Alex Jones & Infowars must pay 14 family members of 8 Sandy Hook Elementary School victims, plus an FBI agent...a collective total of $965 Million

Oh my gosh!
I don’t think the amount will be upheld on appeal. Frankly, it shouldn’t even take an appeal. It should simply be rejected by the judge. And it doesn’t matter.

Let’s assume that Jones deserved to lose at trial for his verbal infliction of additional pain on the families of the murdered children. The measure of damages, etc., here, is facially absurd.

But the biggest thing is this. He won’t ever in this lifetime be able to pay. And we have no debtors’ prisons anymore. The plaintiffs will see precious little of the full or adjusted judgment.

Last edited:
Reported this afternoon:

• "The size of the damages is a sign that jurors found a defendant’s conduct particularly reprehensible and harmful – and as a way of deterring future wrongdoing."
  • "The state of Jones’s finances is murky. In the Texas trial, Bernard Pettingill, a forensic economist hired by the plaintiffs, estimated that Jones and his companies have a net worth of up to $270 million. Pettingill also said Jones withdrew $62 million in 2021."........earlier this year, Infowars and its parent company Free Speech Systems filed for bankruptcy protection."
  • William Aldenberg, a former FBI agent, responded to the scene of the shooting on Dec. 14, 2012. He too became a target of conspiracy theories.
    Mattei, the lawyer for the families, asked Aldenberg if what he saw in the school that day was fake. “No, no. No sir,” he responded. Mattei asked if there were any actors there. “No,” Aldenberg said, overcome with emotion. “It’s awful, awful.”
  • “Their children got slaughtered,” Aldenberg said, addressing the families. “I saw it myself, and now they have to sit here and listen to me say this."

Huh? How can you not be allowed to defend yourself? Sounds strangely similar to what they pulled on Bannon.

What country is this again?

It's not that the lying Sack-O-Shit Jones was not allowed to defend himself. It's that he was never allowed grandstand, which is what he wanted to do. The judge admonished the lawyers Jones hired more than one time. Jones deliberately made the lives of the parents of the children murdered pure hell.

Forum List

Back