Actress tweets for gun safety... and half her followers dump her

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
For those of you who believe certain parts of our society aren't tolerant enough, and give too many knee-jerk reactions... you're right.

A man of questionable mental capability left a loaded gun where his 4-year-old son could get it. The son found it, started playing with it, it went off, and killed the father.

This actress heard about it on the news, and Tweeted how horrible it was, and that people should practice gun safety.

And half her followers dumped her!

Easy come, easy go. (The Twits, not the father.)

Don't worry, Miss. You only lost the half that weren't worth keeping anyway. The average IQ of your Follower list just doubled.

BTW, I've heard no reports of any tendency for this father to leave a car parked, keys in the ignition, engine running, and door open, in the middle of a kindergarten playground during school hours. That would be no different from leaving a loaded gun where a 4-year-old could get to it. This guy did one but not the other, for some reason.

---------------------------------------

Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers | Fox News

Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers

Published June 11, 2013

Actress Katee Sackoff said she lost half of her Twitter followers when she tweeted a message urging people to practice gun safety.

After watching a television report about a four-year-old who accidentally shot and killed his father with a loaded gun that had been left unattended at a friend’s house, the “Battlestar Galactica” star tweeted Monday:

“Please practice gun safety. This is horrible!”

Soon after, Sackoff’s Twitter feed blew up with followers advocating gun control instead of gun safety.

“Here's a radical idea folks. How about NO gun?” one wrote.

Sackoff responded to her critics: “Never gonna happen in the US. Proper gun safety is a necessity though.”

That did not satisfy many, who continued to criticize her initial comment.

Sackoff tried to elaborate on her position: “Just to be clear...I NEVER said automatic guns should be legal!“

But it was too late. While many came to her defense (“I don't understand why [MENTION=17129]kate[/MENTION]esackhoff got so much flack for a gun safety tweet. She's right”), her initial comment apparently cost her about 100,000 Twitter followers.

Later on Monday, Sackoff tweeted: “On a lighter note since I've lost half my followers due to talking about gun safety...the sun is shining & Happy Monday! Love your neighbor today!”

She's only stating the obvious and hasn't lost anything with those who dropped her.

The net advantage of gun safety wasn't obvious to those who dumped her... or else why did they suddenly dump her?

As I said, she only lost the ones who weren't worth keeping anyway.

Im not sure why the opinions of a 3rd rate actress on a 4th rate TV show should concern me. For the record I think gun safety is crucial and anyone who doesnt practice it deserves what he gets.

Hardly a day goes by that we don't hear of another dead child. Since the slaughter at Newtown, a number equal to the Americans killed in Iraq have died from guns. Its utterly stupid that we allow a small minority to continue to support wanton murder without consequence.

There was a time when ALL gun owners, as well as the NRA cartel was in favor of gun SAFETY but not any more. Now, we have people crying out for more guns and more deaths.

If we are so stupid as to let those few rule us and kill us, we deserve exactly what we get - more dead children.

1005570_593667720655097_987457779_n.jpg

Nearly 90% of Americans are for more gun safety.

I would say that it is more like 100% of Americans are for more gun safety
And that is what Katie tweeted. "Please practice gun safety."
The problem occurs when you change that word from Safety to Control.
That is a major difference.
BTW Katie was Starbuck in “Battlestar Galactica”

Last edited:
Nearly 90% of Americans are for more gun safety.

I would say that it is more like 100% of Americans are for more gun safety
And that is what Katie tweeted. "Please practice gun safety."
The problem occurs when you change that word from Safety to Control.
That is a major difference.
BTW Katie was Starbuck in “Battlestar Galactica”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bingo!

Im not sure why the opinions of a 3rd rate actress on a 4th rate TV show should concern me. For the record I think gun safety is crucial and anyone who doesnt practice it deserves what he gets.

you would not understand the show....you have to pay attention.....stick with "American Idle"....

Hardly a day goes by that we don't hear of another dead child. Since the slaughter at Newtown, a number equal to the Americans killed in Iraq have died from guns. Its utterly stupid that we allow a small minority to continue to support wanton murder without consequence.

There was a time when ALL gun owners, as well as the NRA cartel was in favor of gun SAFETY but not any more. Now, we have people crying out for more guns and more deaths.

If we are so stupid as to let those few rule us and kill us, we deserve exactly what we get - more dead children.

1005570_593667720655097_987457779_n.jpg

Bullshit that people are crying out for more guns and more deaths. What the hell are you on?

Maybe people see anything about guns they feel it's a call to take them.
I guess people are not trusting this Obama administration much these days.
Someone says gun safety and it translates to Obama's coming for our guns.

Forum List

Back