Actor John Goodman Advocates Forcing Workers To Join Unions, Pay Dues

I have mixed feelings about unions, but with the GOP in charge workers need something. At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.

Show me where you have a right to a job in the constitution

Anything that helps a worker is generally bad.

1) social security is bad
2) Medicare and Medicaid bad
3) paid sick leave is bad
4) pensions are bad
5) fmla is bad
6) union's are bad

Those things above which benefit average working people are bad. So we should get rid of all of them because then america will be great again. Yep. Talk about laughable.

Actor John Goodman has joined unions opposing Missouri’s right-to-work laws and in a new ad calls workers greedy for opposing forced union membership.

So wanting to have the freedom to make your won choices instead of being FORCED to join groups that take part of your pay to do whatever they want with it - like using workers' money to financially support political candidates the workers oppose - is being 'greedy'?!

:wtf:

The United States / US Constitution is all about FREEDOM, not enslavement, John.

John Goodman Cuts Ad Opposing Missouri Bill Outlawing Forced Union Membership

This is the way the Nazis roll...…...

Actor John Goodman has joined unions opposing Missouri’s right-to-work laws and in a new ad calls workers greedy for opposing forced union membership.

So wanting to have the freedom to make your won choices instead of being FORCED to join groups that take part of your pay to do whatever they want with it - like using workers' money to financially support political candidates the workers oppose - is being 'greedy'?!

The United States / US Constitution is all about FREEDOM, not enslavement, John.

Diagree....but also, if not in a union, not get the benefits of collective bargaining....at all.

I "Diagree" wit yoou…….

looks like you got a union public education.....

Anything that helps a worker is generally bad.

1) social security is bad
2) Medicare and Medicaid bad
3) paid sick leave is bad
4) pensions are bad
5) fmla is bad
6) union's are bad

Those things above which benefit average working people are bad. So we should get rid of all of them because then america will be great again. Yep. Talk about laughable.

These ain't your daddy's union dumb ass......

If union's backed the gop nobody here would say anything other than positives about them. it's all political. We can't have workers with some benefits heaven forbid. Always taking the side of employer is anti American and anti life. Not a one of you works harder than anyone else that I guarantee.

I guarantee you are full of shit....

You wouldn't like it if you were forced

to join a union that funneled your dues to Republicans.

leftie unions support Nazis...….

This is one of the few forums you will find that has a hatred for working class barely getting by folk.

Worker pay and benefits have disappeared since Republicans began eroding worker rights

I don't care what party is associated. It's about how I can get ahead...only. Workers aren't there busting it for the company....not should they be. Loyalty has been phased out by the direction of the nation.

Being in a union is like the days when coal miners worked and got paid in script that they could only spend at the company store.

Coal mining companies hated their workers....it may have changed....maybe. anyone underground should get 75 an hour plus full benefits no deductibles for anything.

I have mixed feelings about unions, but with the GOP in charge workers need something. At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.
Unions had a purpose at one point. Unfortunately their greed surpassed the corporations. The unions legacy is they brought down the automobile industry and the steel industry.

If union's backed the gop nobody here would say anything other than positives about them. it's all political. We can't have workers with some benefits heaven forbid. Always taking the side of employer is anti American and anti life. Not a one of you works harder than anyone else that I guarantee.
You are wrong. Your supposition is false. But thanks for playing.

Since when does anybody give a shit what John Goodman says or thinks? He’s another b-rated actor too full of himself.
Kinda like Michael Moore.

Union's surpassed companies? C'mon now. That's funny. Perhaps those industries were bad to begin with. I like to see workers get ahead. Corporations are immorally greedy in many cases. Most ceos are overlaid and kinder productive.

Corporate America has much more influence.....to the detriment of the worker. Indisputable fact.

Coal mining companies hated their workers....it may have changed....maybe. anyone underground should get 75 an hour plus full benefits no deductibles for anything.

Yeah and unions hate their workers too.

Forum List

Back