AARP backs healthcare bill

Apparently you did not read my post, so I will repeat it....

Other countries control costs by making medical schools cheaper to attend, reducing the cost of drugs, eliminating useless procedures and tests, using electronic records, streamlining admins, limiting malpractice, paying doctors less, and covering everyone, so that the most expensive medical care there is, the emergency room, is used less often.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare because they do these things.

So there it is in a nutshell, my friends. This is how the rest of the world does healthcare better and cheaper than we do.

You don't get it, the problem with this massive take over is that there is NO TORT REFORM, it does absolutely NOTHING to control this cost and without tort reform there is no control on costs. Health care costs will increase and they will increase dramatically. Tort reform is not in this bill, you will still be able to sue your doctor for anything and everything, but you can't sue the government for mismanagement of your health care.

You don't get it. I am agreeing with you.
no you arent, you fucking moron
he doesnt want obamacare like you do

More right wing extremist Wall Street Journal bullshit.

The socialized medicine in England is not having a problem. In fact a lot of our vaccines are made in England because the for profit companies won't make vaccines because there is not money in it for them.

Game, set, match....

LIVERPOOL, England _ At a public clinic, almost in the shadow of the Chiron plant near the Mersey River, a poster says to "make an appointment today for your free flu jab."

Flu vaccine may be delayed in some locations, but the shortages America is seeing are not expected here, thanks in part to early action by British health officials.

Late this summer, at the first sign of new problems at the Chiron Corp.'s long-troubled plant, the British began searching for other suppliers of flu vaccine.

"When Chiron informed us of the potential problems at the end of August, we made contingency agreements," ...

Article: No flu vaccine shortage expected in England.(Knight Ridder Newspapers) - Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service | HighBeam Research - FREE trial

Last edited:
Argumentum ad hominem (argument directed at the person). This is the error of attacking the character or motives of a person who has stated an idea, rather than the idea itself. The most obvious example of this fallacy is when one debater maligns the character of another debater (e.g, "The members of the opposition are a couple of fascists!"), but this is actually not that common. A more typical manifestation of argumentum ad hominem is attacking a source of information -- for example, responding to a quotation from Richard Nixon on the subject of free trade with China by saying, "We all know Nixon was a liar and a cheat, so why should we believe anything he says?" Argumentum ad hominem also occurs when someone's arguments are discounted merely because they stand to benefit from the policy they advocate -- such as Bill Gates arguing against antitrust, rich people arguing for lower taxes, white people arguing against affirmative action, minorities arguing for affirmative action, etc. In all of these cases, the relevant question is not who makes the argument, but whether the argument is valid.

Refute the facts presented, rather than attacking the source like the cowardly fucking cur you are.

More right wing extremist Wall Street Journal bullshit.

The socialized medicine in England is not having a problem. In fact a lot of our vaccines are made in England because the for profit companies won't make vaccines because there is not money in it for them.

Game, set, match....

LIVERPOOL, England _ At a public clinic, almost in the shadow of the Chiron plant near the Mersey River, a poster says to "make an appointment today for your free flu jab."

Flu vaccine may be delayed in some locations, but the shortages America is seeing are not expected here, thanks in part to early action by British health officials.

Late this summer, at the first sign of new problems at the Chiron Corp.'s long-troubled plant, the British began searching for other suppliers of flu vaccine.

"When Chiron informed us of the potential problems at the end of August, we made contingency agreements," ...

Article: No flu vaccine shortage expected in England.(Knight Ridder Newspapers) - Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service | HighBeam Research - FREE trial
yeah, this group is so right wing

NCPA | About Us

Chris just continues to prove what a fucking idiot he is

Considering they started out two months behind and how slow it grows (and because the FDA hasn't approved cell-culture vaccines as they are doing in Europe), I'd say they're doing pretty good.
Uh-huh.....I rest my case.

What case? I'm not arguing for the FDA. They should have approved that several years ago along with the adjuvants that has all the conspiracy theorists up in arms. Approved that and more... just as those evil European countries with universal coverage have done.

Considering they started out two months behind and how slow it grows (and because the FDA hasn't approved cell-culture vaccines as they are doing in Europe), I'd say they're doing pretty good.

What case? I'm not arguing for the FDA. They should have approved that several years ago along with the adjuvants that has all the conspiracy theorists up in arms. Approved that and more... just as those evil European countries with universal coverage have done.
The FDA is just one of numerous bureaucratic symptoms of federal ineptitude and outright graft that is a drag upon and a tremendous expense for the current system.

I fail to see how expanding that inept and corrupt model is going to make anything less costly and/or improve services.

The FDA is just one of numerous bureaucratic symptoms of federal ineptitude and outright graft that is a drag upon and a tremendous expense for the current system.

I fail to see how expanding that inept and corrupt model is going to make anything less costly and/or improve services.

Who wants to expand the FDA?

Argumentum ad hominem (argument directed at the person). This is the error of attacking the character or motives of a person who has stated an idea, rather than the idea itself. The most obvious example of this fallacy is when one debater maligns the character of another debater (e.g, "The members of the opposition are a couple of fascists!"), but this is actually not that common. A more typical manifestation of argumentum ad hominem is attacking a source of information -- for example, responding to a quotation from Richard Nixon on the subject of free trade with China by saying, "We all know Nixon was a liar and a cheat, so why should we believe anything he says?" Argumentum ad hominem also occurs when someone's arguments are discounted merely because they stand to benefit from the policy they advocate -- such as Bill Gates arguing against antitrust, rich people arguing for lower taxes, white people arguing against affirmative action, minorities arguing for affirmative action, etc. In all of these cases, the relevant question is not who makes the argument, but whether the argument is valid.

Refute the facts presented, rather than attacking the source like the cowardly fucking cur you are.

England has no vaccine shortage.

Your precious for profit companies can't make money on vaccines.

Same problem with malaria. No profit in fighting it. That's why Bill Gates had to take on that problem with his foundation.

What's the population of England, shitferbrains?

Fuck you, asshole.

Every other industrialized country in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

If Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Cuba, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Ukraine and the United Kingdom can do it....

So can we.

Last edited:
As was already pointed out, rapidly producible cell culture vaccines are approved in those countries, but not America, you blithering idiot.

You're too stupid for your own good.

No one is arguing that.

But thanks for playing.

Like AARP isn't a corporate lobbyist.

Stupid fuck.

Is that the AARP whose members are cancelling their memberships because they disapprove of the AARP's sucking up to the Obamanation?
A lot of people already know that AARP is little more than a leftist corporate lobbying group....This isn't going to help them acquire more members.

i'm of age and you won't catch me joining. They just try to ram their version of health insurance down your throat and sell ya other crap.

Membership is $16 / year.

Just checked their health insurance rates. Much better than what I've been quoted from other companies. Ranges from $231 to $434.

That's only for prescription drug coverage, which is usually added to the $98 for Medicare. ;)

Shifting the cost of who pays and manages healthcare will not in any way insure that the cost of said car will go down, and with our government's history it will likely go up because they will see the chance to increase fees in order to increase the amount of money the politicians can take from us, the tax payer, period, nothing else is logical.

Membership is $16 / year.

Just checked their health insurance rates. Much better than what I've been quoted from other companies. Ranges from $231 to $434.

That's only for prescription drug coverage, which is usually added to the $98 for Medicare. ;)

Is that per month? and I'll bet it is just supplemental to medicare.

It's per month, then they charge premiums on medications as well, averaging 4 dollars for generics and up to $100 for some (those with no generic counterparts). They send out a huge book listing all the premiums for all the meds they cover every year, this year they all went up.

Forum List

Back