Alien Life? You better hope God exists!

Evolution is a scientific theory. Your FAITH in God is not scientific or all.

Evolution does not explain origin of life, sorry!
Scientists think life starting on a new planet is common. Carbons cling then multiply. Rocks amino acids mold . You need water though. Too bad we probably will die before we discover life elsewhere

That's a faith-based speculation that has NEVER been proven with science. You cannot replicate the process in the most sophisticated lab environment with all the genetic tools and materials at your disposal. Carbon doesn't simply cling and multiply, mold doesn't spontaneously generate. That's a debunked theory from the mid 1800s disproved by Biogenesis.
Not true. They replicated what earth was like back then and mold formed.

I’ll believe the science show and Neal degrades Tyson over your nonsense

Nope. Molds form from spores, which are from living organisms.

Last edited:
so god made millions billions of stars/planets/etc ----that we can't even see ----for what purpose??
if not for other species than it's ridiculous--doesn't make sense
a lot of things god does doesn't make sense--but you want people to believe in it??!!!

Evolution is a scientific theory. Your FAITH in God is not scientific or all.

Evolution does not explain origin of life, sorry!
Scientists think life starting on a new planet is common. Carbons cling then multiply. Rocks amino acids mold . You need water though. Too bad we probably will die before we discover life elsewhere

That's a faith-based speculation that has NEVER been proven with science. You cannot replicate the process in the most sophisticated lab environment with all the genetic tools and materials at your disposal. Carbon doesn't simply cling and multiply, mold doesn't spontaneously generate. That's a debunked theory from the mid 1800s disproved by Biogenesis.
Not true. They replicated what earth was like back then and mold formed.

I’ll believe the science show and Neal degrades Tyson over your nonsense

Nope. Molds form from spores, which are from living organisms.
It’s all on YouTube how scientists think it might have happened and if any of them are disproven they are thrown out. Nothing definitive as evolution but they see ancient dna can stow away in rocks. Ass water presto in a relitively short time.

And they explain life started when you and I could not have survived.

There’s enough we know there’s no good reason why our theories aren’t possible. Your god did it hypothesis leaves us with more questions than answers

so god made millions billions of stars/planets/etc ----that we can't even see ----for what purpose??
if not for other species than it's ridiculous--doesn't make sense
a lot of things god does doesn't make sense--but you want people to believe in it??!!!
Think about how vague god is if you take away the stories that he visited and wrote holy books.

So anything you don’t know just say the creator must have done it. We don’t know how life got started on earth so god did it. But then ask how land animals got here they say the creator poofed them here. Simply ignorant primitive illogical nonsense

The chances that physics can create life are 100% true. Here we are... The chances that an imaginary "god" can create life are 0% true.

Why can't physics create life from inorganic materials?

I agree, an imaginary god can't create anything. God isn't imaginary.

You left out an important part of my post. The full post is:

The chances that physics can create life are 100% true. Here we are... The chances that an imaginary "god" can create life are 0% true. As many gods have existed throughout religious history, all created by man, and all different.

Man cannot create a god that creates man. That's the paradox of religion when faced with reality.

Countless religions have created countless "gods" that have all created man/life, and they all think they are right.

Why is your god right?

You left out an important part of my post.

No, I quoted the sentence I was interested in replying to. I don't engage in specious arguments I never made. You wanted to divert the topic and make the "many gods, which is true" argument. I haven't claimed any god is true or false because this isn't a religious or theological argument. I asked you why physics can't create life from inorganic materials and you've not answered me.

It’s all on YouTube how scientists think it might have happened and if any of them are disproven they are thrown out. Nothing definitive as evolution but they see ancient dna can stow away in rocks. Ass water presto in a relitively short time.

There’s enough we know there’s no good reason why our theories aren’t possible. Your god did it hypothesis leaves us with more questions than answers

There is nothing on YouTube explaining how abiogenesis is a fact. Sorry!

