Actor John Goodman Advocates Forcing Workers To Join Unions, Pay Dues

Why do people who don`t want to pay union dues apply for work where there is a unionized workforce? Could it be because of the good wages and benefits negotiated by the union? They would be happier at 7-11 where no crooked union is stealing their money for dues.
I have no problem with unions as long as they are 100% voluntary… If they are not 100% voluntary they can burn in fucking hell
Do you think that non union dues paying workers (leeches) should enjoy the same wages and benefits that union negotiators bargained for?
I think no one should be forced into shit they do not want can not afford and will not benefit from.
Forced unionization is a fucking cult...

Why do people who don`t want to pay union dues apply for work where there is a unionized workforce? Could it be because of the good wages and benefits negotiated by the union? They would be happier at 7-11 where no crooked union is stealing their money for dues.

Why are government workers allowed to unionize?
Who's the evil capitalist they need protection from?

Exactly, that's what I always wondered.. so you are telling me government workers need unions to protect themselves from themselves???

Or is the real reason is to fleece the US tax payers and milk us for every dime we have...

FDR was right. Government unions should not be allowed.
FDR also said that any business that can`t pay a livable wage has no right to exist. FDR was right.

Did he define livable wage? Link?

Why are government workers allowed to unionize?
Who's the evil capitalist they need protection from?

Exactly, that's what I always wondered.. so you are telling me government workers need unions to protect themselves from themselves???

Or is the real reason is to fleece the US tax payers and milk us for every dime we have...

FDR was right. Government unions should not be allowed.
FDR also said that any business that can`t pay a livable wage has no right to exist. FDR was right.
Not every job warrants a livable wage, it isn't feasible.
No doubt, Some jobs are just starter/beginners jobs... And should never be careers

I have no problem with unions as long as they are 100% voluntary… If they are not 100% voluntary they can burn in fucking hell
Do you think that non union dues paying workers (leeches) should enjoy the same wages and benefits that union negotiators bargained for?
I think no one should be forced into shit they do not want can not afford and will not benefit from.
That`s not an answer to my question. It`s good old fashioned union envy which I`ve been dealing with for over 40 years.

That`s not an answer to my question. It`s good old fashioned union envy which I`ve been dealing with for over 40 years.
Na, not really.
I have been self-employed for over 20 years… Forced unionization has no appeal to me

So are you saying all union bosses are atheist and non Christian ???

The way you just posted it must be....

No envy..just pointing out unions lazyness, how they run away jobs and their good ol' boy network that I thought liberals try to fight...

everyone had about the same pay and benefits....regardless of your work performance....which was something many employees did not like....
Unions are all about seniority.

You can be the very best worker at your job.

But just because a coworker, who is terrible at the same job, was hired one day before you. He get's first pick at any advancement or special placement. And you're stuck behind him until he either quits, retires, or dies. ... :cool:

everyone had about the same pay and benefits....regardless of your work performance....which was something many employees did not like....
Unions are all about seniority.

You can be the very best worker at your job.

But just because a coworker, who is terrible at the same job, was hired one day before you. He get's first pick at any advancement or special placement. And you're stuck behind him until he either quits, retires, or dies. ... :cool:
i wont say that doesnt happen because it does,but at the same time,and i can only speak about the PO, some of those useless letter carriers who realize they cant carry a route,so they go into management,and many of them suck at that too,and there is no union in management,and when they fail there instead of dismissing them,they just move them somewhere else so they can screw up there too........some places have shitty management union or not...

Management and workers are not supposed to be in the same team. One manages the other side the work to produce. The two do not share the same overall vision. Economics 101

A livable wage while hard to pin down would be about 60 grand....to start. We're equals amount of productivity.

I have mixed feelings about unions, but with the GOP in charge workers need something. At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.
If you look the wrong way at a boss and he fires you, is that someone you really want to work for?

Apparently I looked the wrong way at a boss once and he fired me, I took it to investigation, won, and socked the company for unemployment. In the end, the company suffered for it while I looked for a better job.

Management and workers are not supposed to be in the same team. One manages the other side the work to produce. The two do not share the same overall vision. Economics 101

Yup that's the Unions fucking problem and why most Americans despise American stlye unions with a passion, European style unions and management are on the same page, share the same vision.

-------------------------------------------------- only problem i have with 'unions' is with 'public servant' unions . They are corrupt .

Our taxpayer-funded public school teachers are forced to pay NEA dues (which are funneled to the DNC) but they don’t have to join the union.
They just want to force taxpayers to subsidize the democrats.

That statement makes no sense whatsoever. I was a teacher for 21 years and the NEA never represented any of our teacher's unions nor was anyone forced to join. I think you are confused.
Then you didn’t teach in PG County, MD.

They should have taught you about making blanket statements which are false.
Our is not blanket.

So you want workers to gobble up the vision of the company? Kinda funny. The owner is basically the only one who does that. Loyalty to an employer is kind of gone. It's about the paycheck. An Increase in pay from another employer I am putting in my resignation right now as does anyone else with a brain. America stands first and foremost about capitalism. And that's about making the most you can. That's America first and foremost.

Forum List

Back