Airlines Want to Ban Disruptive Passengers - Republicans Say No

I think all those BLM savages burning down buildings and assaulting people were endangering the safety of normal people. They should never be allowed to be on the street again.
If you could just tweak that & make it GENUINELY peaceful Trump supporters who lose their sidewalk privileges, I'm sure the Democrats would go for it.

Oh, so now the FAA is lying?
No. You are.

from the OP’s link.

“Earlier this month, Delta Air Lines chief executive Ed Bastian sent a letter to Garland urging him to support industry efforts to create a national list that would bar those convicted of onboard incidents from travel. Airlines maintain their own lists of passengers who are barred from traveling but don’t share information with other carriers. Bastian said Delta has 1,900 people on its no-fly list.”

Yes, I know that is the lame excuse they give, but really think about it.

Would a Christian use a pentagram as an avatar to attack atheist?

Would a Muslim use a cross as an avatar to attack Christians?

Nobody that did not want to be associated with Nazis would use the swastika
The donkey is the democrats

and the swastika is on the donkey accusing the dems of being fascists

The donkey is the democrats

and the swastika is on the donkey accusing the dems of being fascists

whatever helps them sleep at night. It would be better if they were just honest about who they are.

whatever helps them sleep at night. It would be better if they were just honest about who they are.
I didnt realize you had become so radical

you’re smart enough to know that my explanation is the correct one

have you become that dedicated to the democrat/lib brand?

I didnt realize you had become so radical

you’re smart enough to know that my explanation is the correct one

have you become that dedicated to the democrat/lib brand?

Your explanation is a cop out. have you become that dedicated to Nazi theology?

No. You are.

from the OP’s link.

“Earlier this month, Delta Air Lines chief executive Ed Bastian sent a letter to Garland urging him to support industry efforts to create a national list that would bar those convicted of onboard incidents from travel. Airlines maintain their own lists of passengers who are barred from traveling but don’t share information with other carriers. Bastian said Delta has 1,900 people on its no-fly list.”

So what does that have to do with my statement? Sorry, but typical of leftists OP's, it's a paywall so nobody outside of subscribers can read it. But, ABC is not a paywall site, and here is what they reported:

2021 saw a major spike in unruly passengers, with more than 5,981 reported cases, according to the FAA. The agency notes, of those cases, 4290 were mask-related.

No. You are.

from the OP’s link.

My right of center view is not in favor of a federal "no fly" because a passenger is unruly (i.e. not terrorist related), unless convicted in a court of law for assault or conveying a threat of death or serious bodily injury to flight crew or other passengers.

Individual airlines are free, since they are private property, to maintain their own access (really non-access) list. The major airline companies can even develop a non-governmental data share system where they can choose to apply another companies internal "flight suspension list" - or not. But that would be a private system, not a function of government and up to them to take action. And with massive IT systems that airlines have, adding a "flight suspension list" would not be that difficult.

WW

Re: this thread

The libs cannot argue facts anymore and must rely on demonizing biden/trudeau critics as nazis as their only argument

dont you agree Mac1958 ?

Re: this thread

The libs cannot argue facts anymore and must rely on demonizing biden/trudeau critics as nazis as their only argument

dont you agree Mac1958 ?

They will argue facts, but only half-assed facts. The dummy up when you present (as Paul Harvey used to say) the rest of the story.

So what does that have to do with my statement? Sorry, but typical of leftists OP's, it's a paywall so nobody outside of subscribers can read it. But, ABC is not a paywall site, and here is what they reported:

2021 saw a major spike in unruly passengers, with more than 5,981 reported cases, according to the FAA. The agency notes, of those cases, 4290 were mask-related.

:eusa_doh:
The entire premise of the thread is Senators speaking against this idea that was proposed by the industry and only would affect those convicted of onboard incidents.

You’re talking about nothing relevant to that.

My right of center view is not in favor of a federal "no fly" because a passenger is unruly (i.e. not terrorist related), unless convicted in a court of law for assault or conveying a threat of death or serious bodily injury to flight crew or other passengers.

Individual airlines are free, since they are private property, to maintain their own access (really non-access) list. The major airline companies can even develop a non-governmental data share system where they can choose to apply another companies internal "flight suspension list" - or not. But that would be a private system, not a function of government and up to them to take action. And with massive IT systems that airlines have, adding a "flight suspension list" would not be that difficult.

WW
The suggestion by the industry stipulated that it would only apply to those convicted of onboard incidents. You literally are agreeing with the proposal made.

The suggestion by the industry stipulated that it would only apply to those convicted of onboard incidents. You literally are agreeing with the proposal made.

Wrong.
There is a big difference between convicted of ANY onboard incident and one involving harm, violence, assault, etc,

The reality is that most onboard incidents I read about, the airline was at fault.
They always win in court because they have the big bucks lawyers, but they are almost always abusing rights, making up law, dictating power they are not supposed to have, etc.

Anyone siding with the airline industry seems problematic to me, because they are the ones doing so many things wrong.
For example, if not for airlines, there would not even have ever been a covid epidemic in the US.
It is the single most useless, wasteful, and harmful industry on the entire planet.
People should just be using Zoom meetings instead of flying around.

The reality is that the whole TSA likely is illegal and should be disbanded.
Airport security should be local, and rules for airlines customers should be set by the FAA and convictions should be tracked by the FBI.
The TSA appears to be totally corrupt and in bed with the airlines.

Last edited:

BTW - Here is the Delta Airlines CEO's letter to Garland -->> DocumentCloud

For a federal no fly list for non-terrorist's activities (i.e. unruly passengers convicted of a crime though assault or conveying a threat of death or serious bodily injury to flight crew or passengers)? Yes.

For airlines as a private company being able to maintain their own internal no fly list without conviction and the ability to share those lists with other airlines who can then choose to honor or not those lists? Yes

WW

Forum List

Back