ACLU comes to bombers aid

did you fools even stop to think you were mad at the gov for using this approach a few minutes ago?

Doesn't the ACLU actively protect the Constitution and one's rights per the Constitution just like the NRA protects one's 2nd Amendment rights??

Yes, but conservatives hate the ACLU because the Union is usually protecting the Constitution from attacks by the right.

I don't recall the ACLU defending certain rights of citizens they seem to do it selectively

Wasn't it the A.C.L.U. that successfully got the C.D.A. ruled unconstitutional after the treasonous congress and Bill Clinton approved it?

I knew they would show up. their looking for a tasty settlement here at taxpayers expense

BOSTON — As the lone surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing lay hospitalized under heavy guard, the American Civil Liberties Union and a federal public defender raised concerns about investigators' plan to question 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev without reading him his Miranda rights.

huff post

IMO this kid still has a chance of getting off scott free

Did you bother to read, or comprehend, your own article:

ACLU Executive Director Anthony Romero said the legal exception applies only when there is a continued threat to public safety and is "not an open-ended exception" to the Miranda rule, which guarantees the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney.

This has nothing to do with a ‘settlement,’ but concern for due process.

And don’t you and others on the right have a shared motive with the ACLU, as conservatives have been whining about the ‘Miranda exception’ since the arrest, so the ACLU are the good guys now, correct?

and you bought that?? it has to do with big profits for them. they do target gov lawsuits

lol

No, that’s what was reported in your article.

Do you have any evidence the ACLU is solely planning on pursuing a civil suit, and aren’t participating in the criminal proceedings? Or should your thread be moved to the Conspiracy Theories forum?

One suspects the latter.

Doesn't the ACLU actively protect the Constitution and one's rights per the Constitution just like the NRA protects one's 2nd Amendment rights??

Yes they do but sometimes they do it selectively.
I don't see them going to the defense of citizens losing their second amendment right.

And the EXACT names of the citizens losing their 2nd amendment right?

Can you answer this - why do the gun nuts want to arm known terrorists like the people who set those bombs"

How about the fellow on New York that had his guns seized and his carry permit revoked because his son used the word "gun" at school?

no. its a profit making organization

Actually, like the NRA, the ACLU is non-profit with a budget about half the size of the NRA.

So people don't contribute to the ACLU, you would think there would be more money being contributed to them by the rich left, yet, they seem to ignore them. I wonder why?

I knew they would show up. their looking for a tasty settlement here at taxpayers expense

BOSTON — As the lone surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing lay hospitalized under heavy guard, the American Civil Liberties Union and a federal public defender raised concerns about investigators' plan to question 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev without reading him his Miranda rights.

huff post

IMO this kid still has a chance of getting off scott free

What is your definition of "scott free"?

think about that

A non-responsive answer, thanks for clarifying that.

Good for the ACLU. Someone needs to stop the US government from operating like a banana republic.

Yep, someone needs to keep the government in line. I want this guy to fry, but it has to be done under the rule of law. Not railroaded because of government that wants to get this over with.

no. its a profit making organization

Actually, like the NRA, the ACLU is non-profit with a budget about half the size of the NRA.

So people don't contribute to the ACLU, you would think there would be more money being contributed to them by the rich left, yet, they seem to ignore them. I wonder why?

And why not the rich 'right', whatever these 'left' and 'right' terms that are so freely tossed around mean (if they even have meaning)?

Good for the ACLU. Someone needs to stop the US government from operating like a banana republic.

Yep, someone needs to keep the government in line. I want this guy to fry, but it has to be done under the rule of law. Not railroaded because of government that wants to get this over with.

If he's found guilty I want the full extent of the law.

And why not the rich 'right', whatever these 'left' and 'right' terms that are so freely tossed around mean (if they even have meaning)?

Because the left is the one complaining about having a smaller budget, it's done by donation, put your money where your mouth is.

