🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ahmed didn't build a clock

Wow. This is a 14 yr old kid, who's done nothing wrong...and folks are so hateful they have to tear him down? Unreal.

He gutted an old clock rather than build his own and put it in a brief case.
and the kid wants to go to MIT?

Irving resident makes his second bid for election as President of Sudan

Was this about the kid or about publicity for the election?

And Obama wants to invite the kid to the white house

So what - his teacher thought enough about it to tell him to bring it to class?

What did he do that deserved being HANDCUFFED, interrogated without access parents or lawyer??????? Seriously????? I don't care how clever the clock was - he should NEVER have been treated that way. What's more, the conservative media is predictably ripping apart his character and his family in a media frenzy. Invited to the White House? GOOD for him!

He is just a 14 year old kid. He is not a criminal. He is an American Citizen and he has rights.

"We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great."

There is truth in that statement - whether the kid is great or not, it should be encouraged and instead all you guys can do is tear his character down. A kid. Geez.

Student's creative clock draws police -- and White House invitation
Ahmed, who has won awards for his inventions, said he created the clock over the weekend and brought it to school to show an engineering teacher. Ahmed's case created a storm of support on social media, with #IStandWithAhmed trending on Twitter. Hillary Clinton tweeted support, and technology and engineering giants also chimed in.

The kid is in the school robotics club and he has won awards for his projects. The clock was a minor thing but all that is ignored in the frenzy.

Disgusted.
It pretty much shows us the character, not of this boy, but of those on the Far Right trying as hard as they can to tear him and his family down.

Can any liberals tell us what time Hockmeds "clock" was displaying in the photo? Because I sure couldnt. I didn't even see a clock. I saw a metal case with a circuit board and a bunch of wires and a power strip surge protector. No clock tbiugh.
Did it ever occur to you that maybe it's OFF? Think about that for a while see if that make sense to you.
The 'clock' was fucking TICKING in the metal case asshole!
A plug in clock ticking?

The kid is in the school robotics club and he has won awards for his projects. The clock was a minor thing but all that is ignored in the frenzy.

Disgusted.

So a kid that builds robots, transfers a clock to a briefcase... and felt that this warranted bringing to school to show his teachers?

LOL! Adorable... .

I am thinking of the sandy hook shooter. or the Oklahoma city bombers or the Virginia tech shooter. I don't care, if someone had the guts to screen these jerks out, we might be short a mass slaughter. So what about this Amahed guy? What else should the screeners do?

if Ahmmhead was just some regular white kid names "John Andrews", do you think Bambi would of invited him to the white house to try out Michelle Obama meals?

Disgusted.

So a kid that builds robots, transfers a clock to a briefcase... and felt that this warranted bringing to school to show his teachers?

LOL! Adorable... .

He's a 14 yr old kid dude, without any priors. His TEACHER suggested he bring it in. Did you get that part or did it, like most facts, fly right over your pointy little head?

I am thinking of the sandy hook shooter. or the Oklahoma city bombers or the Virginia tech shooter. I don't care, if someone had the guts to screen these jerks out, we might be short a mass slaughter. So what about this Amahed guy? What else should the screeners do?

He's a 14 yr old kid. With no history of problems. A star student. Maybe the screeners should use some common sense? And you compare him to the OKC bomber and the VA tech shooter? Give me a break. Sit down.

Disgusted.

LOL! Adorable... .

He's a 14 yr old kid dude, without any priors. His TEACHER suggested he bring it in. Did you get that part or did it, like most facts, fly right over your pointy little head?

"He's a 14 yr Muslim Male dude"

Young Muslim Males are building and detonating those devices, murdering people by THE GROSS: all over the planet.

I've been in the electronics business my entire life... and a kid that builds systems with switched actuators, motors and any sense of automation, isn't going to be seeking attention for transferring a gutted clock to a briefcase.

Let's assume for the sake of argument, that the kid is entirely innocent... and an intellectually crippled moron, with no means to understand that what he built was among the most dangerous devices, responsible for murdering HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE... by YOUNG MUSLIM MEN... we certainly can't provide the benefit of that assumption, for the Teachers.

So, it is simply not reasonable to believe that this circumstance is the result of an innocent kid looking to show off his means to transfer a clock to a briefcase.

The kid wanted to be harassed and get his 15 minutes... and collect some 'victim fee'.

In the process, he has provided the information sufficient for his addle-minded, chronic-victim-coveting peers to build and either injure themselves... or murder a ton of kids at their school. And that sets aside the actual jihadist providing a kid with such and giving them a chance to take a run at those virgins.

So, spare me the 'there's no reason to suspect a young muslim male with 80% of an IED in a US Public School', nonsense.

Disgusted.

LOL! Adorable... .

Young Muslim Males are building and detonating those devices, murdering people by THE GROSS: all over the planet.

I've been in the electronics business my entire life... and a kid that builds systems with switched actuators, motors and any sense of automation, isn't going to be seeking attention for transferring a gutted clock to a briefcase.

Let's assume for the sake of argument, that the kid is entirely innocent... and an intellectually crippled moron, with no means to understand that what he built was among the most dangerous devices, responsible for murdering HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE... by YOUNG MUSLIM MEN... we certainly can't provide the benefit of that assumption, for the Teachers.

So, it is simply not reasonable to believe that this circumstance is the result of an innocent kid looking to show off his means to transfer a clock to a briefcase.

The kid wanted to be harassed and get his 15 minutes... and collect some 'victim fee'.

