Alabama LSU

That’s not a reason to a team in the PO.
It shouldn't be a reason, but it continually seems to be.

Big program bias exists, and with only 4 spots, usually 1 or 2 big programs get strong-armed in over lesser known teams. The tie goes to the elite program, and the elite program can lose but still considered for the playoffs.

It shouldn't be a reason, but it continually seems to be.

Big program bias exists, and with only 4 spots, usually 1 or 2 big programs get strong-armed in over lesser known teams. The tie goes to the elite program, and the elite program can lose but still considered for the playoffs.
I agree. The only people trying to keep the PO to fewer teams are the “elite” programs. The fans are the ones losing out

I agree. The only people trying to keep the PO to fewer teams are the “elite” programs. The fans are the ones losing out
I guess in 2026 it's expanding to 12 teams... which is still too long. I don't get the holdup.

I remember when a QB last year faked a slide, causing the defender to lax, and the QB instead took it to the house. The NCAA acted pretty much that very day to make rules.

We need teams to leave the NCAA, it's a bloated organization that does nothing for any of the athletes or programs.

I guess in 2026 it's expanding to 12 teams... which is still too long. I don't get the holdup.

I remember when a QB last year faked a slide, causing the defender to lax, and the QB instead took it to the house. The NCAA acted pretty much that very day to make rules.

We need teams to leave the NCAA, it's a bloated organization that does nothing for any of the athletes or programs.
There are far too many Div 1 FBS schools, 130 I think. They should break that up into 4-5 divisions and then have 12 team POs. Every week would be consequential. Every team would have a shot at a title. Fan bases would be far more engaged. It a win for everyone. You could even make it where the top 2 teams from the lower division move up to the higher and bottom 2 are regulated to the lower. That would allow teams to climb the ladder and also keep teams in lower divisions from gaining a monopoly.

There are far too many Div 1 FBS schools, 130 I think. They should break that up into 4-5 divisions and then have 12 team POs. Every week would be consequential. Every team would have a shot at a title. Fan bases would be far more engaged. It a win for everyone. You could even make it where the top 2 teams from the lower division move up to the higher and bottom 2 are regulated to the lower. That would allow teams to climb the ladder and also keep teams in lower divisions from gaining a monopoly.
It'd be great. The problem is, we have an immovable, interlinked swamp called the NCAA that doesn't want anything to change.

Forum List

Back