Actor John Goodman Advocates Forcing Workers To Join Unions, Pay Dues

Maybe everything needs rebuilt including the union brand and/or concept.
If rebuilt it needs to begin with the foundation of 'Freedom' and the 'Right to CHOOSE'.

'Rebuilt', not 'Relabeled' or 'Repackaged and sold'.

You can sprinkle sugar on a turd all day, but that still doesn't make it candy.

Unions are the bane of the American worker. .... :cool:
But necessary because of greedy owners. You are criticizing the wrong people.

Another American consumer who doesn't want to look in the mirror and acknowledge they are part of the problem.

I am curious on the mind set of a liberal, what's their solution? Force companies to stay in the USA?, force them to pay higher wages? force Americans to buy American made goods????

Or is it all of the above execpt American consumer's can still buy cheap forgein goods???

Why do people who don`t want to pay union dues apply for work where there is a unionized workforce? Could it be because of the good wages and benefits negotiated by the union? They would be happier at 7-11 where no crooked union is stealing their money for dues.

Why are government workers allowed to unionize?
Who's the evil capitalist they need protection from?

Exactly, that's what I always wondered.. so you are telling me government workers need unions to protect themselves from themselves???

Or is the real reason is to fleece the US tax payers and milk us for every dime we have...

FDR was right. Government unions should not be allowed.
FDR also said that any business that can`t pay a livable wage has no right to exist. FDR was right.

I have mixed feelings about unions, but with the GOP in charge workers need something. At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.

At will employment,

Wow, you don't even see the problem.... Not "At Will" is slavery....and forcing people into a union is not freedom....freely joining a union is one thing, mandating that you can't work unless you belong to a union is a form of slavery.

Why do people who don`t want to pay union dues apply for work where there is a unionized workforce? Could it be because of the good wages and benefits negotiated by the union? They would be happier at 7-11 where no crooked union is stealing their money for dues.

Exactly, that's what I always wondered.. so you are telling me government workers need unions to protect themselves from themselves???

Or is the real reason is to fleece the US tax payers and milk us for every dime we have...

FDR also said that any business that can`t pay a livable wage has no right to exist. FDR was right.

FDR was a moron who prolonged the suffering of the depression and admired hitler and mussolini.

I have mixed feelings about unions, but with the GOP in charge workers need something. At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.

People can join unions all day long.....Janice didn't change that. All Janice said is that you can't be forced to join and pay dues as a requirement to make a living.....that is called coercion., and I thought you left wing asshats were supposed to hate coercion....

Actor John Goodman has joined unions opposing Missouri’s right-to-work laws and in a new ad calls workers greedy for opposing forced union membership.

So wanting to have the freedom to make your won choices instead of being FORCED to join groups that take part of your pay to do whatever they want with it - like using workers' money to financially support political candidates the workers oppose - is being 'greedy'?!

:wtf:

The United States / US Constitution is all about FREEDOM, not enslavement, John.

John Goodman Cuts Ad Opposing Missouri Bill Outlawing Forced Union Membership
------------------------------------- i think that this 'goodman' is an 'englishman' and i'd be surprised if he as an 'english' didn't support 'unions' .

Not every job warrants a livable wage, it isn't feasible.

Define livable wage....

A/C, cell phones, 2 flat screen televisions, cable , eating steak and lobster every night .. news flash is not the definition

I agree and unions tend to separate employees from company management.
Hatred of management is mandatory for Union workers. ... :cool:
I was a steelworker for 35 years and we got along just fine with management. The steel mill is still in business btw. See how little you actually know?

And what about the other steel mills that we're Union?

The companies they worked for hadn`t upgraded their plants in several decades and that`s why they were unable to compete. Old equipment takes twice as many employees to operate than the plants that took advantage of modern technology. We lost 2/3 of the jobs where I worked and it was done over a 3 decade period. Nobody was thrown out of work because the slimming down came gradually. I accepted a 40K package with pension and medical benefits and retired from there in 2006 at the age of 53. I`ve been working seasonally for 12 years at a non profit institution. Pension, SS and a small paycheck for 7 months of the year makes life good for this former union member. The $40 or so a month I paid in union dues was money well spent.

I have no problem with unions as long as they are 100% voluntary… If they are not 100% voluntary they can burn in fucking hell

I have no problem with unions as long as they are 100% voluntary… If they are not 100% voluntary they can burn in fucking hell
Do you think that non union dues paying workers (leeches) should enjoy the same wages and benefits that union negotiators bargained for?

Progressives don’t get a say on what a livable wage is because they have no fucking credibility. Progressives are fucked in the head

Forum List

Back