Abortion and birth control: Crazy sexy stupid

Catholicism is the only major religion out of the major ones that doesn't allow birth control. Protestants, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, and various branches of Judaism all allow some form of birth control to be used.

Alot of people here just believe abstinence is the best way, which is ridiculous because it never works.

Abstinence works every time.

and if you never drive in a car you can never be killed in a car accident..

unless you leave your house and get hit while walking along the street

so do NOT, under any circumstances, EVER leave your house....

or climb a mountain
or scuba dive
or play football

because if you leave your house to DO SOMETHING you might get KILLED!~

I have never understood how someone can oppose birth control and abortion at the same time

Birth control is the most effective means to cut down on the number of abortions in this country. To claim the only acceptable means is "don't have sex" only increases the need for abortion

I have never understood how someone can oppose birth control and abortion at the same time

Birth control is the most effective means to cut down on the number of abortions in this country. To claim the only acceptable means is "don't have sex" only increases the need for abortion

Yup :thup:

political-pictures-bristol-palin-abstinence-do.jpg

abstinence.jpg

abstinence-life-time-human-nature-joke-then-now-family-futur-demotivational-poster-1249116406.jpg

lol

Bristol is holding her brother in the first pic.

The second one? All in-vitro kids.

Abstinence works every time. True story. It should be adamantly taught as 'thee' go-to birth control (because it works), in conjunction with other methods of birth control. Of course, the parents are the ones who should be doing the teaching.

If teaching abstinence worked we would not have such a high rate of teen pregnancies.

Why'd you leave out the other part of my post? You know, the one where I said 'in conjunction with other methods of birth control'?

Once again, abstinence works if abstinence is practiced. Emphasizing that, with back up information, is the best approach, imo.

Also, if we'd stop glorifying teen pregnancies (ex, teachers throwing pregnant teens baby showers, pregnant teens going to school) maybe they'd stop and think before acting. From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be any stigma whatsoever attached to being 16 and pregnant. Too bad.

Last edited:

Some view them as equally wrong....

I know when I was in sex ed we were told condoms and other forms of BC aren't 100% effective against pregnancy and STDs. Nor were we told that casual sex was okay. In fact, we were taught that having sex came along with a huge responsibility. Teenagers should never be told that casual sex is okie mcsmokey skittle-dee-doo.

What is being dealt with is the reality that teens have sex ... and lots of it. Better to protect them than to not. No matter what inherit dangers in contraceptives are expressed at some point it has to be acknowledged to those being taught that practicing safe sex and using things like condoms is a much safer alternative to not using them at all.

Again, what would prefer to call it?

"Playing with fire."

:lol:

Interesting. I'm not opposed.

I'd like them to show pics of STD ridden genitalia to them too if that isn't already in the curriculum. I know some of THOSE would have made me balk a bit more in when I was in my teens and early 20's.

I agree.

Your an idiot because you think teens will buy into your unrealistic "lifetime managomy" rubbish, most adults don't buy into that but teens will huh?:lol::cuckoo:

Ah.

Well your stupidity is on display now. Tough guy is pwetty sensitive uh?

You were already dismissed bitch, formation is over.:drillsergeant:

By what authority do you think that tone is effective? 6 weeks at Lackland does not make you an imposing person, FYI. :rofl:

I know when I was in sex ed we were told condoms and other forms of BC aren't 100% effective against pregnancy and STDs. Nor were we told that casual sex was okay. In fact, we were taught that having sex came along with a huge responsibility. Teenagers should never be told that casual sex is okie mcsmokey skittle-dee-doo.

What is being dealt with is the reality that teens have sex ... and lots of it. Better to protect them than to not. No matter what inherit dangers in contraceptives are expressed at some point it has to be acknowledged to those being taught that practicing safe sex and using things like condoms is a much safer alternative to not using them at all.

Again, what would prefer to call it?

"Playing with fire."

I'd like them to show pics of STD ridden genitalia to them too if that isn't already in the curriculum. I know some of THOSE would have made me balk a bit more in when I was in my teens and early 20's.

we watched a video of a baby being born. not sure if they still have them watch that.

I agree.

"Playing with fire."

we watched a video of a baby being born. not sure if they still have them watch that.

They never did that for me.

However, if I ever do have a child my wife or baby momma will have to understand that I will be in the room and by their side during the deliery but I don't want to see any of what is going on down there if they ever want me have sex with them again.

