🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

after seeing the new video, why isn't Ray Rice in jail?

It's up to her? That seems completely asinine. What if she fears for her safety?
I agree with you, but she married him after this incident.

She married a $50M NFL contract.

He is a criminal and should be in jail.

She's a prostitute with a very high price tag, but that doesn't justify getting knocked out cold or ever being hit or assaulted by him or anyone.
Your last paragraph is completely baseless.

Really? Then please explain this. Is she an idiot or a prostitute or both?

"""Janay Palmer is finally breaking her silence about the video showing Ray Rice beating the crap out of her in a hotel elevator -- defending Ray and blaming the media.

In a post from her Instagram page Tuesday morning, and verified by the Baltimore Sun, Janay Rice writes, "I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend. But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare in itself."

She continued, "No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing. To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass of for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific."

Rice ended the post by saying, "THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

Read more: Ray Rice s Wife -- Hey Media YOU Ruined Our Lives TMZ.com

She is a very typical abuse victim.

Like you would know except by what you see in the media.....

As I have said, she's a psychological prisoner but at the same time an obvious opportunist.

But for making a public statement like this, she's also an idiot.

I'm confused as to how you can beat a woman like that & remain a free man.
The Rich don't go to jail; they hire lawyers.
Please get help with your communistic impulses.
Umm wut....
Stop with the HATING.
The Rich are different.
They don't go to jail.
That's why we have all these poor people.

Janay Rice is upset because she's going to have to go out and get a job now.

She was literally willing to take it on the chin, the face, the head for this guy and his $50,000,000.

I'm confused as to how you can beat a woman like that & remain a free man.
The Rich don't go to jail; they hire lawyers.
Please get help with your communistic impulses.
Umm wut....
Stop with the HATING.
The Rich are different.
They don't go to jail.
That's why we have all these poor people.

Janay Rice is upset because she's going to have to go out and get a job now.

She was literally willing to take it on the chin, the face, the head for this guy and his $50,000,000.
I guess it might depend on how much of Ray's contract is guaranteed; hopefully, he won't turn up on Inside NFL.

It s Not Just Ray Rice Dave Zirin on the NFL s History of Condoning Domestic Abuse Democracy Now

Rice should be prosecuted, but her refusal screws things up legally.

Here's what I'm afraid what you're going to see going forward. The NFL is going to have to adopt some really harsh rules regarding domestic violence. They'll probably come out with a two strikes and you're permanently out. One strike, and maybe a season suspension as well as a huge monetary fine, along with anger management.

Okay, now that sounds good, but I'm afraid there could easily be a downside. Wives and girlfriends of players obviously love their status as well as the money pouring in. This means once heavy duty penalties come down, these wives and girlfriends may then become reluctant to say a word if they are beat up by their player boyfriend or husband.

I'm not suggesting they should hide it, but I'm afraid that's likely to happen when they know they could destroy their hubby's career permanently.

It's up to her? That seems completely asinine. What if she fears for her safety?
He already went through the system and was given a kiss on the wrist. She married him AFTER the assault....that used to work but now a woman who's a victim of her husband before they married can be coerced to testify against him on that charge. The message here to women is think twice before you get physical with an athlete or military man.....his every instinct will be to end the attack with overwhelming force.

Forum List

Back