Administration Admits Border Deployment Was a $200 Million Election Stunt

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
`
"The military is leaving the southern border, and the caravan hasn’t even arrived yet.

The Pentagon is set to begin a drawdown of its 5,800 troops from the Southwest border as early as this week, the Army commander overseeing the mission told POLITICO today—even as the approaching caravan of refugees prompted U.S. customs officers to close a port of entry near Tijuana, Mexico.

All the active-duty troops that President Donald Trump ordered sent to the border before the midterm elections should be home by Christmas, said Army Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan, who is running the mission from San Antonio, Texas." - Source

`
`
Who'd of guessed? This lying sack of shit of a president is costing the taxpayer just to reinforce his ego.

I wouldn't doubt it, Republicans use "Immigration" as a "Ruse" in reality they're for cheap labor, and tax cuts.

Note that the Caravan wasn't spoken of the day after the election.

I can't believe people think Trump's a legit Nationalist, now that is funny.

`
"The military is leaving the southern border, and the caravan hasn’t even arrived yet.

The Pentagon is set to begin a drawdown of its 5,800 troops from the Southwest border as early as this week, the Army commander overseeing the mission told POLITICO today—even as the approaching caravan of refugees prompted U.S. customs officers to close a port of entry near Tijuana, Mexico.

All the active-duty troops that President Donald Trump ordered sent to the border before the midterm elections should be home by Christmas, said Army Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan, who is running the mission from San Antonio, Texas." - Source

`
`
Who'd of guessed? This lying sack of shit of a president is costing the taxpayer just to reinforce his ego.
I would probably agree that this deployment was partly swayed by the elections but you can’t deny Trump has been sending strong messages against illegal immigration since he announced that he was running. The troops did go down and set up fencing and tents so they were working on stuff. I don’t think them finishing and then leaving proves that it was all a stunt. They had a job, they did the job. That’s typically what our military excels at.

Where in the article did the administration admit that?

Oh wait the OP inserted her BS

Trump is strong on anti immigration....best get used to it loons

`

`
`
I would probably agree that this deployment was partly swayed by the elections but you can’t deny Trump has been sending strong messages against illegal immigration since he announced that he was running. The troops did go down and set up fencing and tents so they were working on stuff. I don’t think them finishing and then leaving proves that it was all a stunt. They had a job, they did the job. That’s typically what our military excels at.
Of course it was a political stunt.

The ‘deployment’ was completely unnecessary, something the National Guard should do – this is yet another Trump manufactured ‘crisis.’

Haha, Trump's about as strong on immigration as Obama.

16 - 29 million Illegals, and how many did Trump deport, exactly?

Yeah, I didn't think close to that number, either.

Trump being a Nationalist, is "Fake News"

Trump's a pseudo Nationalist, at best.

His Republicans are uber-Capitalists, and will put Capitalist freedoms to hire cheap labor, before anything else to deter immigration.

`

`
`
Last I heard Trump has authorized deadly force and has ordered the border closed. Troops are still there.

Of course it was a stunt. Send troops right before the election. Withdraw them right after. Has to be one of the shortest military deployments ever.

`

`
`

The ‘deployment’ was completely unnecessary, something the National Guard should do – this is yet another Trump manufactured ‘crisis.’
I agree, it was unnecessary and overkill. But that’s how I feel about most of Trumps actions and messages. He likes to be the tough guy so he goes over the top and pushes until he gets his way. It’s embarassing to have a president representing our country who acts that way. But unfortunately it does yield results so people will support him and his ugly tactics.

`
I'm waiting to see how many excuses trumps fans come up with to excuse this sheer waste of money and people.

Of course it was a stunt. Send troops right before the election. Withdraw them right after. Has to be one of the shortest military deployments ever.

Don't care...the left is constantly pulling stunts....see Kavanaugh

`

`
`

Blind in one eye, refuses to open the other. Perhaps you should journey south and wade into the "harmless" legion of Central American invaders yourself. Take them rose petals and sweet nothings you can toss to flutter earthbound at their feet to carpet their beautified crossing of our border. I am certain they will be on their best behavior in your presence.

Perhaps you can tell us why the troops are still down there?

`

`
`

images

Blind in one eye, refuses to open the other. Perhaps you should journey south and wade into the "harmless" legion of Central American invaders yourself. Take them rose petals and sweet nothings you can toss to flutter earthbound at their feet to carpet their beautified crossing of our border. I am certain they will be on their best behavior in your presence.
`
I'm talking about a news item I posted, which happens to be the topic. You are off in la-la land someplace. If you want to focus on other aspects of this issue, start your own thread. Short attention span? Na, just another one of those "change the topic" posts which the far right is so famous for.

`

Perhaps you can tell us why the troops are still down there?

They have already said that they never expected to come in contact with the caravan, and will withdraw by December 15th.

`

`
`
Best Troll post of the day...so far.

`
I'm talking about a news item I posted, which happens to be the topic. You are off in la-la land someplace. If you want to focus on other aspects of this issue, start your own thread. Short attention span? Na, just another one of those "change the topic" posts which the far right is so famous for.

`

My post speaks to the not-beating heart of your thread. That being your willingness to take a _______ on both your commander in chief and the US Military and individual troops guarding your butt along with the rest of our great nation, all in the name of winning you up some political currency for your "side" which in truth all Americans should be on the same damn one. Further, rather than wax stupid about the migrant caravan via CNN or MSNBC's cult broadcast head shrinking, hop on a plane, a train or in an automobile and go on down to the border and have a look for yourself. Then come on back and report what you seen. Maybe take some coffee for the troops, rather than gold medals for your immigrant heroes.

I wouldn't doubt it, Republicans use "Immigration" as a "Ruse" in reality they're for cheap labor, and tax cuts.

Note that the Caravan wasn't spoken of the day after the election.

I can't believe people think Trump's a legit Nationalist, now that is funny.
Troll work hard for their money,

Forum List

Back