Affirmative action, helpful or harmful?

1. Pretty sure this guys family line was not subjected to generations of the type of slavery here in the US.

So what if they did? What does that have to do with today unless they were slaves themselves?
Excuse 1.

2. Pretty sure they didnt have to deal with Jim Crow for generations.

Did you or anybody your age?
Excuse 2.

3. Being from another country I guarantee you he was given a loan to start his business like most non Blacks are.

Given a loan by whom? The only way a bank would make a loan to a guy like him is if he saved enough capital to get such a loan; something any American can do. If anything, I bet the banks put him under more scrutiny because he and his family could pack their bags and return to their country and never come back.
Excuse 3.

4. none of this corrects the fact that whites have had 400 years and counting of AA and if they didnt need help they would have no problem with leveling the playing field.

All whites had help? My father could tell you stories growing up that would make you cry. He joined the military to fight in Korea just so he could eat three squares a day for the first time in his life. If when my parents pass away, and if they are able to leave us something, my sister and I will be the first generation in our family ever to receive an inheritance. It's not just us, but most whites are in the same position.
Excuse 4.

One of the biggest problems with whites is that they think something that took 400 years (and counting) to institute is done away with in substantially less time and less legislated benefits.

Look, I'm 58 years old which is probably older than you are. In my time on earth, nobody was discriminated against. If anything, blacks had an upper hand when it came to jobs or education. You don't need 300 years to do the things you want to do because of something that happened to your ancestors; people you likely never met in your life.

What my father did, my mother did, my grandparents did have nothing to do with my position in life today. My life started 58 years ago, not 258 years ago. When I turned 18 years old, I became a legal adult capable of making my own decisions and taking blame for my own faults. My failures in life are that of my own, not of anybody else. My advantages in life I created. I didn't get advantages because of the color of my skin.

As long as many blacks make excuses, they will be failures for another 400 years. The successful blacks today didn't rely on anything but their abilities, talents, and planning.
If their families were enslaved they would have the same baggage Black families have now.

Not officially but definitely unofficially

Yes all whites had help in comparison to Blacks.

You sound like an idiot. I have been discriminated against and I am younger than you.

Its not good to make excuses but its important to know the reasons. Thats why I am a success. I realize that no matter how easy whites make it for themselves they cant stop me when I out work them.

If there is any truth to what you say, then you should be against AA more than anybody.

And what baggage do you speak of? Making bad decisions like having kids before you're actually an adult yourself has nothing to do with baggage, it has to do with making bad decisions. Spending money you make instead of saving or investing it is not baggage left behind to you. It's making bad decisions in life.
Why should I be against the idea of 400 years of Black AA?

None of your business really but yes some of that stuff you mentioned.

Because if you are in anyway successful, AA makes you look bad. Everybody assumes you are successful because of AA instead of your own abilities and achievements. You didn't earn your own way, you were given a way by government. It's insulting to any successful person.

It's just like when you made that comment about my beverage store owner. You automatically assume his success was not because of hard work and learning, his success was because somebody gave him a loan that wouldn't loan money to blacks. I can assure you that if he read this blog and knew we were talking about him, he would be totally insulted. Even at his age, he still works night and day. When not at the store, he drives out 40 miles to his hotel to help his wife with chores she can't handle. They aren't that much younger than I am.
Makes you look bad? I dont care what people think. You should have learned that as an adult.

I didnt assume anything. As a matter of fact I pointed out he was one person and said lets pretend like he was an entire race. You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

Affirmative action hurts those more qualified...needs to end
In your opinion was the government program which authorized the U.S. Army Air Corps to train a group of African American men as pilots during WWII an "affirmative action" program? And if so, who was more qualified to do the job than they that they displaced?

AA didn't exist then...but my father was career Navy and he told many a good man and woman got passed over due to AA. It's not right and careers stalled due to it

In your opinion was the government program which authorized the U.S. Army Air Corps to train a group of African American men as pilots during WWII an "affirmative action" program? And if so, who was more qualified to do the job than they that they displaced?

AA didn't exist then...but my father was career Navy and he told many a good man and woman got passed over due to AA. It's not right and careers stalled due to it
And our services have many more minorities and women in positions of command.

The Lilly White, Christian command structure is gone for good

Even SmellyIrishAss has benefitted from affirmative action

All Americans have benefitted from Affirmative Action

It has been a major success

Yes it has, for losers.

Anyone with a mother, wife or daughter has received the benefits of affirmative action. Along with minorities, handicapped

A major success

Great.....another one. You think that all these people got ahead in life because of some corrupt program. You don't give those people credit for their own accomplishments, you say they couldn't have done it without AA. Pathetic.

Yes it has, for losers.
So you admit whites are losers for having 400 years of AA?

Whites never had AA. In fact, European Americans used to discriminate against other European Americans years ago. It took my father a long time to get into the bricklayers union because of his Polish descent, and they told him that's why he was being rejected.

