A Threat to American Democracy

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I don't know how to upload a video to make it pretty but this is Bernie Sanders. Why yes, after reading the text in all caps I did want to shoot myself. It was all good but this was great:

NOW, WHILE THE WEALTHIEST PEOPLE ARE DOING PHENOMENALLY WELL, WHILE THE UNITED STATES TODAY HAS THE MOST UNEQUAL DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH AND INCOME OF ANY MAJOR COUNTRY ON EARTH AND WHILE THAT INCOME AND EQUALITY IS WORSE TODAY THAN AT ANY TIME SINCE 1928, WHAT WE ARE ALSO SEEING IS THE COLLAPSE OF THE MIDDLE CLASS AND AN INCREASE IN POVERTY. MADAM PRESIDENT, SINCE 1999, THE TYPICAL MIDDLE-CLASS FAMILY HAS SEEN ITS INCOME GO DOWN BY MORE THAN $5,000 AFTER ADJUSTING FOR INFLATION. THE TYPICAL MIDDLE-CLASS AMERICAN FAMILY EARN LESS INCOME—EARNED LESS INCOME LAST YEAR THAN IT DID 25 YEARS AGO BACK IN 1989. AND IN FACT, YOU’RE PROBABLY THE LAST PERSON IN THE WORLD I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS TO BECAUSE YOU WROTE SEVERAL BOOKS ON THIS SUBJECT. WHAT WE ARE ALSO LOOKING AT IS THAT TYPICAL MALE WORKERS—AND I WANT PEOPLE TO HEAR THIS. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE ANGRY IN THIS COUNTRY? TYPICAL, THAT’S THE MEDIAN MALE WORKER IN THIS COUNTRY, MADE $283 LESS LAST YEAR THAN HE DID 44 YEARS AGO. SO THE QUESTION—AND I SHOULD SAY IN TERMS OF THE TYPICAL FEMALE WORKER, SHE EARNED $1,700 LESS THAN SHE DID IN 2007. SO THE QUESTION THAT I THINK EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD BE ASKING IS HOW DOES IT HAPPEN THAT WHEN WE HAVE A HUGE INCREASE IN PRODUCTIVITY, EVERYBODY HAS A CELL PHONE, EVERYBODY HAS A SOPHISTICATED COMPUTER, WE HAVE ROBOTICS IN ALL OF OUR FACTORIES, WE HAVE A HUGE INCREASE IN PRODUCTIVITY. WHERE IS ALL OF THE WEALTH GOING THAT INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY HAS CREATED? AND THE ANSWER IS PRETTY CLEAR. IT HAS GONE TO THE TOP 1%. SO THE MORAL ISSUE THAT WE HAVE GOT TO ADDRESS AS A NATION, ARE WE COMFORTABLE AS A NATION IN WHICH IN RECENT YEARS WE HAVE SEEN A HUGE INCREASE IN THE NUMBER OF MILLIONAIRES AND BILLIONAIRES WHILE AT THE SAME TIME WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE LIVING IN POVERTY THAN WE HAVE EVER HAD BEFORE. MADAM PRESIDENT, THIS IS JUST TO ME AN INCREDIBLE FACT.

The rest of the text and the video is here:
http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/22830-focus-a-threat-to-american-democracy

So how's that Obamanomics working out for you? Five years of Obama, 7 years of Democrats controlling some or all of Congress.
Sanders is a fucking commie who is wrong on every issue he touches.

So how's that Obamanomics working out for you? Five years of Obama, 7 years of Democrats controlling some or all of Congress.

Nice attempt at deflection. Try again.

It's deflection to point out the Dems have basically controlled gov't for 7 years and this is the result? Not hardly. It's the point, jerkwad.

It's deflection to point out the Dems have basically controlled gov't for 7 years and this is the result? Not hardly. It's the point, jerkwad.

You were done with Commie. You either lack the capacity to comprehend definitions or you ran to that simply to deflect.

This is more your tea? Create job insecurity because it's mmmm mmmm good?
It wasn't an automatic drop. Pay attention.
FRB: Testimony, Greenspan -- Humphrey-Hawkins -- February 26, 1997

That your version of competition? How cool are you?

Last edited:
But the average American does also work less than 44 years ago. So why should they receive the same wage as 44 years ago with working way less hours?

You were done with Commie. You either lack the capacity to comprehend definitions or you ran to that simply to deflect.

This is more your tea? Create job insecurity because it's mmmm mmmm good?
It wasn't an automatic drop. Pay attention.
FRB: Testimony, Greenspan -- Humphrey-Hawkins -- February 26, 1997

That your version of competition? How cool are you?
You want to discuss the definition of communism and I'm the one deflecting?
How about, the Dems have run this economy for 7 years and these are the results, you 'tard.

But the average American does also work less than 44 years ago. So why should they receive the same wage as 44 years ago with working way less hours?

Because they are far more productive than 44 years ago. Think of how many people it took to do the job that one computer does now.

