Adulting Is Hard! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Needs A Vacation From Work

Lazy slack-ass.

Whatever moron, there is more to life than working. But you are such a good little sheep that you have bought into the narrative your masters have sold you.

Some of us actually enjoy our jobs and feel personally invested in them.

On the other hand, my company doesn't actually give us a choice about taking time off. If you have over a certain amount of PTO accrued by December, you WILL take a freaking vacation and get some rest. No arguments.
What an awful company. You must work for Democrats.

Why is it awful to make people use their vacation time?

It has been shown time and time again that time away from work will increase your productive when you get back.

Americans are so stupid about this shit.

What is your nationality?

American

Whatever moron, there is more to life than working. But you are such a good little sheep that you have bought into the narrative your masters have sold you.

On the other hand, my company doesn't actually give us a choice about taking time off. If you have over a certain amount of PTO accrued by December, you WILL take a freaking vacation and get some rest. No arguments.

It has been shown time and time again that time away from work will increase your productive when you get back.

American

Then why do you keep referring to “Americans” in the third person?

The champion of the working class needs a service dog, crayons, binkie and juice boxes.

“I’m taking a few days to take care of myself before what is sure to be an eventful term. For working people, immigrants, & the poor, self-care is political — not because we want it to be, but bc of the inevitable shaming of someone doing a face mask while financially stressed. So I’ve decided to take others along with me on IG as I learn what self-care even means and why it’s important.”

You don't say! Everyone of you working slobs, call in to your boss and let him know you are taking time off because SELF CARE IS POLITICAL!

Stock up on popcorn and head desk protection, folks. Congress in 2019 is in for one helluva bumpy ride!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez announces 'self-care' break before congressional session even starts - NY Daily News
She is not even sworn in yet, genius...what a moronic thread....could you make it anymore obvious that your have a tiny little hard on for the brown female...

Go smoke some weed, useless slacker.

Too many weakling losers in the younger generations, I guess.

Not sure mid-50s is the younger generation. ...

Then there goes the only excuse for your weak character.

Not being a slave to my job does not make me of weak character.

Being a lazy slack ass loser does. You should really consider moving to Europe where fearing hard work and avoiding it whenever possible is considered a virtue. A place where spineless slackers and lazy layabouts are lauded for their languor.

I am nether lazy nor a slacker...

Your own words betray you, Euro-boy.

American

It is a general term, not a specific one. Clearly not all Americans are stupid about vacations, but too many are like you and think that work is all that matters in this world.

Not sure mid-50s is the younger generation. ...

Being a lazy slack ass loser does. You should really consider moving to Europe where fearing hard work and avoiding it whenever possible is considered a virtue. A place where spineless slackers and lazy layabouts are lauded for their languor.

No, my words show that I am not a slave to the system and I understand that there are things more important in life than work.

My salary confirms I am neither of those things.

I cannot help that fry cooks at Wendy's do not make much money and have to work so hard ,but maybe one day you will improve your lot in life.

American

It is a general term, not a specific one. Clearly not all Americans are stupid about vacations, but too many are like you and think that work is all that matters in this world.

You claim to be an American, but your words are those of a fey, anemic European leftist.

American

They try to guilt you about caring about yourself or your family

American

You claim to be an American, but your words are those of a fey, anemic European leftist.

No, my words are those of someone that figured out there is more to life than working.

I hope one day you can figure that out as well, but I do not hold out too much hope, you are way too brainwashed by your masters.

Yeah, I don't know what kind of job you had, but some of us have jobs that involve constant workflow. It's not a matter of "needing more time to do it". It's a matter of every day brings in new stuff; therefore, if I am not there that day to deal with it, it's still waiting for me the next day, along with THAT day's stuff.

And I don't work more than 40 hours a week. I just need to actually be present for that 40.

You should also keep in mind that, as I said, before I got here it took three people to do what I now do all by myself.

I am a Statistician, my job is a constant flow of projects for clients. Each project is separate and distinct and has it own timeline and parameters. Some are simply about data, some are data and analysis and some throw in making recommendations based off of the data and the analysis.

I never do not have multiple projects happening at the same time. Some are projects I am the lead for, others are projects I am a team member on.

Each project last from around a month to 6 months depending on the size and scope.

My performance is judged by timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the data and the analysis.

I'm an administrative assistant for a legal transcription company. Every single weekday, the client for whom I am responsible has six different courts running, and the court reporters upload the entire day's audio every evening, as well as log notes, docket calendars, etc. I come in in the morning and process all of the uploads from all six reporters the previous day (16+ hours of audio a day), then process and verify all of the transcript orders put in by the client from that audio, then assign the transcription jobs to our various transcribers and proofreaders. Once a transcript has been produced, it is also my job to check each one over to make sure everything is correct before sending it to the printer. While I'm doing all that, THAT day's uploads and orders are trickling in for me to process. Also, it is my responsibility to communicate with the transcribers and proofers, answering any questions or emergencies that come up, re-assigning jobs because someone's cat has to go to the vet (yes, I have really gotten that excuse), and communicate with the reporters to let them know there are problems with their work product, etc.

