Again With All These Proposed Name Changes.What Next? Oreo Cookies? That's Such A Racist Name For A Cookie !!!

LeeOnLido

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2018
so today we are hearing that any town called "Plantation" needs to change their name. Anything with the word "Dixie" has got to go. Cracker is also being deleted! so what next? Oreo Cookies? Yah? and what are we supposed to change that name to? Bi-Sexual Cookie? Transgender Cookie? Black Cookie With Racist White Cream In The Middle?

Good point, Oreo cookies does offend me. No wonder I've been buying Chips Ahoy.

Aren't Chips Ahoy names after pirates more or less? Pirates had slaves, raped and pillaged. Chips remind me of police right.

so today we are hearing that any town called "Plantation" needs to change their name. Anything with the word "Dixie" has got to go. Cracker is also being deleted! so what next? Oreo Cookies? Yah? and what are we supposed to change that name to? Bi-Sexual Cookie? Transgender Cookie? Black Cookie With Racist White Cream In The Middle?
I guess bananas have to go too. They are an insult to Asian Americans: yellow on the outside, white in the middle.

Look on the bright side -- if what a private company in a free market economy decides to change its name to is what is bothering you -- then you have a pretty good life.....maybe not as good as mine since I give zero fucks what name they change to, but still pretty good tho....

They will be forced to take the white stuff out of the middle.
they already have

1592605535521.png

You know, when Oreo's first came out, there was no racial bias associated with them. It was only later that Oreo became a racial slur meaning white on the inside, black on the outside. Basically the same as calling someone an Uncle Tom.

But, the way the cookie was originally named? Nobody really knows for sure, and there are several theories out there...............................

When the cookie was first introduced in 1912, it appeared as an Oreo Biscuit, which changed in 1921 to an Oreo Sandwich. There was another name change in 1937 to Oreo Creme Sandwich before the company settled on the name that was decided upon in 1974: Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookie. Despite the roller coaster of official name changes, most people have always referred to the cookie simply as an "Oreo."

So where did the "Oreo" part even come from? The people at Nabisco aren't quite sure anymore. Some believe that the cookie's name was taken from the French word for gold, or (the main color on early Oreo packaging).

Others claim the name stemmed from the hill-shaped test version that never even made it to store shelves, inspiring the cookie prototype to be named the Greek word for mountain, oreo.

Some speculate that the name is a combination of taking the "re" from "cream" and sandwiching it, just like the cookie, between the two "o"s in "chocolate"—making "o-re-o."

Still others offer the bare explanation that the cookie was named Oreo because it was short, fun, and easy to pronounce.

Though the true naming process may never be revealed, that has not affected Oreo sales. As of 2019, it was estimated that 450 billion Oreo cookies have been sold since 1912, planting it firmly at the top of cookie sales and winning over the hearts of millions.

No, I don't really think that Oreo will change it's name anytime soon, as neither the name nor the logo had any connection to racial stereotypes when they first came up with it. You conservatives gotta quit making mountains out of molehills.

Ha-ha! Good one, Lee!

You know, when Oreo's first came out, there was no racial bias associated with them. It was only later that Oreo became a racial slur meaning white on the inside, black on the outside. Basically the same as calling someone an Uncle Tom.

But, the way the cookie was originally named? Nobody really knows for sure, and there are several theories out there...............................

When the cookie was first introduced in 1912, it appeared as an Oreo Biscuit, which changed in 1921 to an Oreo Sandwich. There was another name change in 1937 to Oreo Creme Sandwich before the company settled on the name that was decided upon in 1974: Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookie. Despite the roller coaster of official name changes, most people have always referred to the cookie simply as an "Oreo."

So where did the "Oreo" part even come from? The people at Nabisco aren't quite sure anymore. Some believe that the cookie's name was taken from the French word for gold, or (the main color on early Oreo packaging).

Others claim the name stemmed from the hill-shaped test version that never even made it to store shelves, inspiring the cookie prototype to be named the Greek word for mountain, oreo.

Some speculate that the name is a combination of taking the "re" from "cream" and sandwiching it, just like the cookie, between the two "o"s in "chocolate"—making "o-re-o."

Still others offer the bare explanation that the cookie was named Oreo because it was short, fun, and easy to pronounce.

Though the true naming process may never be revealed, that has not affected Oreo sales. As of 2019, it was estimated that 450 billion Oreo cookies have been sold since 1912, planting it firmly at the top of cookie sales and winning over the hearts of millions.

No, I don't really think that Oreo will change it's name anytime soon, as neither the name nor the logo had any connection to racial stereotypes when they first came up with it. You conservatives gotta quit making mountains out of molehills.
And PLEASE don't forget the milk! Preferably lactose-free. Thank you.

I guess bananas have to go too. They are an insult to Asian Americans: yellow on the outside, white in the middle.
Yep. Bad bananas, VERY bad bananas! But they DO taste great, especially on a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. Thank you very much!

Aren't Chips Ahoy names after pirates more or less? Pirates had slaves, raped and pillaged. Chips remind me of police right.
To say NOTHING of the dog!

How about generic names foods like "Chocolate Cake" and other flavors.

What about "Dark Chocolate" is that next? u know, some of us racist white people eat dark chocolate daily! better keep dem dark chocolates on the shelf !!!!

Forum List

Back