🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

After Benghazi revelations, heads will roll

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
This is from a person who certainly should be objective. He at first didn't believe the allegations but now is not so sure.

Why I think this is important is because this same administration, who has shown clearly not to be honest, is killing Americans with Hellfire missiles. All on their say and the say of the CIA whom they pressured to change their report on Benghazi.

From the article:

BBC News - After Benghazi revelations, heads will roll

Black and white

In the interests of full disclosure I have to say I have not in the past been persuaded that allegations of a cover-up were a big deal. It seemed to me a partisan attack based on very little.

I remember listening to reports from the BBC and others at the time that did suggest the attack in Benghazi was a spontaneous reaction to a rather puerile anti-Islamic video.

I understand President Barack Obama's careful use of the word "terrorism" when it actually means something, rather than as a knee-jerk description of any violence by foreigners against Americans, often in order to justify a "war on terror".

But the evidence is there in black and white, unless we doubt the documents obtained by ABC, which I don't.

Mr Obama's critics are often not very clear what is behind their allegations. I presume they think that the White House wanted to avoid claims the murders were the result of terrorism because this would undermine his claim that al-Qaeda was seriously "degraded". There's also a vague sense he's "soft on terror".

Last edited:
I do think that the left feared it could cost them the election. They didn't use common sense when deciding how to react to the attack.

I think Obama's approval rating would have come up had he been proactive in preventing the attack by removing our people after threats were made or had he been aggressive in trying to rescue them once the attack started. We like a president who stands up for Americans.

Even though he was out there bragging about how al Qaeda was seriously weakened, we all know that they don't give up. Had he denounced terrorism from the start and vowed to find those responsible, we could get behind that. Being lied to about who did it and why and then waiting for months for the administration to cooperate with the investigation just pisses people off. He blew it. He reacted stupidly and lied. Big mistake. Trust is out the window and many on the left resent him for that.

Even some in the liberal media are starting to realize that this is serious. They are wondering now if there was a cover up.

Even CNN admits Benghazi talking points 'were edited to the point of inaccuracy'
Politics: Even CNN admits Benghazi talking points 'were edited to the point of inaccuracy' | CainTV

I do think that the left feared it could cost them the election. They didn't use common sense when deciding how to react to the attack.

I think Obama's approval rating would have come up had he been proactive in preventing the attack by removing our people after threats were made or had he been aggressive in trying to rescue them once the attack started. We like a president who stands up for Americans.

Even though he was out there bragging about how al Qaeda was seriously weakened, we all know that they don't give up. Had he denounced terrorism from the start and vowed to find those responsible, we could get behind that. Being lied to about who did it and why and then waiting for months for the administration to cooperate with the investigation just pisses people off. He blew it. He reacted stupidly and lied. Big mistake. Trust is out the window and many on the left resent him for that.

Even some in the liberal media are starting to realize that this is serious. They are wondering now if there was a cover up.

Even CNN admits Benghazi talking points 'were edited to the point of inaccuracy'
Politics: Even CNN admits Benghazi talking points 'were edited to the point of inaccuracy' | CainTV

Good points. I think he may also have been thinking that hey we just bombed the crap out of these people I don't want people back home thinking I screwed up with them now attacking us. And we certainly don't want to spoil our relations with them by bombing them even more. Besides before they could have done anything, other then not send them into a death trap, the ambassador was dead, the others were to fend for themselves, Obama was sleeping.

I'm truly interested in how this will play out ... all the way around. This has been the least transparent administration in recent memory.

Don't need to hear about Watergate ... that was a political disgrace as well.

Right now, it looks like Nuland is being set up to take the fall, for which she'll be rewarded with some lucrative lobbyist job or perhaps one at the Clinton Library/Slush Fund.

20 seconds of quick response gun camera footage of our teams kicking some terrorist ass would have bought Obama lots of political upside.

He held them back.

20 seconds of quick response gun camera footage of our teams kicking some terrorist ass would have bought Obama lots of political upside.

He held them back.

You're lying - because you don't know that for a fact.

Fact no.

Highly probable political upside of gun camera footage showing QRF SPECOPS teams trying to rescue our men ? Certainly.

For fucks sake look at the upside OBL has ben milked for.

I was always on the fence about Benghazi, but agreed the administration was covering something up. While I still believe the right is too rabid on the issue, I think these "revelations" are damaging. In the long run it will be most damaging to Obama, who already has his second term. I am still of the opinion that if Hillary runs in 2016 it will mean nothing. In partisan politics transgressions are quickly forgotten. Mark Sanford, anyone?

After Benghazi revelations, heads will roll

and roll they should!

this Benghazi criminal cover-up is no chopped liver for the thugs in this Administration.

Forum List

Back