Abortion Barbie goes pro life

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Damn, I thought she made her name for filibustering a law that banned abortions after 20 weeks.

If anyone thinks this woman still has a chance of winning let me know so I can laugh at you.

Wendy Davis said Tuesday that she would have supported a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, if the law adequately deferred to a woman and her doctor.
Davis, a Fort Worth senator and the likely Democratic nominee for governor, told The Dallas Morning News’ editorial board that less than one-half of 1 percent of Texas abortions occur after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Most of those were in cases where fetal abnormalities were evident or there were grave risks to the health of the woman.
“I would line up with most people in Texas who would prefer that that’s not something that happens outside of those two arenas,” Davis said.

Wendy Davis backs 20-week abortion ban that defers to women | Dallas Morning News

She also support second amendment.

Damn, those libs will say anything to get elected.

Oops, sorry, they don't flip-flop, they evolve...

Damn, I thought she made her name for filibustering a law that banned abortions after 20 weeks.

If anyone thinks this woman still has a chance of winning let me know so I can laugh at you.

Wendy Davis said Tuesday that she would have supported a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, if the law adequately deferred to a woman and her doctor.
Davis, a Fort Worth senator and the likely Democratic nominee for governor, told The Dallas Morning News’ editorial board that less than one-half of 1 percent of Texas abortions occur after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Most of those were in cases where fetal abnormalities were evident or there were grave risks to the health of the woman.
“I would line up with most people in Texas who would prefer that that’s not something that happens outside of those two arenas,” Davis said.

Wendy Davis backs 20-week abortion ban that defers to women | Dallas Morning News

Davis filibustered a bill that would cut access for abortions due to nonsensical health measures.

Read the whole article, please.

Wendy stands a snow balls chance in Death Valley of becoming the governor of Texas.

So pro-lifers support abortions before 20 weeks?

Here's an interesting thing. About one half of Americans self-identify as "pro-life" while the other half self-identify as "pro-choice".

And yet, about two thirds of Americans oppose abortion after the first trimester.

What this means is that a lot of people who identify as pro-choice oppose abortions after the first trimester!

This is the middle ground the pro-lifers need to be reaching out to, instead of allowing the extremists to polarize everyone.

Davis filibustered a bill that would cut access for abortions due to nonsensical health measures.

I did, she opposed a bill that would deny abortions unless the mother or the child was in danger, now she supports it.

Most americans support something along these lines. This doesnt mean she turned Prolife, it means she has a moderate position on the subject.
You could just treat it as this and not make it such a partisan shit fest

I did, she opposed a bill that would deny abortions unless the mother or the child was in danger, now she supports it.

no...she doesnt just support it. she supports a 20 week law unless the mother was in danger, which is a rare occurrence at 1%.
again She is taking a moderate position on abortion that most americans when you remove the extreme ends will agree to. this idea that you are trying to paint her as a flopper is a fail.

Here's an interesting thing. About one half of Americans self-identify as "pro-life" while the other half self-identify as "pro-choice".

And yet, about two thirds of Americans oppose abortion after the first trimester.

What this means is that a lot of people who identify as pro-choice oppose abortions after the first trimester!

This is the middle ground the pro-lifers need to be reaching out to, instead of allowing the extremists to polarize everyone.

and on the other end the Pro-choice people need to listen to people who advocate this 20 week idea. While you would never get rid of the crazy people like Allie. you could for the most part put the issue to rest for most americans.

QWB is full gas.

Davis, nevertheless, stands little chance of being elected governor.

Agreed. I am one of those who considers himself to be pro-choice but only before 20 weeks, unless the mothers life is in danger. This is why his thread title is misleading because she can certainly still be pro-choice and support restrictions post-20 weeks.

But then again, it's Quantum Windbag posting this. And he's as accurately named a poster as there is on on this site.

Agreed. I am one of those who considers himself to be pro-choice but only before 20 weeks, unless the mothers life is in danger. This is why his thread title is misleading because she can certainly still be pro-choice and support restrictions post-20 weeks.

Two thirds of Americans oppose abortion after 13 weeks, not 20.

Half of pro-choice people believe abortion should be ilegal after the first trimester (13 weeks).

Pro-life and pro-choice Americans also broadly agree that abortion should be legal when a woman's life or physical health is endangered by pregnancy and when pregnancy is caused by rape or incest. Both groups favor banning "partial-birth abortions," and requiring parental consent for minors. Additionally, a slim majority of pro-choice Americans (52%) agree with 90% of pro-life Americans that abortion should be illegal in the second trimester.

Plenty of Common Ground Found in Abortion Debate

First trimester
2ec2h5j.jpg

Second trimester
2l94fvr.jpg

Fetus at 20 weeks:
161f607.jpg

Forum List

Back