Aging Poorly

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
I notice some older TV shows and/or episodes therein seem based on social norms or assumptions that are seen quite differently today. It is anthropologically interesting but somewhat disquieting.

I notice some older TV shows and/or episodes therein seem based on social norms or assumptions that are seen quite differently today. It is anthropologically interesting but somewhat disquieting.

The shows are probably ok. It is modern society that is likely the problem.

I will go first. This show is fine. It is only modern day pussies that are a problem.

1595006999306.png

Just watched a couple of episodes of "Good Times" the other night. Eerie that some of the topics on the show (from 1976) were directly related to today.

Old shows are a good library of how our society has evolved over the years.
I'm more of an old move guy....like reflecting back on the 80's the most. Trading Places (1983), Wall Street (1987), Scarface (1983), Crocodile Dundee (1986)....

The sitcoms looking back...my favorites are Jeannie, Bewitched, Andy Griffith show ( I don't know why) Benny Hill, Flying Circus, Sanford & Son and HBO's NNTN was a classic...

Last edited:
The shows are probably ok. It is modern society that is likely the problem.

I will go first. This show is fine. It is only modern day pussies that are a problem.

View attachment 364398
That is a good example of what was at the time accepted (and, I think, offered) with innocent ignorance not intending offense, but could be expected to be more complicated today.

On an unrelated note, there was this one Korean gal I knew long ago who really, really (really) did the Daisy Duke look fantastically.

That is a good example of what was at the time accepted (and, I think, offered) with innocent ignorance not intending offense, but could be expected to be more complicated today.

On an unrelated note, there was this one Korean gal I knew long ago who really, really (really) did the Daisy Duke look fantastically.

ANd my points stands. It was not "ignorance". It was in full knowledge that the Flag was a harmless symbol of regional pride.

And yes, Daisy did have some fine fashion tips for young women.

Just watched a couple of episodes of "Good Times" the other night. Eerie that some of the topics on the show (from 1976) were directly related to today.

Nothing eerie about it. If you deep dive into really old speeches and such and you will see most of the stiff today is just rehashed from decades, sometimes centuries ago. The only thing fresh are the bodies spewing it.

Nothing eerie about it. If you deep dive into really old speeches and such and you will see most of the stiff today is just rehashed from decades, sometimes centuries ago. The only thing fresh are the bodies spewing it.

As a society, we are stuck. Any actual progress has been completely stopped by the vile libs.

To some, but obviously not to all.

To the nation as as whole, for well over 5 generations.

That we let a few rabble rousers define it now and bully a whole region of white people, over issues that were moot before our grandparents were born,

is a testimony to how screwed up we are as a society TODAY, not an issue with tv show, The Dukes of Hazzard.

As a society, we are stuck. Any actual progress has been completely stopped by the vile libs.

Democrats don't want solutions, they want "the issue" to campaign on and that is it. It is why I stopped supporting them early on. Strictly Green/3rd party for me.

The first show/episode that comes to my mind is the season five episode of my most favorite show named Perfect Strangers. This is one of the few times that I don't want to strangle Larry. I am so glad that he doesn't just stand and let Balki be treated like dirt in perhaps the worst way possible!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. This episode was first shown on February 23, 1990.

What I noticed, before cancelling cable altogether, that watching old TV shows on HD on a 43" TV showed the make up too vividly in the close ups- it stands out from watching Gunsmoke when it was in Black (can I say that) and White-

Forum List

Back