More qualified people got passed over....only a dumb fuck leftist can't grasp what is wrong with that.

Now cease with your middle school shit, it's already old

So what if they did? What does that have to do with today unless they were slaves themselves?
Excuse 1.

Did you or anybody your age?
Excuse 2.

Given a loan by whom? The only way a bank would make a loan to a guy like him is if he saved enough capital to get such a loan; something any American can do. If anything, I bet the banks put him under more scrutiny because he and his family could pack their bags and return to their country and never come back.
Excuse 3.

All whites had help? My father could tell you stories growing up that would make you cry. He joined the military to fight in Korea just so he could eat three squares a day for the first time in his life. If when my parents pass away, and if they are able to leave us something, my sister and I will be the first generation in our family ever to receive an inheritance. It's not just us, but most whites are in the same position.
Excuse 4.

Look, I'm 58 years old which is probably older than you are. In my time on earth, nobody was discriminated against. If anything, blacks had an upper hand when it came to jobs or education. You don't need 300 years to do the things you want to do because of something that happened to your ancestors; people you likely never met in your life.

What my father did, my mother did, my grandparents did have nothing to do with my position in life today. My life started 58 years ago, not 258 years ago. When I turned 18 years old, I became a legal adult capable of making my own decisions and taking blame for my own faults. My failures in life are that of my own, not of anybody else. My advantages in life I created. I didn't get advantages because of the color of my skin.

As long as many blacks make excuses, they will be failures for another 400 years. The successful blacks today didn't rely on anything but their abilities, talents, and planning.
If their families were enslaved they would have the same baggage Black families have now.

You sound like an idiot. I have been discriminated against and I am younger than you.

Its not good to make excuses but its important to know the reasons. Thats why I am a success. I realize that no matter how easy whites make it for themselves they cant stop me when I out work them.

If there is any truth to what you say, then you should be against AA more than anybody.

And what baggage do you speak of? Making bad decisions like having kids before you're actually an adult yourself has nothing to do with baggage, it has to do with making bad decisions. Spending money you make instead of saving or investing it is not baggage left behind to you. It's making bad decisions in life.

Because if you are in anyway successful, AA makes you look bad. Everybody assumes you are successful because of AA instead of your own abilities and achievements. You didn't earn your own way, you were given a way by government. It's insulting to any successful person.

It's just like when you made that comment about my beverage store owner. You automatically assume his success was not because of hard work and learning, his success was because somebody gave him a loan that wouldn't loan money to blacks. I can assure you that if he read this blog and knew we were talking about him, he would be totally insulted. Even at his age, he still works night and day. When not at the store, he drives out 40 miles to his hotel to help his wife with chores she can't handle. They aren't that much younger than I am.
Makes you look bad? I dont care what people think. You should have learned that as an adult.

I didnt assume anything. As a matter of fact I pointed out he was one person and said lets pretend like he was an entire race. You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

AA makes a lot of people look bad because it's assumed (like you did with my beverage store guy) they didn't or couldn't do it on their own. Any self-made person would be offended by that. They would be offended even more if somebody did make it to their level of success because of AA instead of doing it on their own.

Yes it has, for losers.

Anyone with a mother, wife or daughter has received the benefits of affirmative action. Along with minorities, handicapped

A major success

Great.....another one. You think that all these people got ahead in life because of some corrupt program. You don't give those people credit for their own accomplishments, you say they couldn't have done it without AA. Pathetic.

Is your mother, wife or daughter a secretary, teacher, nurse or beautician?

If not, they have benefitted from affirmative action

More qualified people got passed over....only a dumb fuck leftist can't grasp what is wrong with that.

I think RW realizes that more qualified ppl have gotten passed over, he just doesn’t care as long as certain groups get a hand up. I’m not sure if he realizes how counterintuitive that thought process is.

Yes it has, for losers.

A major success

Sorry that’s bs

Just saw this video in my feed and was quite shocked at the stats it puts forward.

Affirmative action - putting the incompetent on top just because they have tits.

No thanks.... unless the position is for underwear model.

AA makes a lot of people look bad because it's assumed (like you did with my beverage store guy) they didn't or couldn't do it on their own. Any self-made person would be offended by that. They would be offended even more if somebody did make it to their level of success because of AA instead of doing it on their own.
The enhanced opportunities for women and minorities is a direct result of affirmative action.

Yes it has, for losers.

A major success

Sorry that’s bs
Show me how many women or minorities were in executive positions in the 1960s

Yes it has, for losers.

A major success

Sorry that’s bs
Show me how many women or minorities were in executive positions in the 1960s

Correlation....

Actually ....before affirmative action
Qualified people were never given a chance

Actually ....before affirmative action
Qualified people were never given a chance

Good grief....you're all over the map with your rubbish

Forum List

Back