In the process, he has provided the information sufficient for his addle-minded, chronic-victim-coveting peers to build and either injure themselves... or murder a ton of kids at their school. And that sets aside the actual jihadist providing a kid with such and giving them a chance to take a run at those virgins.

So, spare me the 'there's no reason to suspect a young muslim male with 80% of an IED in a US Public School', nonsense.

He's a 14 yr old American Citizen who was asked to bring his clock in by a teacher. get a grip.

Disgusted.

LOL! Adorable... .

Um no.

The teacher asked him to bring it in.

Disgusted.

LOL! Adorable... .

Um no.

Link? Because that is the first time I have heard anyone claim that. I have heard from several sources that it was his initiative.

This Is Ahmed Mohamed's Clock | Make:
...Turns out, it doesn’t look much like a bomb at all. Unless of course, you’ve never seen an actual bomb (which, I’d garner, most of us haven’t).

We examined the clock photo after its release and, while we’re pleased with Ahmed’s gumption, we’re also charmed by the innocence of the build.

For starters, the case, mistakenly referred to as a briefcase by some outlets, appears to be a simple child’s pencil box (see the power plug on the right side as the “banana for scale”).

Inside it, the electronics appear less as a combination of miscellaneous parts wired together into a timepiece, and more so as simply the guts of a standard digital alarm clock. Seen are a big seven-segment display, a transformer for stepping down the line voltage, 9-volt connector for power-outage battery backup, plus the control board with buttons to set the clock, and the main board that connects all the pieces together, attached to the display by a wide ribbon cable.

Ahmed should be proud of his build. All 14-year-olds possess curiosity about taking things apart and putting them together; this is integral to learning and growing, which allows us to understand and master technology. It’s an extremely unfortunate situation that none of his teachers were able to understand the build, nor his intention to connect with them and find someone to foster his creative desires...

Disgusted.

LOL! Adorable... .

Um no.

Link? Because that is the first time I have heard anyone claim that. I have heard from several sources that it was his initiative.

You're right - I thought it was the opposite :)

Disgusted.

LOL! Adorable... .

I seriously doubt you are in the electronic business based from our previous arguments. Two days later you still continue to tear this kid around with your hatred.
The principal called the cop which had all the right. The cop interrogated the kid, they look at the clock, there are no explosives, no detonator...
So why in the world they didn't just close the case instead they suspend him and make it a big deal.
And here you are people continue that he is suspect trying very hard to take him down. Some even comparing him Timothy McVei. How sickening is that. Give me a break.

Disgusted.

LOL! Adorable... .
Do you want me to educate you AGAIN about analog and digital? You claimed you are in the electronic business and yet you don't even understand what this kid did. Why do you think he got invited to MIT? Give it a break.

Disgusted.

LOL! Adorable... .
Do you want me to educate you AGAIN about analog and digital? You claimed you are in the electronic business and yet you don't even understand what this kid did. Why do you think he got invited to MIT? Give it a break.
No charges for Muslim student after clock mistaken for bomb
The teen explained to The Dallas Morning News that he makes his own radios, repairs his own go-kart and on Sunday spent about 20 minutes before bedtime assembling the clock using a circuit board, a power supply wired to a digital display and other items.​

He bought a clock and transferred it to a pencil case. Something is fishy about this entire story

Engineer Claims Ahmed Mohamed Didn’t Invent Digital Clock, Just Transferred it to Pencil Case

Unless you’ve had your head planted firmly somewhere dark and extremely smelly, you’ve no doubt seen all of the hoopla being made over a Muslim boy who made a digital clock and then was arrested because his teacher thought it might be a bomb.

Liberals wasted no time turning this into their latest pet cause, as social justice warriors online immediately created a hashtag — #IStandWithAhmed — because you can’t rail and rage against the deeply rooted — and highly mythical — racism toward Muslims that was clearly expressed in this case without a hashtag.

Feel free to do a little eye roll.

Anyway, according to an engineer’s blog post on Artvoice, Ahmed didn’t actually make a digital clock. He took apart an existing clock from the 1970s and simply transplanted its guts into the pencil case he picked up off Amazon.

This individual has an engineering degree and a love for all things electronics and thought it would be cool to reverse engineer the clock built by Ahmed, because well, he’s the kind of guy who gets a kick out of doing such things.

According to him and his research, that’s when he made the discovery about Ahmed’s “invention.”

"So I turned to eBay, searching for vintage alarm clocks. It only took a minute to locate Ahmed’s clock. See this eBay listing, up at the time of this writing. Amhed’s clock was invented, and built, by Micronta, a Radio Shack subsidary. Catalog number 63 756."

Oh Boy! This is What Happened When Ahmed's "Clock" was Reverse Engineered...

the whole thing is trivial------a personal anecdote-----the principal of my son's school---CALLED THE COPS-----because my kid made a joke related to the movie "THE ENGLISH PATIENT" (a really dull film) in which someone tried to kill a person
on the ground by running him over with an AIRPLANE------silly idea---the pilot was
the one who got injured. My kid kinda THREATENED (sorta) to do to a replay
of that nutty scene--------THE COPS!!!!!!!!! ----------my kid was suspended for a week for the joke------ALMOST ARRESTED -----------the incident did not make the
news----------after-all------WE IS WHITE (almost albino) JOOOS ----please note------the idiot pilot in the film is A LIMEY-----really stupid bloody limey. Do not bother to watch the film------it is -----so dull you end up feeling that they STOLE
part of your life
What's wrong with being a Limey?

Forum List

Back