Actor John Goodman Advocates Forcing Workers To Join Unions, Pay Dues

I have mixed feelings about unions, but with the GOP in charge workers need something. At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.

No, what cuts wages is we are a global economy now, we have American consumers buying cheap shit from third world countries and exploiting their cheap labor force and lack of safety and environmental concerns.

WE ARE THE PROBLEM

Last edited:
If union's backed the gop nobody here would say anything other than positives about them. it's all political. We can't have workers with some benefits heaven forbid. Always taking the side of employer is anti American and anti life. Not a one of you works harder than anyone else that I guarantee.

Fucking liar...what the hell you think we are sheep like libtards.

Why do people who don`t want to pay union dues apply for work where there is a unionized workforce? Could it be because of the good wages and benefits negotiated by the union? They would be happier at 7-11 where no crooked union is stealing their money for dues.

Why do people who don`t want to pay union dues apply for work where there is a unionized workforce? Could it be because of the good wages and benefits negotiated by the union? They would be happier at 7-11 where no crooked union is stealing their money for dues.

Dealing with unions at trade shows like the Mcormick place in Chicago and working at a union shop in my 30's, I would rather make minimum wage at 7/11 then make $50 an hour working in a Union. Most of them suck donkey balls and don't give a shit about the job.

BTW if that's the only game in town you don't have much of a choice, now do you?

I have mixed feelings about unions, but with the GOP in charge workers need something. At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.

No, what cuts wages is we are a global economy now, we have American consumers buying cheap shit from third world countries and exploiting their cheap labor force and lack of safety and environmental concerns.

WE ARE THE PROBLEM

Actually the corps buy the products and they sell it to us. This is about unions though. If the GOP remains fully in control we will have a need for Pinkertons again.

Union's surpassed companies? C'mon now. That's funny. Perhaps those industries were bad to begin with. I like to see workers get ahead. Corporations are immorally greedy in many cases. Most ceos are overlaid and kinder productive.
The unions killed the auto industry and steel. Union dues were used illegally for years. Yes they surpassed the companies.

Dealing with unions at trade shows like the Mcormick place in Chicago and working at a union shop in my 30's, I would rather make minimum wage at 7/11 then make $50 an hour working in a Union. Most of them suck donkey balls and don't give a shit about the job.

BTW if that's the only game in town you don't have much of a choice, now do you?

Even at 7.25 you would have to work full time for 15 grand a year. You would have a hard time affording anything made in China or Mexico , after your rent, mortgage, health ins, etc.

There is such a low percentage of union jobs these days you`re not making sense. You would rather work at 7-11 and let the taxpayers provide you with Food Stamps than earn a living and become a taxpayer instead of a leech? A real trailer park mentality.

WE ARE THE PROBLEM

Actually the corps buy the products and they sell it to us. This is about unions though. If the GOP remains fully in control we will have a need for Pinkertons again.

Do you have no shame or an honest bone in your body? There is plenty of American made products that cost more, better quality yet the American consumer chooses to buy cheap forgein goods.

You advocate for workers going backwards.....got it.
Right to work makes a whole lot more sense... grasshopper
Only a liberal would come up with the idea that everyone should be born into the world as a 'slave' and legislation has to be passed to make you 'free'..

In the previous way you were born into a world where if you wanted to work you HAD to be a Union member and pay dues. Returning people's CHOICE / RIGHT TO CHOOSE is what has been done.

Bravo.

I've worked in both Union and non-Union environments.

Yes, union jobs pay more, but the quality and quantity of finished product suffers, and they breed lazy and discontent workers. ... :cool:
I agree and unions tend to separate employees from company management.

There is such a low percentage of union jobs these days you`re not making sense. You would rather work at 7-11 and let the taxpayers provide you with Food Stamps than earn a living and become a taxpayer instead of a leech? A real trailer park mentality.

Why would I need food stamps if I worked at 7/11? For one I know how to budget my money and I can easily live on just $50 bucks of groceries a week.

For two if I decided to switch carrers and worked at 7/11 I would become a district manager with in two years making over 50 grand a year.

Why are government workers allowed to unionize?
Who's the evil capitalist they need protection from?

Exactly, that's what I always wondered.. so you are telling me government workers need unions to protect themselves from themselves???

Or is the real reason is to fleece the US tax payers and milk us for every dime we have...

At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.
Since Trump took office, with the ruling that workers do NOT have to join unions, we have 'the strongest economy in decades', on that has seen an increase in the number of jobs available, an increase in the number of full-time jobs available, HIGHER wages, and bonuses.

Illegal immigration, that brings I a flood of unskilled cheap undocumented labor, is what drives down wages.
Unions if we're run in the way they were intended (when unions were first started) way back in the day, then they would still be a strong advocating force for workers in the country, and of course widely accepted.

Unions became politicized and highly corrupt over time, and they actually became anti-American workforce during the huge push towards an immigrant labor force brought about by the American CEO's learning what they learned about foriegn labor forces being worker under the yoke of dictatorship's for whom build American products abroad. Talk about no rights or freedoms those people have, yet there we are in there supporting such practices.

It worked so well over the oceans for the American businessmen/women/investors back here, that it was quickly seen as a very inticing thing to import the same concepts and business practices back here just as well.

Maybe everything needs rebuilt including the union brand and/or concept.

Exactly, that's what I always wondered.. so you are telling me government workers need unions to protect themselves from themselves???

Or is the real reason is to fleece the US tax payers and milk us for every dime we have...

FDR was right. Government unions should not be allowed.

At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.
Since Trump took office, with the ruling that workers do NOT have to join unions, we have 'the strongest economy in decades', on that has seen an increase in the number of jobs available, an increase in the number of full-time jobs available, HIGHER wages, and bonuses.

Illegal immigration, that brings I a flood of unskilled cheap undocumented labor, is what drives down wages.
Unions if we're run in the way they were intended (when unions were first started) way back in the day, then they would still be a strong advocating force for workers in the country, and of course widely accepted.

Unions became politicized and highly corrupt over time, and they actually became anti-American workforce during the huge push towards an immigrant labor force brought about by the American CEO's learning what they learned about foriegn labor forces being worker under the yoke of dictatorship's for whom build American products abroad. Talk about no rights or freedoms those people have, yet there we are in there supporting such practices.

It worked so well over the oceans for the American businessmen/women/investors back here, that it was quickly seen as a very inticing thing to import the same concepts and business practices back here just as well.

Maybe everything needs rebuilt including the union brand and/or concept.

Yup, I would join a union in a heartbeat if we adopted the European stye ones... They have the same philosophy as ours did when they were created , now it's just corruption.

Forum List

Back