Substitute the word "selectively" for "actively" and you've got it

=======================================

The ACLU has been criticized by liberals, such as when it excluded communists from its leadership ranks, when it defended Neo-Nazis, when it declined to defend Paul Robeson, or when it opposed the passage of the National Labor Relations Act.[47][48] Conversely, it has been criticized by conservatives, such as when it argued against prayer in schools, or when it opposed the Patriot Act.[49] The ACLU has supported conservative figures such as Rush Limbaugh, George Wallace, Henry Ford, and Oliver North; and it has supported liberal figures such as Dick Gregory, H. L. Mencken, Rockwell Kent, and Dr. Benjamin Spock.[11][50][51][52][53][54][55][56]
A major source of criticism are legal cases in which the ACLU represents an individual or organization that promotes offensive or unpopular viewpoints, such as the Ku Klux Klan, Neo-Nazis, Nation of Islam, North American Man/Boy Love Association, or Westboro Baptist Church. The ACLU responded to these criticisms by stating "It is easy to defend freedom of speech when the message is something many people find at least reasonable. But the defense of freedom of speech is most critical when the message is one most people find repulsive."
American Civil Liberties Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

======================================

I guess "you can't please everybody, so you've got to please yourself" -Rick Nelson
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFugRFKqjFg]Ricky Nelson - Garden Party 1985 - YouTube[/ame]

Yes they do but sometimes they do it selectively.
I don't see them going to the defense of citizens losing their second amendment right.

And the EXACT names of the citizens losing their 2nd amendment right?

Can you answer this - why do the gun nuts want to arm known terrorists like the people who set those bombs"

How about the fellow on New York that had his guns seized and his carry permit revoked because his son used the word "gun" at school?

Or New Orleans Have we forgotten about them?

Yes, but conservatives hate the ACLU because the Union is usually protecting the Constitution from attacks by the right.

I don't recall the ACLU defending certain rights of citizens they seem to do it selectively

you also dont recall alot of facts your given here daily.

Provide some proof of your stupid claims

Citizens of New Orleans who had their firearms confiscated
Any city that has gun control laws that prohibit firearm ownership.
Californias new confiscation law
New Yorks confiscation law.

So why don't the aclu libs oppose to foot washing basins at the university of michigan dearborn? it's a state school.

Oh My Fucking God -- You believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for anyone who missed this, the nutters are all screaming and crying over a foot washing basin because they're too fucking stupid to recognize a mop basin IN THE JANITOR CLOSET!! when they see one!

Just when you think they can't get any dumber.

Ya gotta love it.

Once again, novasteve has made my day.

Substitute the word "selectively" for "actively" and you've got it

=======================================

The ACLU has been criticized by liberals, such as when it excluded communists from its leadership ranks, when it defended Neo-Nazis, when it declined to defend Paul Robeson, or when it opposed the passage of the National Labor Relations Act.[47][48] Conversely, it has been criticized by conservatives, such as when it argued against prayer in schools, or when it opposed the Patriot Act.[49] The ACLU has supported conservative figures such as Rush Limbaugh, George Wallace, Henry Ford, and Oliver North; and it has supported liberal figures such as Dick Gregory, H. L. Mencken, Rockwell Kent, and Dr. Benjamin Spock.[11][50][51][52][53][54][55][56]
A major source of criticism are legal cases in which the ACLU represents an individual or organization that promotes offensive or unpopular viewpoints, such as the Ku Klux Klan, Neo-Nazis, Nation of Islam, North American Man/Boy Love Association, or Westboro Baptist Church. The ACLU responded to these criticisms by stating "It is easy to defend freedom of speech when the message is something many people find at least reasonable. But the defense of freedom of speech is most critical when the message is one most people find repulsive."
American Civil Liberties Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

======================================

I guess "you can't please everybody, so you've got to please yourself" -Rick Nelson
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFugRFKqjFg]Ricky Nelson - Garden Party 1985 - YouTube[/ame]

Since their sole criteria is the Constitution, both sides have gotten ticked.

Tough. Its the price we pay for the First Amendment and since that has been under attack by both right and left, I'm glad we have the ACLU.

The gun nuts are so damn dumb, all they can see is one part of the second amendment and they ignore the rest of it as well as the rest of our Constitution. But hey, as long as they can arm known terrorists and illegal drug runners, they're happy.

and you bought that?? it has to do with big profits for them. they do target gov lawsuits

Lemme guess - You've never read the LONG list of their cases, past and current.

It shows.

Forum List

Back