are you smoker or not?

I am

• Total voters
This is odd as I was just thinking about it a few months ago. Early on I tried ciggies and some were downright OK while others tasted like crap. Think 1970s early. I won't go into brands but Chesterfield and port Royal rollies were my starters. I liked them. Also Craven A with the cork tips...tasted fine as long as you smoked them SLOWLY. Then fags started to just burn too fast..too hot...no taste. Very early on I shifted to pipe tobacco and pipes. I was out picking tobacco (Queensland Australia) when one of the older guys told about the old tobacco factory that closed about twenty years before. He said he'd make me some pipe tobaccco so he picked out some "gold" leaf and took it home. (Owner was part of the conversation; no worries). He told me how to smoke it...slowly and not too deep...and I bought a little pipe and waited. About a fortnight later he brought some in and we has a smoke during smoko. Interesting and pleasant enough and after a few weeks I could really appreciate the flavor. Hell it was good. So over the years I smoked my pipe when I felt like it but it was not regular; I'd often take months long ...even a year or two..break. I would get a Balkan Sobranie and it was "my" brand. A couple of Irish and Scots brands were good too but I was a Balkan Sobranie 4Eva smoker by the time I was about 30 yo.

Once the bullshit Fag nazis started though you couldn't get it here any more....stuff those bastards...though about six years ago I decided to stop. No particular reason other than inability to get the stuff I wanted.

As for cigs; never really had more than a few a week and later (25 yo) rarely at all. Just me and my pipe.

Does talking about it make me want to smoke again?? Not one bit. If I head to Europe again i might "strike a light" but only for old times' sake.

Never was addicted to the nico; never had withdrawals etc.

Greg

i am a former smoker. i smoked a pack a day for 26 years, starting at the age of 12. i quit in 2000 & haven't had one since. hardest thing i ever did was quitting.

it doesn't bother me to be around a smoker, but can't stand the smell on clothing. i know if i took one puff, i'd be right back to being one.

i dont like smelly clothing either

How about YOU dont read MY posts? :cuckoo:
'TOAST TO WOWSERS'.

Here's to Wowsers ! Bloody Wowsers.
Snooping into Public Houses.
Peering down the Barmaids Blouses.
Chasing Bulls away from Cows's.
Here's to Wowsers ! Bloody Wowsers.
Stuff 'em!!!!!

Greg

PS: were wowsers the original "woke" mentality?? I've often thought so.

Last edited:
There is no way he smokes weed, nobody that smokes weed can be as uptight and devoid of humor as he is
I get a bit terse with wowsers and their ilk. If I recall correctly Godboy is fairly straight down the line OK but NOT on this topic for some reason. Hell; I also liked my pipe with a good port or a fine cognac or single malt. And when reading a good book.

Greg

Forum List

Back