🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress

kwc57

BOHICA Obama
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
"President Obama’s repeated use of presidential powers is causing a tough problem — his own supporters now expect him to use it to achieve everything they want.

From immigration to the minimum wage, Congressional Democrats and liberal activists this week urged Mr. Obama to declare an end run around Capitol Hill, assert executive authority and make as much progress as he can on the expansive agenda he laid out for his second term........."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

Every Congressional Democrat willing to lay down on the job and cede power to the President should have a recall election and be fired.

He should! Right away. It might bring to a full boil the societal simmer that we have had.

"President Obama’s repeated use of presidential powers is causing a tough problem — his own supporters now expect him to use it to achieve everything they want.

From immigration to the minimum wage, Congressional Democrats and liberal activists this week urged Mr. Obama to declare an end run around Capitol Hill, assert executive authority and make as much progress as he can on the expansive agenda he laid out for his second term........."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress - Washington Times

Every Congressional Democrat willing to lay down on the job and cede power to the President should have a recall election and be fired.

THIS. Let's find their names ;)

Jesus H Christ. WTF? He's been rogue for 5 years!

I just want to make sure I understand where the bar is set now.

If a President issues a lawful Executive Order to get things done, or rewrites regulation he is authorized to do so by law, we are now calling this "an end run around Congress". And that carries with it all kinds of implications about violating the Constitution, even if it actually doesn't.

Is that right?

This should be excrutiating fun for the hypocrites when we apply this new rule of thumb retroactively!

Last edited:
I just want to make sure I understand where the bar is set.

If a President issues a lawful Executive Order to get things done, we are now calling this "an end run around Congress".

Is that right?

This should be a lot of fun for the hypocrites when we apply this new rule of thumb retractively!

More proof that the far left wants to destroy America!

If a President issues a lawful Executive Order to get things done, or rewrites regulation he is authorized to do so by law, we are now calling this "an end run around Congress". And that carries with it all kinds of implications about violating the Constitution, even if it actually doesn't.

Is that right?

This should be excrutiating fun for the hypocrites when we apply this new rule of thumb retroactively!

The use of Executive Orders by recent presidents to concentrate more power in the Executive branch is disturbing. That was not their intended use. We have the Legislative branch for a reason. The president is not a dictator and he doesn't get to rule by fiat via Executive Order just because he doesn't like the fact that Congress won't go along with his agenda. Tough shit for him. That's how it was designed to be and for good reason.

Bypassing Congress to implement a president's agenda is NOT Constitutional. Executive Orders are not for legislating and any president who starts to abuse them to do so should be swiftly impeached from his office because that is what the Constitution is specifically designed to protect us from.

I assure you these same people urging Obama to do this would be shitting bricks if conservatives were urging a Republican president to the same.

Last edited:
I just finished reading this article.

This article in conjunction with what Liberal Law Professor Turley comments on how Obama has become a Constitutional danger to the Country ought to be putting a real fear into the minds of any rational person who isn't blindly partisan.

To the Democrats and Liberals here, I ask you to think beyond this administration to the next time a Republican is in the Oval office..

Do you want a Republican President who can, at a whim, change laws without going through Congress has Obama has done numerous times, especially with Obama-care?

Do you want a Republican President who can, at a whim, tell Federal Law Enforcement Agencies to ignore certain laws being broken as Obama has done, illegal Immigrates being just one such example?

Do you want a Republican President who can, at a whim, tell Federal Agencies to change their regulations, which have the effect of being laws, to hurt certain industries has Obama has done with the EPA?

Do you want a Republican President who can, at a whim, tell his lawyers not to defend laws that are on the books when they are brought up before the Supreme Court as Obama did with DOMA?

Do you want a Republican President who can, at a whim, tell Congress that they are not in session and make "Recess" appointments?

While you may really love what Obama has done, the way he has done it has really set bad precedent for the future of the Country and the ability of the Congress to be Check and Balance on the Presidency.

Is that right?

Actually, there is a LOT of wiggle room and a president can justify virtually any executive order under the justification of enforcing a current law or helping manage the enforcement of a current law.

