Accepting Diversity: Gay Marriage vs. Christmas Culture

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Please tell me this story is hyped up and isn't true, that it was rumors to create a media backlash:

School Considered Canceling Nutcracker Trip to Protect Kids From Christmas Tree Exposure

Belmont school reverses decision to cancel Nutcracker trip - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

??? Only in America:
Gay marriage should be pushed through public institutions because people should be tolerant and INCLUDE people and beliefs different from their own.

But then, when it comes to a Christmas tree, the field trip should be cancelled
to prevent from exposing children to it?

But gay marriage is accepting diversity? And the Christmas culture isn't? What the ???

There is nothing religious about the Nutcracker. It is a Christmas story about a nutcracker given to a girl as a present who turns into a prince.

The story is real. The complaint was over the presence of a Christmas tree on stage. The school has reversed its decision. The PTA board member who is offended by Christmas trees was so incensed by the reversal has resigned.

There is nothing religious about the Nutcracker. It is a Christmas story about a nutcracker given to a girl as a present who turns into a prince.

The story is real. The complaint was over the presence of a Christmas tree on stage. The school has reversed its decision. The PTA board member who is offended by Christmas trees was so incensed by the reversal has resigned.
The concept of christmas is religious.

No legitimate law can force anyone to sustain anyone else.

But to answer the question..., no one that I know of.

Yes so my point is
comparing the offense over a Christmas tree "imposing religious views or beliefs on others"
while gay marriage in not considered imposing, because there should be tolerance for those beliefs.

Can anyone explain that?

Good! They should be officially censured, then banned from ever holding public office of any kind, at any level.

Yes so my point is
comparing the offense over a Christmas tree "imposing religious views or beliefs on others"
while gay marriage in not considered imposing, because there should be tolerance for those beliefs.

Can anyone explain that?
Can you explain what you just typed? What does gay marriage have to do with this?

OK so if someone believes in
* right to health care as a belief
* right to gay marriage as a belief

Why are those beliefs required to be tolerated to prevent discrimination
but the belief represented by Christmas trees should be avoided.
That belief cannot be imposed
but it's okay to impose beliefs about gay marriage and health care through govt.

Why are some beliefs included and others excluded.
what is the criteria besides political agenda?

(Don't get me wrong, I pose similar questions when
conservatives get huffy and puffy about banning mosques
as a preemptive strike against religious abuses they oppose
when that's against religious freedom also. that's also biased.)

If it wasn't for the tree no one would know it's Christmas. This is a ballet. No one says so much as a happy holiday. I have never heard Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy described as religious music.

If it wasn't for the tree no one would know it's Christmas. This is a ballet. No one says so much as a happy holiday. I have never heard Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy described as religious music.

Yes, so given the avoidance was over the Christmas Tree
why is the CHRISTMAS TREE "avoided as an imposition"
but OTHER beliefs about
things like GAY MARRIAGE are imposed
and acceptance of that is forced, not avoided.

Why are beliefs that offend one group or another treated differently?
What is the criteria?

OK so if someone believes in
* right to health care as a belief
* right to gay marriage as a belief

Why are those beliefs required to be tolerated to prevent discrimination
but the belief represented by Christmas trees should be avoided.
That belief cannot be imposed
but it's okay to impose beliefs about gay marriage and health care through govt.

Why are some beliefs included and others excluded.
what is the criteria besides political agenda?

(Don't get me wrong, I pose similar questions when
conservatives get huffy and puffy about banning mosques
as a preemptive strike against religious abuses they oppose
when that's against religious freedom also. that's also biased.)
I'm not following the logic. Everyone has a right to believe in what they wish. Millions of people will light up Xmas trees this year. I havent heard anything about banning them.

It sounds like some PTA members got all silly over nothing and secretly canceled the trip. The school rightly reserved the decision made by overly dramatic members of the PTA. Some people will look anywhere to find something offensive and that appears to be the case with this story.

That being said, this story has nothing to do with gay marriage.

Yes so my point is

Can anyone explain that?

Yes...

The explanation rests within the perversion of human reasoning relevant to those bringing the imposition.

Left-think rests directly upon Relativism. Relativism axiomatically rejects objectivity... and the absence of any sense of objectivity is how someone demands that their grope for legitimacy much come at the expense of AN ENTIRE CULTURE and the rejection of the immutable principles of nature, which sustain human viability.

It is, in every sense, a disorder of human reasoning; and one of the profound variety.

The only cure for such, is far from the tolerance of such, but the unapologetic rejection of such. Where we tolerate it, we spread it and where it spreads it cripples the individual and every facet of the culture over which each of the infected bear any form of influence and by tolerating such, we expand the scope of that influence.

There is nothing complex about any of this.

Marriage is the joining of one man and one woman.
149301_454218334604819_224319224261399_1721414_1023672214_n.jpg

Forum List

Back