Accidental gun death 2016: 495. Drug over dose death 2017: 70,237...ban drugs.

How many homocides are committed by drugs?

The 11,004 gun murders in 2016 are largely due to drug gangs and their activity......without illegal drug gangs, our gun murder rate would be almost zero.
So the solution is simple... legalize drugs

I can't say I would be against it...it would get rid of the organized violence, but it would still leave the addicts committing crimes to get drug money. Armed Citizens would help with that problem though....
Regulated substances, well funded treatment centers and support programs would help decrease the amount of addicts
Why should taxpayers subsidize the idiocy and illegality of drug abusers?

The 11,004 gun murders in 2016 are largely due to drug gangs and their activity......without illegal drug gangs, our gun murder rate would be almost zero.

I can't say I would be against it...it would get rid of the organized violence, but it would still leave the addicts committing crimes to get drug money. Armed Citizens would help with that problem though....
Regulated substances, well funded treatment centers and support programs would help decrease the amount of addicts
They shouldn’t. The tax revenue made off the legal commerce of drugs will more than pay for that stuff. Might even be enough left over to lower taxes for everybody

Over 70,000 so far this year.
Homocides? Really? how are those committed?
Illegal sale of poisonous substance in many cases, fraudulent possesion of poisonous substance in some cases. A drug abuser who overdoses with a legally acquired and possessed substance commits suicide. Many if not most state law mandates that a death resulting from a criminal act is a homicide. The sale, possession, fraudulent acquisition of narcotics is a criminal act most ofter a felony.
I agree prohibition never works. Taxpayer support of drug addicts is not the answer.

They shouldn’t. The tax revenue made off the legal commerce of drugs will more than pay for that stuff. Might even be enough left over to lower taxes for everybody
So siezure of the profits of pharmaceutical companies is your answer to the drug problem. Why should anyone be forced to subsidize the folly, idiocy and stupidity of another.

Illegal sale of poisonous substance in many cases, fraudulent possesion of poisonous substance in some cases. A drug abuser who overdoses with a legally acquired and possessed substance commits suicide. Many if not most state law mandates that a death resulting from a criminal act is a homicide. The sale, possession, fraudulent acquisition of narcotics is a criminal act most ofter a felony.
I agree prohibition never works. Taxpayer support of drug addicts is not the answer.
Those aren’t homocides in the context of what we are talking about. People aren’t going out and murdering others with drugs unless they are injecting others with hot shots.

Tax payer support of drug addicts is an interesting way of phrasing it. You realize that if drugs were legal the tax payers paying for all the support would only be the users and sellers of drugs, right? They would be paying for their own support

So siezure of the profits of pharmaceutical companies is your answer to the drug problem. Why should anyone be forced to subsidize the folly, idiocy and stupidity of another.
I didnt say that. I said taxing the drug industry. Look how much money states that just legalized pot are making. That’s not siezure of profits.

Lets' talk reality drug a
Those aren’t homocides in the context of what we are talking about. People aren’t going out and murdering others with drugs unless they are injecting others with hot shots.

Tax payer support of drug addicts is an interesting way of phrasing it. You realize that if drugs were legal the tax payers paying for all the support would only be the users and sellers of drugs, right? They would be paying for their own support
Where did that idea come from? Pro sports stadiums are an example of the users paying for the product. Most are backed by bonds based on an increase in sales tax. A sales tax paid by every person making a purchase in the taxing authority. Those who use the stadium are taxed and those who don't use the stadium are taxed. The very best way to determine the future is to analyze the past. Counting your chickens before they have hatched leads many down the path to abject failure.
Taxation is the most pernicious weapon the government wields. You nor anyone else can gurantee where any government program is going. Less is more by far.

So...anti gunners will use gun accidental death as a reason to ban guns......so with 70,237 accidental drug over dose deaths in this country...time to ban drugs? Right?

Those accidental drug over dose deaths outnumber even illegal, intentional gun murder deaths at 11,004 in 2016.....and 7-80% of those deaths were criminals engaged in the criminal life......in Chicago that is over 90%.....

So...if anti gunners want to ban guns over 11,499 gun murders and accidental death...mostly of criminals...then at 70,237 accidental deaths with drugs...we need to immediately ban all drugs for all illnesses...if it saves just one life....Right?

US life expectancy drops again as overdoses climb

Yet democrats want to make drugs legal. This oP confirms its not about saving lives its about control

I didnt say that. I said taxing the drug industry. Look how much money states that just legalized pot are making. That’s not siezure of profits.
The pharmaceutical industry is the drug industry. Who do you think will be providing the hard drugs?
Again I agree prohibition does not and will not work. Governmental support of addiction is not the answer either.

Where did that idea come from? Pro sports stadiums are an example of the users paying for the product. Most are backed by bonds based on an increase in sales tax. A sales tax paid by every person making a purchase in the taxing authority. Those who use the stadium are taxed and those who don't use the stadium are taxed. The very best way to determine the future is to analyze the past. Counting your chickens before they have hatched leads many down the path to abject failure.
Taxation is the most pernicious weapon the government wields. You nor anyone else can gurantee where any government program is going. Less is more by far.
Why are you comparing to stadiums when you can look at actual examples. How much is Colorado and Washington making off the legal pot trade? How much is being subsidized?

The pharmaceutical industry is the drug industry. Who do you think will be providing the hard drugs?
Again I agree prohibition does not and will not work. Governmental support of addiction is not the answer either.
So what’s your point? Legalize and don’t tax?

Why are you comparing to stadiums when you can look at actual examples. How much is Colorado and Washington making off the legal pot trade? How much is being subsidized?
Colorado has a major increase in problems legal and illegal directly related to legalizing pot. I suspect Washington does too.

Colorado has a major increase in problems legal and illegal directly related to legalizing pot. I suspect Washington does too.
What kind of problems?

Yep...it might. But then you still have the gangs with nothing to do once their drug revenue dries up.....what do they do?
That’s a good question. I imagine some will get legit jobs in the drug trade. Others will resort to crime in another areas. But with less funding the wind will be out of their sails. Opportunity and profitability both decrease and many will find another path. It’s all about creating paths of least resistance as most people take the easy road.

They would likely turn to prostitution, kidnapping, gambling.....the oldies but goodies...

Many people turn to govenment to solve problems. Drugs are a good example the government has been trying to deal with the drug problem for over 100 years. What has been the result? Far more available drugs and thousands upon thousands of more addicts. Still there are many who call on the government to fix the problem.
Einstein was never more brilliant than when he said "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity"

Forum List

Back