"Active Shooter" video game lets you be school shooter

If you are able to play the game from the murderer's perspective, then to me, that only glamorizes such a horror. In my opinion, anyone who actually buys this game will only be incriminating themselves which is what the game makers are already doing with themselves by creating such a product.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's further desensitizes kids to this kind of violence.
We have lots of things that desensitizes some people to (this kind) of violence. I'm not saying it's right. But it is a price we pay for living in a free society. Every see any of the Saw movies?

No it's not a price we pay for living in a free society. It is a symptom of a society losing control of its decency.

Its a damn video game, people.
If this is sooooo bad, why isnt EVERY game that kills people bad? What about movies? Comic books? STEPHEN KING! :eek:
Turn off your tv if you cant handle a little black box with led lights.
Every game that kills people IS bad. And the movies that legitimize and romanticize violence and shootings. I've never read Stephen King. Do his characters shoot a lot of people? Christine and the folks in The Shining didn't.
Even disney movies have death and destruction. It is literally EVERYWHERE in society.
Even 40 years ago the tv was riddled with violence. It just wasnt as graphic.
Guess you need to start an anti violence campaign and start laying in walmart and Best Buy floors that sell Disney and Clint Eastwood movies.

If you are able to play the game from the murderer's perspective, then to me, that only glamorizes such a horror. In my opinion, anyone who actually buys this game will only be incriminating themselves which is what the game makers are already doing with themselves by creating such a product.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's further desensitizes kids to this kind of violence.
We have lots of things that desensitizes some people to (this kind) of violence. I'm not saying it's right. But it is a price we pay for living in a free society. Every see any of the Saw movies?

No it's not a price we pay for living in a free society. It is a symptom of a society losing control of its decency.

Like mentally ill grown men pissing beside little girls at the Little General?

Wow. smh Someone in this company thought this was a good idea and everyone else followed? No thanks, I'll stick to Madden Football and Mindcraft.

If this is sooooo bad, why isnt EVERY game that kills people bad? What about movies? Comic books? STEPHEN KING! :eek:
Every game that kills people IS bad. And the movies that legitimize and romanticize violence and shootings. I've never read Stephen King. Do his characters shoot a lot of people? Christine and the folks in The Shining didn't.
Even disney movies have death and destruction. It is literally EVERYWHERE in society.
Guess you need to start an anti violence campaign and start laying in walmart and Best Buy floors that sell Disney and Clint Eastwood movies.
Bambi's mom dying wasn't on screen. I grew up on Looney Tunes. The majority of the characters were animals, and the "bad guys" never won. Sylvester never got Tweety. Coyote never got Road Runner. Elmer Fudd never got Bugs Bunny. Clint Eastwood and John Wayne weren't mass shooters. War movies and cowboy westerns are far removed from our daily lives. I don't LIKE those movies (except Three Mules for Sister Sarah) and Clint Eastwood's personal favorite was Bronco Billy.
No, TN. Movies and tv violence has become obscene and video games have been for a generation. No one says it's okay to shoot others, but by filling movies, tv and games with graphic gun violence, we are giving it tacit approval. It is there, so in some ways we accept it.

Bambi's mom dying wasn't on screen. I grew up on Looney Tunes. The majority of the characters were animals, and the "bad guys" never won. Sylvester never got Tweety. Coyote never got Road Runner. Elmer Fudd never got Bugs Bunny. Clint Eastwood and John Wayne weren't mass shooters. War movies and cowboy westerns are far removed from our daily lives. I don't LIKE those movies (except Three Mules for Sister Sarah) and Clint Eastwood's personal favorite was Bronco Billy.
No, TN. Movies and tv violence has become obscene and video games have been for a generation. No one says it's okay to shoot others, but by filling movies, tv and games with graphic gun violence, we are giving it tacit approval. It is there, so in some ways we accept it.
"tacit approval" i do not agree.

Then how come violence per capita has gone down since the 80s when horror-core movies and violent video games really took hold? It really makes no sense...

If you dont think a TV show or game could convince YOU to go and do something retarded, then it's pRRRRRRobably the same experience for 99.99999% of other folks....settle down.

That all said, lol...this is probably the scummiest time to come out with this game. Damn!!

Anyone involved in developing or distributing this game deserves a firing squad.

And the people who buy it need to be put in a registry so we can keep an eye on them.

Sick Sick SICK

Ok I have Steam.

I just looked it up. It's a game where you can be the good guy or the bad guy. And it hasn't even been released yet. It releases June 6th.

There are many games where you can be the bad guy.

Grow a pair.

If a VIDEO GAME causes a person to do obscene things, they have wayyyy more problems than their tv..
Fear mongering is part of American values, apparently.

Anyone involved in developing or distributing this game deserves a firing squad.

Sick Sick SICK
So you think someone should be murdered for making a video game? And you call someone else sick?

Forum List

Back