Actress tweets for gun safety... and half her followers dump her

Im not sure why the opinions of a 3rd rate actress on a 4th rate TV show should concern me. For the record I think gun safety is crucial and anyone who doesnt practice it deserves what he gets.

you would not understand the show....you have to pay attention.....stick with "American Idle"....

Wasn't her original point about gun safety....
Did I get it wrong as well?

Hardly a day goes by that we don't hear of another dead child. Since the slaughter at Newtown, a number equal to the Americans killed in Iraq have died from guns. Its utterly stupid that we allow a small minority to continue to support wanton murder without consequence.

There was a time when ALL gun owners, as well as the NRA cartel was in favor of gun SAFETY but not any more. Now, we have people crying out for more guns and more deaths.

If we are so stupid as to let those few rule us and kill us, we deserve exactly what we get - more dead children.

1005570_593667720655097_987457779_n.jpg

hey Dudley?....how come you and your fellow Anti-Gun nuts never say anything about the kids in the inner Cities who get shot or shot at almost every day?.....dark skin color not worthy of your attention?....

Whiny, scatterbrained emotional lefties doing what they do. Can't change the Constitution but they can punish girlStarbuck. :razz:

“There are many safe homes with guns & kids in them,” she tweeted back. “I’ve grown up around them for hunting & NEVER handled one without an adult. It’s about safety, education, and loving & listening to our children. There are so many reasons why guns are scary but there are so many reasons they are part of our world & lives. There is no easy answer here that will satisfy everyone.”

But some of Sackhoff’s roughly 100,000 followers, disappointed that she did not endorse strict gun control, deserted her. She later tweeted that trying to warn people about gun safety had cost her half her Twitter following.

“On a lighter note since I’ve lost half my followers due to talking about gun safety…the sun is shining & Happy Monday! Love your neighbor today!” she tweeted.

Read more: Moderate gun stance costs actress liberal Twitter followers | The Daily Caller

Im not sure why the opinions of a 3rd rate actress on a 4th rate TV show should concern me. For the record I think gun safety is crucial and anyone who doesnt practice it deserves what he gets.

you would not understand the show....you have to pay attention.....stick with "American Idle"....

Wasn't her original point about gun safety....
Did I get it wrong as well?

i never quoted anything you said......:eusa_eh:

Maybe people see anything about guns they feel it's a call to take them.
I guess people are not trusting this Obama administration much these days.
Someone says gun safety and it translates to Obama's coming for our guns.

Or they lean to the left and understand that "gun safety" means very little sans the right to guns in the first place.

Gun safety is a good thing.

Everyone should practice maximum gun safety.

Gun safety should be taught by the NRA and other gun owners.

Gun safety should NOT be regulated by the Government.

She's only stating the obvious and hasn't lost anything with those who dropped her.

The net advantage of gun safety wasn't obvious to those who dumped her... or else why did they suddenly dump her?

As I said, she only lost the ones who weren't worth keeping anyway.

Wait, I'm confused. She tweeted something about responsible gun ownership amd a bunch of people tweeted pro gun control comments and she lost half her followers.

Were the ones that dropped her pro guns or gun control?

Hardly a day goes by that we don't hear of another dead child. Since the slaughter at Newtown, a number equal to the Americans killed in Iraq have died from guns. Its utterly stupid that we allow a small minority to continue to support wanton murder without consequence.

There was a time when ALL gun owners, as well as the NRA cartel was in favor of gun SAFETY but not any more. Now, we have people crying out for more guns and more deaths.

If we are so stupid as to let those few rule us and kill us, we deserve exactly what we get - more dead children.

Didn't even read the OP, did we?

But that didn't stop you from hysterically ranting about gun owners. :eusa_liar:

Bullshit that people are crying out for more guns and more deaths. What the hell are you on?

the same thing other Anti-Gun Nuts are on.....

I read that the guy and his kid showed up at this friends house...un announced. As a surprise sort of thing. THe owner of the gun was asleep when he heard his gun fired. This guy has no kids. Why should he leave his gun locked up in his own house? Will he tell burglars "wait til I get my key, unlock the box, get my gun, load it, so I can shoot you?"

Anyway, this guy and his kid...I guess he has a key? Or the door was unlocked? I'm betting he had a key, though. Or he crawled in a window maybe. Whatever the case may be, the guy that owns the gun had no idea his friend and his friends kid planned to "surprise" him. If he knew, he may have hidden the gun or kept it locked up. But he didn't know, did he? So again....if someone has no children, why should that person take pains to keep the gun unloaded and locked up?

BTW..I am for gun safety, but not so extreme it is unfair to those who are responsbile adults. The guy doing the surprising wasn't very responsible by going in this guys house un announced. With his very young kid.

I have roomies. They all know NO CHILDREN are allowed in this house. Ever. It is NOT a child proof house. No locks on cabinets where cleansers are, 3 dogs that are not used to children, and in general the landlord (me) does not care to be around children. It's in their rental agreement they signed. NO BABYSITTING. NO VISITORS WITH CHILDREN.

I also have two guns. And yes, they are locked up, but the point is...if I wanted them loaded and easy access for me for personal protection, then I should be able to do that.

Gun safety is a good thing.

Everyone should practice maximum gun safety.

Gun safety should be taught by the NRA and other gun owners.

Gun safety should NOT be regulated by the Government.

