Alabama cheif justice says the 1st Amendment is only for Christians

He said Buddha and Mohammed didn't create us.

At no time did he say the first amendment was only for Christians.

The thread title is a lie.

Duh. Just what was he saying? Hmmm? Elaborate if you dare.

What he said is in the video. Why do you want someone to re-state what is there? The OP claimed that he said the First Amendment is for Christians only. He didn't say that. If you can't verify it, then you have to admit, the thread title is a lie.

I'm not going to repeat, idiotically, what is in a film clip just 3 or 4 posts above. You can hear, I take it. Listen to the clip and hear for yourself what he said. Should I see if there's a transcript available? I don't know why there would be, there's nothing remarkable about his statements...except that they aren't as the OP presented them.

He already did elaborate. The justice did not say that the first amendment is for Christians only.

Your thread title is a lie.

You've had several people call you on it.

I don't understand this forum...does everybody get to violate the stated rules? Are they really old or something?

What he said is in the video. Why do you want someone to re-state what is there? The OP claimed that he said the First Amendment is for Christians only. He didn't say that. If you can't verify it, then you have to admit, the thread title is a lie.

The article? That's the way most intelligent people interpreted it.

YOU?... What do YOU think the chief justice meant with his bold statements? If you are not willing to intelligently discuss... I say YOU are the farce here.

He already did elaborate. The justice did not say that the first amendment is for Christians only.

Your thread title is a lie.

You've had several people call you on it.

I don't understand this forum...does everybody get to violate the stated rules? Are they really old or something?

Well for God's sake... just what did the chief justice say? What did he imply? Tell us in your own words if you dare.

The Judge was correct in saying that the First Amendment only applied to the God of Abraham in the scriptures. That's why muslims are cultists, and should not be protected by the First. However, Jews, Mormans, and perhaps others believe in the same God as Christians generally.

So Pagans, Buddists, Hindus, and atheists aren't covered by the First Amendment?

Is that what you are saying?

If you are a true Christian you all ready know that. Was he being redundant? Or was he trying to tell you something else? Hmmm? Well? Discuss please. What was he really saying?

The Judge was correct in saying that the First Amendment only applied to the God of Abraham in the scriptures. That's why muslims are cultists, and should not be protected by the First. However, Jews, Mormans, and perhaps others believe in the same God as Christians generally.

Thank you for your interpretation of what the chief justice meant. The others are stuck on their talking points with no valid debating skills.

If you are a true Christian you all ready know that. Was he being redundant? Or was he trying to tell you something else? Hmmm? Well? Discuss please. What was he really saying?

What does that have to do with the OP?

What he was really saying was exactly what he said. I don't assign additional meanings to people. He said what he said. Obviously you have no problem pretending he said things other than what he did, but that's not my game. My only interest was to see if he really said what you said he said. And he didn't.

That's the end of my interest in the conversation.

So is it common for posters to post lies, then invite others to pretend that the object of the OP said more than what he actually did say?

Because that's extremely bizarre.

What does that have to do with the OP?

What he was really saying was exactly what he said. I don't assign additional meanings to people. He said what he said. Obviously you have no problem pretending he said things other than what he did, but that's not my game. My only interest was to see if he really said what you said he said. And he didn't.

That's the end of my interest in the conversation.

Exactly! That was the OP's obvious editorially opinion of what the chief justice said/meant. Deal with it. Since you obviously cannot... you ARE dismissed.

So is it common for posters to post lies, then invite others to pretend that the object of the OP said more than what he actually did say?

Because that's extremely bizarre.

Posters? This was an editorial article posted nation wide. Do you disagree? Tell us why? Other than attacking and shooting the messenger diatribe.

Last edited:
No, you deliberately misrepresented what the chIEf justice SAID.

We know because you said "Alabama cheif justice SAYS first amendment is only for Christians".

You do understand the difference between interpretations of what was said...and lying about what was said? If you were interpreting his words, you wouldn't have said he said something. You'd say "cheif justice thinks first amendment is only for christians" though of course that cannot be reasonably deducted from the clip at al, and is still pure conjecture. But it's a smidgen less like blatant lying than to say he SAID the first amendment is only for Christians.

I want to apologize, btw. I assumed you were attempting to say "Chief Justice" in the thread title, but I realize...maybe you were using the word "cheif" as a Christian name, like the name "Leif". Perhaps you weren't lying about the chief justice at all, but simply quoting a man named Alabama Cheif Justice.

In which case, I apologize profusely. Maybe A. Cheif Justice really did say the first amendment was only for Christians.

But the link, and the clip you provided do not show the Chief Justice saying anything even remotely like that.

I want to apologize, btw. I assumed you were attempting to say "Chief Justice" in the thread title, but I realize...maybe you were using the word "cheif" as a Christian name, like the name "Leif". Perhaps you weren't lying about the chief justice at all, but simply quoting a man named Alabama Cheif Justice.

In which case, I apologize profusely. Maybe A. Cheif Justice really did say the first amendment was only for Christians.

But the link, and the clip you provided do not show the Chief Justice saying anything even remotely like that.

Yes, I miss spelled the word "cheif" in the title thread. Sorry. I meant "chief". Apology accepted. Thank you. The Chief Justice may not have exactly said that but... we're trying to interpret what he really meant by his statements... that's all.

Again, what do you think he meant to really say? Your interpretation please.

Last edited:
"Buddha didn't create us, Mohammed didn't create us. It was the God of the Holy Scriptures."

That pretty much rounds it down since Americans don't know anything about Krishna other than what they experience at the airport. Was he talking about Odin or Zeus? Maybe Huitzilopochtli? Amaterasu? Bondye? No, he was talking about the God of the Holy Scriptures, sometimes called "the Bible".

If God is the guiding force for the current US Federal government then God is a failure.

Forum List

Back