However, he CANNOT create new laws.... from the article:

Jim Manley, a Democratic strategist, said Mr. Obama telegraphed this year that he would use presidential powers when he ran into problems getting his agenda through Congress.

he cannot create laws by executive order just because he can't get them through congress. It doesn't work that way.

Is that right?

Perhaps you didn't read the article. A dozen Democrat lawmakers actually urged the President to do an end run around Congress........as in bypass their own selves. Not issue executive orders, do an end run around Congress. WTF were they elected to do? Sit with their thumb up their ass and tell the President to do whatever the hell he wants? The fact that you or any American is OK with this is alarming. Next stop is Venezuela where their president is dictating that the electronic stores must sell their wares at a 70% discount and is this week setting the price for automobiles. These dozen lawmakers who just abdicated their responsibility should currently have their phones and computers melting down from angry constituents.

If a President issues a lawful Executive Order to get things done, we are now calling this "an end run around Congress".

Is that right?

This should be a lot of fun for the hypocrites when we apply this new rule of thumb retractively!

IOU + rep. Will get back around to you when it opens up.

“Somebody keeps on yelling, ‘Executive order.’ Well, I’m going to actually pause on this issue because a lot of people have been saying this lately on every problem, which is, just sign an executive order, and we can pretty much do anything and basically nullify Congress,” the president said — immediately drawing approving applause from his audience.

“Wait, wait, wait, before everybody starts clapping — that’s not how it works,” Mr. Obama said. “We got this Constitution. We got this whole thing about separation of powers and branches.”

Is that right?

Actually, there is a LOT of wiggle room and a president can justify virtually any executive order under the justification of enforcing a current law or helping manage the enforcement of a current law.

However, he CANNOT create new laws.... from the article:

Jim Manley, a Democratic strategist, said Mr. Obama telegraphed this year that he would use presidential powers when he ran into problems getting his agenda through Congress.

he cannot create laws by executive order just because he can't get them through congress. It doesn't work that way.

Have fun proving he did that.

Is that right?

Perhaps you didn't read the article. A dozen Democrat lawmakers actually urged the President to do an end run around Congress........as in bypass their own selves. Not issue executive orders, do an end run around Congress. WTF were they elected to do? Sit with their thumb up their ass and tell the President to do whatever the hell he wants? The fact that you or any American is OK with this is alarming. Next stop is Venezuela where their president is dictating that the electronic stores must sell their wares at a 70% discount and is this week setting the price for automobiles. These dozen lawmakers who just abdicated their responsibility should currently have their phones and computers melting down from angry constituents.

Please tell us what exactly an "end run around Congress" is so we can all have a laugh.

Go ahead. Not kidding. Let's get you on record as to what you think it really means.

“

“Wait, wait, wait, before everybody starts clapping — that’s not how it works,” Mr. Obama said. “We got this Constitution. We got this whole thing about separation of powers and branches.”

And then after He read that line off the TelePrompter he was careful to observe the stage direction that followed:

NOW DON'T LET 'EM SEE YOU LAUGHING!

Is that right?

IOU + rep. Will get back around to you when it opens up.

You are repping a bot which just repeats the same one liners wherever it goes. "Left wing propaganda...derp! Proof they want to destroy America...derp!"

Last edited:
We keep hearing hacks going on about Obama making end runs around Congress, but you can never quite get them to nail down exactly what the fuck they mean by that.

No actual examples which show he is doing something illegal or anything different than his predecessors.

It's a bogus, meaningless catch-phrase uttered by nattering flocks of parrots.

"Oh you just wait! He's gonna do it. Watch him! WATCH HIM! It's coming! The end run is coming!"

Last edited:
There are a lot of hacks who appear to think the Constitution was ratified on January 19, 2009 and that Obama has been violating the ever living shit out of it since.

It is the only explanation for their total ignorance of the fact he is exercising the exact same tools of Executive power his predecessors did.

[cue Kosh-bot: Left wing propaganda...derp!]

Last edited:
There are a lot of hacks who appear to think the Constitution was ratified on January 19, 2009 and that Obama has been violating the ever living shit out of it since.

It is the only explanation for their total ignorance of the fact he is exercising the exact same tools of Executive power his predecessors did.

Google "ratified".

Forum List

Back