ACA 2.0 Begins Tomorrow.

We fucked up the entire healthcare system and added another trillion to our national debt to get insurance for 2% of the population.....if they're lucky it will be 2.5% this year.

Leftist elites call this "success"....

:cuckoo:

ACA 2 is beginning? Crap! This means that the world is coming to an end AGAIN!

I'll just have to make the best of it by doubling down on my health insurance company stock....

Looks like most of the horror stories have been dismissed. The second year of this Heritage Foundation backed plan is about to begin.

Obamacare 2.0 open enrollment starts Saturday - Nov. 14 2014

Long forgotten access issues and very modest rate increases.

What will the USMB nutters find to bitch about?

Good times!!

very modest rate increases, eh? First off all that is a lie. Second of all what happened to the thousands every family was SUPPOSED to save?

So what if Obamacare is a clusterfuck of fail? Liberals/progressives measure results by "intentions" not reality.....otherwise they'd be suicidal.

:lol:

Whoopty doo. Even if the site works that does not mean people can afford the insurance or qualify for subsidies.

So what if Obamacare is a clusterfuck of fail? Liberals/progressives measure results by "intentions" not reality.....otherwise they'd be suicidal.

What exactly is the metric that's bothering you?

The uninsurance rate? (Dropped substantially and is about to start declining further.)

The deficit? (Now lower than the 40-year-average, having experienced one of the sharpest declines ever recorded.)

Health care cost growth? (Has fallen to record lows.)

Quality? (Physician groups have improved their quality performance, hospitals continue to increase their scores on quality and patient safety metrics, and even Medicare Advantage quality has been climbing steadily.)

The cost of the law relative to projections when it passed? (Cheaper--exchange subsidies paid out in FY14 were about 31% lower than the price tag "sold" back in 2010, in large part because premiums are lower than they were expected to be).

So which objective measure of the health care system is the problem for you?

The uninsurance rate? (Dropped substantially and is about to start declining further.)

The deficit? (Now lower than the 40-year-average, having experienced one of the sharpest declines ever recorded.)

Quality? (Physician groups have improved their quality performance, hospitals continue to increase their scores on quality and patient safety metrics, and even Medicare Advantage quality has been climbing steadily.)

The cost of the law relative to projections when it passed? (Cheaper--exchange subsidies paid out in FY14 were about 31% lower than the price tag "sold" back in 2010, in large part because premiums are lower than they were expected to be).

Nicely done. Good to see you.

You do forget, these companies, if they have any losses the govt. has promised to repay them. Dropped substantially? You don'-t do math well, do you? Only 15% of our total population was supposedly uninsured. Many of which were eligible for medicaid already they just didn't want to. An entire 2% of 15% without have now signed up. And have you not read or listened to all the stories where people have lost their doctors? I could go on and on , but will stop here.

When Medicare went into effect in 1966, I had just started my group health insurance career. The Right preached that it was the end of the world for only about three years. I guess that this time we will have to endure "the end of the world" for even longer. I admit that it is getting somewhat wearisome. They can't seem to get there mind focused on anything else for long. Let's hope that they get over it, and start preaching 24/7 that granting amnesty to Jesus and Juanita is the real end of the world

Does health insurance cost more or less since Obamacare was passed without a single Republican vote? It was going to lower the cost for all!! As Obama often reminded us: "WORDS MATTER".

How many of the supposed "49 million uninsured" are covered now, thanks to Obamacare?

How many of these "newly insured" are A) paying their premiums and B) what percentage are enrolled in Medicare?

Bonus Questions: I liked my plan and the POTUS told me "I could keep my plan"... turns out- my plan was cancelled and I couldn't keep my plan. Why did he lie? Why is everything about Obamacare a lie?

Has the rate of uninsured dropped? If it hasn't yet, then it will because Medicaid has been greatly expanded. And it's now actually illegal to be uninsured, so there's also that. Get insurance or get a series of escalating fines in the mail. Nice!

The deficit? Let me put it this way; Let's say I make $50,000 a year. I begin to spend $5,000 a day which is way beyond my means. I cut back to spending only $2,500, reducing my annual deficit by a whopping 50%. Wow! Impressive. But let's not kid ourselves, I'm still living way beyond my means. And let's not kid ourselves over the national deficit. The sheer insanity of the Bush/Obama $1.5 trillion deficit makes the current deficit look reasonable, by comparison. That's all.

On a per capita basis, healthcare costs continue to grow. "Per capita health care costs have been rising at just under 3 percent a year over the last four years, but that’s less than half the average annual growth in the preceding eight years. Economists say the recession is the biggest reason for the dip — though many also credit the ACA for a bit of the decline."
ACA Impact on Per Capita Cost of Health Care
We had a lot of inflation under Bush. Food, fuel and health care costs rose dramatically. Then we had a financial crash, and a great recession, and accordingly inflation has been very minimal under Obama. If the economy starts to pick up again, that will translate to a return to rapidly escalating health care costs.

And really, when this thing does take hold and everyone is caught in its web, who is to say what insurance companies will charge, or what the quality metrics will say, or what the burden will be on taxpayers when the burden of cost shifts to the states, or what the cost of the law will be after a massive expansion of Medicaid for the poor at the very time when Baby Boomers are going on Medicare by the thousands per day?

Generally speaking, the American people are sensible. They'll see the ACA for what it is, and how it was sold. I lot of Bush supporters changed their minds about the Iraq war, and how it was sold. A lot of Obama supporters will eventually change their minds about the ACA.

Family of 3...$930 monthly premium, $12,700 deductible, $13,200 out of pocket.

Yeah, what the FUCK isn't there to like about this fucking bullshit.

More details, please.

Income.
Age of insured.
Zip code.
Any smokers?

I will tell you if a better deal is available.

Thanks.

Liberals have such great ideas that they have to be MANDATORY......

Q-What if I don't want or need health insurance?
A You're selfish and stupid. You need health insurance because we said so.

Q-What if I'd rather spend my income on quality food for healthy meals instead of insurance that I'll never use?
A- You're selfish and stupid. Buy insurance and don't forget to sign up for food stamps!

Q- What if I'd rather make my own choices in life and resent some bureaucrat deciding what I need?
A- You are obviously selfish and stupid. It takes a village!! Now let's all sing Kumbya!!!

:cuckoo:

Any intelligent, conscientious, productive citizen.......living in a nation that does not have single payer universal health care.....needs health insurance. It is not a viable option to go without it.

Forum List

Back