So literally, my job is a day-to-day workflow thing. If I miss a day, then either someone else is going to have to find time to process 16+ hours of audio and approximately 120 transcript orders, plus responding to emergencies, OR it's all going to be waiting there for me the next day in addition to THAT day's 16 hours of audio and 120 transcript orders, AND the assigned transcripts that got stopped because of an emergency are now late to the client, who is now charging us a fee for being late.

Basically, I miss days when my body literally is not available to sit up in a computer chair. That's it.

The champion of the working class needs a service dog, crayons, binkie and juice boxes.

“I’m taking a few days to take care of myself before what is sure to be an eventful term. For working people, immigrants, & the poor, self-care is political — not because we want it to be, but bc of the inevitable shaming of someone doing a face mask while financially stressed. So I’ve decided to take others along with me on IG as I learn what self-care even means and why it’s important.”

You don't say! Everyone of you working slobs, call in to your boss and let him know you are taking time off because SELF CARE IS POLITICAL!

Stock up on popcorn and head desk protection, folks. Congress in 2019 is in for one helluva bumpy ride!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez announces 'self-care' break before congressional session even starts - NY Daily News
She is not even sworn in yet, genius...what a moronic thread....could you make it anymore obvious that your have a tiny little hard on for the brown female...
I know, isn’t it grand our Christmas came early? She’s going to to be so much fun.

American

They try to guilt you about caring about yourself or your family

And it works on morons like Unkotare.

Yeah, I don't know what kind of job you had, but some of us have jobs that involve constant workflow. It's not a matter of "needing more time to do it". It's a matter of every day brings in new stuff; therefore, if I am not there that day to deal with it, it's still waiting for me the next day, along with THAT day's stuff.

And I don't work more than 40 hours a week. I just need to actually be present for that 40.

You should also keep in mind that, as I said, before I got here it took three people to do what I now do all by myself.

I am a Statistician, my job is a constant flow of projects for clients. Each project is separate and distinct and has it own timeline and parameters. Some are simply about data, some are data and analysis and some throw in making recommendations based off of the data and the analysis.

I never do not have multiple projects happening at the same time. Some are projects I am the lead for, others are projects I am a team member on.

Each project last from around a month to 6 months depending on the size and scope.

My performance is judged by timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the data and the analysis.

I'm an administrative assistant for a legal transcription company. Every single weekday, the client for whom I am responsible has six different courts running, and the court reporters upload the entire day's audio every evening, as well as log notes, docket calendars, etc. I come in in the morning and process all of the uploads from all six reporters the previous day (16+ hours of audio a day), then process and verify all of the transcript orders put in by the client from that audio, then assign the transcription jobs to our various transcribers and proofreaders. Once a transcript has been produced, it is also my job to check each one over to make sure everything is correct before sending it to the printer. While I'm doing all that, THAT day's uploads and orders are trickling in for me to process. Also, it is my responsibility to communicate with the transcribers and proofers, answering any questions or emergencies that come up, re-assigning jobs because someone's cat has to go to the vet (yes, I have really gotten that excuse), and communicate with the reporters to let them know there are problems with their work product, etc.

So literally, my job is a day-to-day workflow thing. If I miss a day, then either someone else is going to have to find time to process 16+ hours of audio and approximately 120 transcript orders, plus responding to emergencies, OR it's all going to be waiting there for me the next day in addition to THAT day's 16 hours of audio and 120 transcript orders, AND the assigned transcripts that got stopped because of an emergency are now late to the client, who is now charging us a fee for being late.

Basically, I miss days when my body literally is not available to sit up in a computer chair. That's it.

Not to be rude, but that sounds terrible.

I have had a couple jobs that way, will never go back to that again.

It was one of the main driving forces behind me getting my Masters.

Flexibility is key for me right now, I gave up money for that.

I know, isn’t it grand our Christmas came early? She’s going to to be so much fun.
Oh, I know. We all knew what would happen to the young, bright brown girl.

Took awhile, but I knew skin color and sex had to come in to defend the dingbat.

Think we care?

Took awhile, but I knew skin color and sex had to come in to defend the dingbat.

Think we care?

of course you care, you cannot stop thinking about her, you post more about her than anything else. you start the majority of the threads about her..you are like the middle school boy trying to hard to pretend they do not like the girl that sits in front of them.

No, my words show that I am not a slave to the system and I understand that there are things more important in life than work.

Those are the words of a lazy POS who sees work as a “necessary evil” to be avoided whenever possible. Pathetic and weak.

Occasional Cortex is going to be a hoot of a reality show over the next two years. She is going to be such an embarrassment to the Dems that they will make sure she is not re-elected.

How far exactly is the Bay Area from Queens again? :eusa_think:

That said, props for "occasional cortex". That's some funny shit. :thup:

The pendulum swung back LIKE IT ALWAYS DOES.
Takes nothing away from the fact that morons in NY elected another Guam tipping over moron.
I don't remember you being so confident that the "pendulum would swing" before November.
Let me help you out...

Why all the Democrat excitement about winning the midterms?

I see the moron Rightwinger wanted to look like a fool too.

This was posted TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE ELECTION
:eusa_whistle:
You cherypicked.
You got schooled and are not man enough to admit it.

Pussy
Here's the post that triggered you. Your archives schooled you.

Attachments

• DE79C67E-412F-4F3B-AB14-AF839328CB73.jpeg
    DE79C67E-412F-4F3B-AB14-AF839328CB73.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Forum List

Back