Exactly.

I learned gun safety at 12 years old at a YMCA camp of all places. Imagine that...teaching young kids how to shoot and operate a firearm safely. Now they learn of guns from the disgusting vile first person shooter games.

For those of you who believe certain parts of our society aren't tolerant enough, and give too many knee-jerk reactions... you're right.

A man of questionable mental capability left a loaded gun where his 4-year-old son could get it. The son found it, started playing with it, it went off, and killed the father.

This actress heard about it on the news, and Tweeted how horrible it was, and that people should practice gun safety.

And half her followers dumped her!

Easy come, easy go. (The Twits, not the father.)

Don't worry, Miss. You only lost the half that weren't worth keeping anyway. The average IQ of your Follower list just doubled.

BTW, I've heard no reports of any tendency for this father to leave a car parked, keys in the ignition, engine running, and door open, in the middle of a kindergarten playground during school hours. That would be no different from leaving a loaded gun where a 4-year-old could get to it. This guy did one but not the other, for some reason.

---------------------------------------

Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers | Fox News

Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers

Published June 11, 2013

Actress Katee Sackoff said she lost half of her Twitter followers when she tweeted a message urging people to practice gun safety.

After watching a television report about a four-year-old who accidentally shot and killed his father with a loaded gun that had been left unattended at a friend’s house, the “Battlestar Galactica” star tweeted Monday:

“Please practice gun safety. This is horrible!”

Soon after, Sackoff’s Twitter feed blew up with followers advocating gun control instead of gun safety.

“Here's a radical idea folks. How about NO gun?” one wrote.

Sackoff responded to her critics: “Never gonna happen in the US. Proper gun safety is a necessity though.”

That did not satisfy many, who continued to criticize her initial comment.

Sackoff tried to elaborate on her position: “Just to be clear...I NEVER said automatic guns should be legal!“

But it was too late. While many came to her defense (“I don't understand why [MENTION=17129]kate[/MENTION]esackhoff got so much flack for a gun safety tweet. She's right”), her initial comment apparently cost her about 100,000 Twitter followers.

Later on Monday, Sackoff tweeted: “On a lighter note since I've lost half my followers due to talking about gun safety...the sun is shining & Happy Monday! Love your neighbor today!”

And?

What does any of that have to do with a dopey actress losing twitter followers.
Who the fuck cares...

Nearly 90% of Americans are for more gun safety.

That's equal to saying 99% of all humans favor breathing!

The point is WE HAVE ALL the laws NEEDED!
But if they aren't ENFORCED what do you do???

In 2010, prosecutors considered just 22 cases of information falsification, according to a 2012 report to the Department of Justice by the Regional Justice Information Service. 40 more background-check cases ended up before prosecutors for reasons related to unlawful gun possession.
Federal prosecutors pursued just 44 of those 62 cases.
Gun prosecutions in 2011 were down 35% from the previous administration’s peak in 2004, according to Justice Department data.
Gun Control Policy: Universal Background Checks Aren't the Cure-all People Think They Are

So again.. you support I support THE CURRENT LAWS on the books... EVEN THOUGH as statistics show Obama has prosecuted 40% less then Bush had!
Why then are you so insistent on FURTHER NEW LAWS that won't be enforced, that won't stop the shootings?

It doesn't make any sense to write new laws that won't be enforced!

For those of you who believe certain parts of our society aren't tolerant enough, and give too many knee-jerk reactions... you're right.

A man of questionable mental capability left a loaded gun where his 4-year-old son could get it. The son found it, started playing with it, it went off, and killed the father.

This actress heard about it on the news, and Tweeted how horrible it was, and that people should practice gun safety.

And half her followers dumped her!

Easy come, easy go. (The Twits, not the father.)

Don't worry, Miss. You only lost the half that weren't worth keeping anyway. The average IQ of your Follower list just doubled.

BTW, I've heard no reports of any tendency for this father to leave a car parked, keys in the ignition, engine running, and door open, in the middle of a kindergarten playground during school hours. That would be no different from leaving a loaded gun where a 4-year-old could get to it. This guy did one but not the other, for some reason.

---------------------------------------

Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers | Fox News

Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers

Published June 11, 2013

Actress Katee Sackoff said she lost half of her Twitter followers when she tweeted a message urging people to practice gun safety.

After watching a television report about a four-year-old who accidentally shot and killed his father with a loaded gun that had been left unattended at a friend’s house, the “Battlestar Galactica” star tweeted Monday:

“Please practice gun safety. This is horrible!”

Soon after, Sackoff’s Twitter feed blew up with followers advocating gun control instead of gun safety.

“Here's a radical idea folks. How about NO gun?” one wrote.

Sackoff responded to her critics: “Never gonna happen in the US. Proper gun safety is a necessity though.”

That did not satisfy many, who continued to criticize her initial comment.

Sackoff tried to elaborate on her position: “Just to be clear...I NEVER said automatic guns should be legal!“

But it was too late. While many came to her defense (“I don't understand why [MENTION=17129]kate[/MENTION]esackhoff got so much flack for a gun safety tweet. She's right”), her initial comment apparently cost her about 100,000 Twitter followers.

Later on Monday, Sackoff tweeted: “On a lighter note since I've lost half my followers due to talking about gun safety...the sun is shining & Happy Monday! Love your neighbor today!”

And?

Or?

Forum List

Back