You were already dismissed bitch, formation is over.:drillsergeant:

By what authority do you think that tone is effective? 6 weeks at Lackland does not make you an imposing person, FYI. :rofl:

I spent 14 months at the Chief Master Drill Sergeant training school at Peterson.

Oh you're being serious? I thought we were just joking around.

Ok, tough guy, whatever you say. :lol: The Air Force is known for some great things but outside of SAR and CCT, tough is the last thing anyone pictures when they see blue polyester.

Honorable service and I respect it, but you are no badass. Sorry, zoomie.

Last edited:

I spent 14 months at the Chief Master Drill Sergeant training school at Peterson.

Oh you're being serious? I thought we were just joking around.

Ok, tough guy, whatever you say. :lol: The Air Force is known for some great things, but outside of SAR and CCT tough is the last thing anyone pictures when they see blue polyester.

Honorable service and I respect it, but you are no badass. Sorry, zoomie.

I trained with Chuck Norris.

chuck_norris.jpg

And some view having sex as dirty

problem is your always going to have *abortion * its been there thou the ages
remember grandma and her wire coat hanger.
to teach abstinance as well as other methods ( ie contraception ) in the schools the right thing to do in my book .
i would like to see the idea of personal responsibility instilled in our society . its become a staple of the modern world to shout *its not my fault * when you fuck up and then turn to the govt to take care of the problem .

nobody knows the real %percentage of teens that have sex according to who is asking the question *taking the poll * depends on the answer they give .
i
sex is natural when ever the religious right say people of all ages married of not have been having sex since the year dot.
the church says its only for married couple bull shit who are they to decide who can and who cannot partake in a natural act
define marriage .... in our society it means going to the county you live in paying for a licence then going to a authorized county official to get it validated
going to a church for a ceremony DOES NOT MAKE MAKE YOU LEGALLY MARRIED ,but to do so is your choice . at one time in history a man just took a female and made her his wife .

if the religious wackos would except that having sex is the right of two (or more ) consenting adults and not a privilege handed down by the church to only include those married we would start to see progress .

teach BC same as you teach safe driving , and the dangers inherant in most things we do in our daily lives .

abortion sure we would like to see less and less of this practice,
not that im opposed i just think its a choice the mother should make ,not alone but with the help of family and if she chooses her faith teaching of course she should be told of ALL THE OPTIONS INCLUDING adoption .

the federal govt should have no part in decisions we made that involves our body including what we eat , drink .smoke , adorn it with or use it for .

abortion of course does have a impact on our health system and there is no validity in the view of some that it should,not be funded .
why not ?? cus it goes against certain religious teaching ?

should we stop funding treatment for injuries caused by alcohol use cus some religions teaching are against it ?
where does the stop the funding end ?
do we stop funding for a injury caused thou a motorcycle accident cus the injured was advised to wear a helmet and did,nt ??
do we stop funding for a injury caused by a fall from a rock when the injured was advised not to climb there ?
just a few examples .

all these things boil down to how much power do you think the federal govt should have in my mind as a libertarian they have to much already .
give folks ALL the infothey need let them make there own choices in most cases what they choose wont be any worse than what the (one size fits all ) feral govt mandates for them .

for those who feel abortion is wrong (for any reason ) there is no need for them ever to have one its a choice not a mandate

Last edited:

And some view having sex as dirty

sounds like we're talking about the same people.

If teaching abstinence worked we would not have such a high rate of teen pregnancies.

Teaching about condoms and the pill works so much better. :cuckoo:

Why don't you try pulling your head out of your ass and admit that sex education, in any form, has no impact on teen pregnancy? Does it cause a short circuit in your brain when facts conflict with your opinions?

Teaching about condoms and the pill works so much better. :cuckoo:

Why don't you try pulling your head out of your ass and admit that sex education, in any form, has no impact on teen pregnancy? Does it cause a short circuit in your brain when facts conflict with your opinions?

Why don't you pull your head out of your ass and go fuck yourself?:clap2:

"Safe sex" is nonexistent outside of lifelong monogamous partners. Neither my religion nor the sex "education" programs told me that. However the religious belief that lifelong monogamy is best is closer to reality than some false concept of "safe sex" without monogamy.
We don't know when, where or how we'll die, however it is immutable fact that humans have a 100 percent mortality rate. And to live in sterility and constant fear because of the diseases people carry is ridiculous.

Contraceptives mostly prevent STDs and pregnancy. It's shortsighted to assume teenagers are going to be good little celibates; they need to know that vital information concerning safe sex.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back