Affirmative Action Today?

Okay, stupid racists. Let's get rid of Affirmative Action and then there will be a black man and a white man who are equally qualified for a job and the job will go to the white guy because the black guy is black. That's equality in your racist minds. However you try to spin it is as irrelevant as Herman Cain.

You say, "No, that won't happen because it's against the law." Well, laws don't stop people from breaking the laws. You tell yourselves that about gun laws all the time. What makes you think that racists won't be racist even if racism is against the law?

The system has been very racist for hundreds of years. Racism didn't end in 1864 or in 1964, or even in 2014. Until stupid racists stop being stupid racists then Affirmative Action will still be needed.

The reason there is a race obsession in this country is because of people like you. Most of the rest of the world doesn't give a shit.

Okay, stupid racists. Let's get rid of Affirmative Action and then there will be a black man and a white man who are equally qualified for a job and the job will go to the white guy because the black guy is black. That's equality in your racist minds. However you try to spin it is as irrelevant as Herman Cain.

You say, "No, that won't happen because it's against the law." Well, laws don't stop people from breaking the laws. You tell yourselves that about gun laws all the time. What makes you think that racists won't be racist even if racism is against the law?

The system has been very racist for hundreds of years. Racism didn't end in 1864 or in 1964, or even in 2014. Until stupid racists stop being stupid racists then Affirmative Action will still be needed.

The reason there is a race obsession in this country is because of people like you. Most of the rest of the world doesn't give a shit.
Indeed. SOME of us in this world have grown UP.

Indeed.

Class warfare in the rest of the world has a much broader basis.

Plus, there are no Mexicans in China.

So if the white guy gets the job it's racist but if the black guy gets it because of his race that isn't. That's a very racist stance right there.

I don't know about anyone else here but I wasn't around the past 200 years and I didn't cause any of what happened back then. I'm also not going to be round for the next 200 while people like you try to make up for something none of us were involved in. So it looks like the most fair thing we can do is have everyone that is here today playing on a level field. No quota's, no special treatment, no false advantages.

Affirmative action should be based on factors such as income and opportunity, not on color or gender.

The children of well-to-do minorities shouldn't get a break because they're minorities. Kids from, say, the Ozarks and Appalachia with impoverished parents, who demonstrate aptitude and commitment should be considered for special assistance to realize their potential -- regardless of their ethnicity.

And legacy admissions to schools should be held up to ridicule until schools change those policies.

Last edited:
Good, Bad, Ugly?

Discuss Affirmative Action Today.

Is it discrimination? Is it segregation? Is it anti-oppression?

I'll encourage all to use an educated stance on the topic and refrain from "trolling" or insulting short statements that have no substance. Note that the trolls will be openly labeled as trolls that have no Political education.

Affirmative Action is a loaded word used by opponents to suggest an unfair outcome impacting those not members of a protected class. In come cases that has been found to be true, but it is not universally so.

In many cases a Consent Decree

[ (consent decree legal definition of consent decree. consent decree synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary. ]

is negotiated between parties to balance a wrongdoing and achieve a workforce, for example, whose demographics mirror the community as a whole. It is an effort by a political subdivision to reach out to minorities and women, providing them information on jobs, including the MQ's and means to access the necessary training and/or education to compete.

Good, Bad, Ugly?

Discuss Affirmative Action Today.

Is it discrimination? Is it segregation? Is it anti-oppression?

I'll encourage all to use an educated stance on the topic and refrain from "trolling" or insulting short statements that have no substance. Note that the trolls will be openly labeled as trolls that have no Political education.

I find it entertaining you make posts and claim to be ultimate arbiture of what will be considered educated when you yourself hasn't earned that position.

However, to address your post. Yes affirmative action is discrimination. It gives people that have no business gaining a position in a school or a job that position for nothing more than being the correct race in order to fill a quota. A quota that doesn't enhance or advance the field they are put into as the only goal is to get certain numbers of races into those positions whether it is beneficial or not. And it puts people actually qualified for the job on the outside looking in.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.-Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think we have arrived at this point. Let's let character and achievement rule the day. Fuck race.

I'm curious why you attack my intelligence when the entire OP was a question. Seems to me like you are the one with intelligence in question. :badgrin:

I find it entertaining you make posts and claim to be ultimate arbiture of what will be considered educated when you yourself hasn't earned that position.

However, to address your post. Yes affirmative action is discrimination. It gives people that have no business gaining a position in a school or a job that position for nothing more than being the correct race in order to fill a quota. A quota that doesn't enhance or advance the field they are put into as the only goal is to get certain numbers of races into those positions whether it is beneficial or not. And it puts people actually qualified for the job on the outside looking in.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.-Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think we have arrived at this point. Let's let character and achievement rule the day. Fuck race.
So says every racist who wants to get rid of Affirmative Action so that America can be discriminatory in hiring and education admissions.

Oh I see. So you still think minorities are just too fucking stupid to compete against white people and need some preference to keep up.

And you call me a racist?

At this point I'm curious why you can't hold an "ADULT DEBATE" and you resort to junior high style bashes. If you are correct you should be able to define your words and use information instead of the uneducated "You are stupid" approach so many are using today.

Aren't we all equal? Why do we need quota's to favor others more than the other guy.

How racist.

It was never racism, it was anti-racism.

I'm just curious today if we are done with it.

Today, is it inequality and segregation? It's CERTAINLY not racism....

Great post and you are 100% correct. And I'm guessing he wonders why people care!LOL

Indeed.

Class warfare in the rest of the world has a much broader basis.

Plus, there are no Mexicans in China.

This is why I research terms like "Conservative". Conservative doesn't just mean "less spending", part of my perspective. It also means, "Lack or unwillingness to change". This is why I call myself a Progressive thinker but a Conservative spender.

Aren't we all equal? Why do we need quota's to favor others more than the other guy.

How racist.
One would think so as all LAW was supposed to treat ALL the same...except if YOU are one making law...OR a supposed minority.

Everyone should be treated the same. This law was clearly made because of racism and sexism which is still screaming loud today.

Define Affirmative Action. Give me some stats. A lot of people are claiming that AA is taking away from the white people...show me how AA has negatively impacted whites. Not a loaded question, I am not a big fan of AA, but I am less of a fan of institutionalized discrimination.

Meritocracy is what progressives fear most.

Post-racial America can never be achieved as long as there are programs like these.

So you believe that America is "post-racial" today. Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Meritocracy is what progressives fear most.

Post-racial America can never be achieved as long as there are programs like these.

So you believe that America is "post-racial" today. Thanks for contributing to the thread.
I have no idea how you got to that. I suppose it's my fault for assuming an elementary reading comprehension for most.

:eek:

It is unconstitutional per the Supreme Court and violates the 14th amendment which guarantees equal protection under the law for all citzens.

Next Question?

The Supreme Court did not find AA unconstitutional. It can still exist.

What the did find, was that the majority can vote to outlaw it. Thus their ruling was that it exists at the whim of the majority...

Which is probably just fine for you in Michigan, but not ok for you in Texas, where soon, whites will not be a majority.

How racist.
One would think so as all LAW was supposed to treat ALL the same...except if YOU are one making law...OR a supposed minority.

Everyone should be treated the same. This law was clearly made because of racism and sexism which is still screaming loud today.
Is that why Holder/Obama enforce selectively laws? Really>?

MORON

Forum List

Back