I don't know how to upload a video to make it pretty but this is Bernie Sanders. Why yes, after reading the text in all caps I did want to shoot myself. It was all good but this was great:

NOW, WHILE THE WEALTHIEST PEOPLE ARE DOING PHENOMENALLY WELL, WHILE THE UNITED STATES TODAY HAS THE MOST UNEQUAL DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH AND INCOME OF ANY MAJOR COUNTRY ON EARTH AND WHILE THAT INCOME AND EQUALITY IS WORSE TODAY THAN AT ANY TIME SINCE 1928, WHAT WE ARE ALSO SEEING IS THE COLLAPSE OF THE MIDDLE CLASS AND AN INCREASE IN POVERTY. MADAM PRESIDENT, SINCE 1999, THE TYPICAL MIDDLE-CLASS FAMILY HAS SEEN ITS INCOME GO DOWN BY MORE THAN $5,000 AFTER ADJUSTING FOR INFLATION. THE TYPICAL MIDDLE-CLASS AMERICAN FAMILY EARN LESS INCOME—EARNED LESS INCOME LAST YEAR THAN IT DID 25 YEARS AGO BACK IN 1989. AND IN FACT, YOU’RE PROBABLY THE LAST PERSON IN THE WORLD I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS TO BECAUSE YOU WROTE SEVERAL BOOKS ON THIS SUBJECT. WHAT WE ARE ALSO LOOKING AT IS THAT TYPICAL MALE WORKERS—AND I WANT PEOPLE TO HEAR THIS. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE ANGRY IN THIS COUNTRY? TYPICAL, THAT’S THE MEDIAN MALE WORKER IN THIS COUNTRY, MADE $283 LESS LAST YEAR THAN HE DID 44 YEARS AGO. SO THE QUESTION—AND I SHOULD SAY IN TERMS OF THE TYPICAL FEMALE WORKER, SHE EARNED $1,700 LESS THAN SHE DID IN 2007. SO THE QUESTION THAT I THINK EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD BE ASKING IS HOW DOES IT HAPPEN THAT WHEN WE HAVE A HUGE INCREASE IN PRODUCTIVITY, EVERYBODY HAS A CELL PHONE, EVERYBODY HAS A SOPHISTICATED COMPUTER, WE HAVE ROBOTICS IN ALL OF OUR FACTORIES, WE HAVE A HUGE INCREASE IN PRODUCTIVITY. WHERE IS ALL OF THE WEALTH GOING THAT INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY HAS CREATED? AND THE ANSWER IS PRETTY CLEAR. IT HAS GONE TO THE TOP 1%. SO THE MORAL ISSUE THAT WE HAVE GOT TO ADDRESS AS A NATION, ARE WE COMFORTABLE AS A NATION IN WHICH IN RECENT YEARS WE HAVE SEEN A HUGE INCREASE IN THE NUMBER OF MILLIONAIRES AND BILLIONAIRES WHILE AT THE SAME TIME WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE LIVING IN POVERTY THAN WE HAVE EVER HAD BEFORE. MADAM PRESIDENT, THIS IS JUST TO ME AN INCREDIBLE FACT.

FOCUS | A Threat to American Democracy

The other thing that happened, though, and this goes to the point you were just making, is there are some structural issues with our economy where a lot of businesses have learned to become much more efficient with a lot fewer workers. You see it when you go to a bank and you use an ATM; you don't go to a bank teller. Or you go to the airport, and you're using a kiosk instead of checking in at the gate. So all these things have created changes in the.[NBC, Today, 6/14/11]- Obama

Who told you that?
It's just a fact that people who work for a boss do have more free time and longer vacations than 40 years ago. This is achieved by labor unions.

It's just a fact?

Let me guess. You are a conservative who pulled himself up by his own bootstraps after a childhood of poverty. You just know things.

How's about some supporting evidence to back up your claim?

Who told you that?
It's just a fact that people who work for a boss do have more free time and longer vacations than 40 years ago. This is achieved by labor unions.

It's just a fact?

Let me guess. You are a conservative who pulled himself up by his own bootstraps after a childhood of poverty. You just know things.

How's about some supporting evidence to back up your claim?

The newbie didn't know that links were a good thing. He/she thought their pearls of wisdom should be recognized as the truth as a right wingers understands it.

And EVERY right wonger knows that the unions are the source of all problems in this country. Yep, unions did it.

CaféAuLait;8854514 said:

The other thing that happened, though, and this goes to the point you were just making, is there are some structural issues with our economy where a lot of businesses have learned to become much more efficient with a lot fewer workers. You see it when you go to a bank and you use an ATM; you don't go to a bank teller. Or you go to the airport, and you're using a kiosk instead of checking in at the gate. So all these things have created changes in the.[NBC, Today, 6/14/11]- Obama

All those advancements in technology, efficiency and productivity were achieved by investments of millions of dollars by those greedy capitalist corporations who are now simply benefitting from their investments.

We have been trying pure supply side economics for the past 40 years. What has it gotten us? We need to go back to the policies that worked in the 40's-70's with a system that favored the growth of the middle class.

We need to go back to investing within our own nation! American first!!!!

Last edited:

All that money you claim to have and still you refuse to BUY A CLUE.

FIRST of all dumbfuck, we're NOT a DEMOCRACY...And SECOND? The fucking GOVERNMENT is responsible for destroying the so-called 'middle-class'.

better than bush-onomics.... except of course to braindead rightwingnuts

Didnt bother to read the OP, eh dummy? People are worse off now than they were 5 years, even 7 years ago. Care to compare average UE rates for Bush and Obama? Average GDP growth?
Dummy poseur

We have been trying pure supply side economics for the past 40 years. What has it gotten us? We need to go back to the policies that worked in the 40's-70's with a system that favored the growth of the middle class.

We need to go back to investing within our own nation! American first!!!!

^^
Low information voter in action.
How well did policies work in the 1970s, that brought us stagflation and high unemployment? Why did Kennedy cut income taxes if things were so great?

Forum List

Back