You obviously don't understand how the scientific method works. Theories are not true until proven invalid. If that's the case, then god created everything and that is true because you've not proved it invalid... see how that works?

DNA is not an element. DNA is the genetic coding of something already living. You cannot explain the origin of life by pointing to something that life created as your point of origin. That's just boneheaded stupidity.

You obviously don't understand how the scientific method works. Theories are not true until proven invalid. If that's the case, then god created everything and that is true because you've not proved it invalid... see how that works?

DNA is not an element. DNA is the genetic coding of something already living. You cannot explain the origin of life by pointing to something that life created as your point of origin. That's just boneheaded stupidity.
Yea cause I’m not a scientist but I listen to them before you David koresh and your religion of one

Ok so the answer is we don’t know not god must have done it.

How did he do it? Evolution or poof?

If a creator created us he did it be planting a seed. That means all life is related. Theists have the poof hypothesis.

This god also intentional murdered all the dinosaurs and moved a Moon here.

Yea cause I’m not a scientist but I listen to them before you David koresh and your religion of one

I listen to scientists too but I don't have blind faith in their theories or consider them facts. The only difference in us is, you worship at the alter of scientists. Neil DeIdiot Tyson is your Deity.

Ok so the answer is we don’t know not god must have done it.

How did he do it? Evolution or poof?

Let's be clear... Whether you believe in a god or a universe without god, something poofed life into existence because it's here. Evolution is the evolving of already existing life, it does not explain the ORIGIN of life. How many times does this point have to be made to penetrate your thick head?

Fundamentally, at some point... inorganic material "poofed" into life. You apparently believe in some kind of mystical cosmic magic you can't explain and I believe in spiritual nature. Neither of us can disprove the other but the fact remains, at some point, on some level, life "poofed" into existence.

I listen to scientists too but I don't have blind faith in their theories or consider them facts. The only difference in us is, you worship at the alter of scientists. Neil DeIdiot Tyson is your Deity.

You said this:
You see, I don't believe in such a God, so I agree... God certainly wouldn't rationalize as a human being and to take it a step further, God wouldn't be confined to the laws or principles of known physics either. God is a genderless Spiritual Energy... a thing, not a person.

Why would he have to have spiritual energy, can't it just be energy. Obviously you are not referring to the god of the bible either. We , people and everything alive are chemicals and water. One thing is for sure, life is special.

the formation of "intelligent life" never happens without certain cosmic events that aren't "normal" in terms of nature itself. If nothing had eliminated the dinosaurs, mammals like humans could've never existed.
Pure hogwash! Dinos were NOT the only form of life that existed before the biggest ones were killed off, so there is nothing to guarantee that they had to die off for humans to exist.

Setting aside religion, at some point, don't you have to consider the number of miraculous events which had to happen as they did, for intelligent life to exist here? What would be the odds of those same events happening elsewhere?
That "logic" is based on the pompous fallacious assumption that ALL intelligent life MUST be exactly like us!!! NOT a very intelligent assumption. To other possible intelligent life, YOU may be no more "intelligent" than an insect.

If a creator created us he did it be planting a seed. That means all life is related. Theists have the poof hypothesis.

This god also intentional murdered all the dinosaurs and moved a Moon here.

Okay, so... the moon is very important to life on Earth. It is the moon which keeps Earth in gyroscopic orbit. Without that, we would not have seasons. Think about how many life forms are totally dependent on seasons for their reproductive cycles? In other words, they would not be possible without the changes in season. It also is responsible for the oceanic tides. Think about how many life forms in the ocean are totally dependent on the tides for reproduction? This life could not be possible without the tides created by the gravitational force of the moon.

Setting aside religion, at some point, don't you have to consider the number of miraculous events which had to happen as they did, for intelligent life to exist here? What would be the odds of those same events happening elsewhere?
That "logic" is based on the pompous fallacious assumption that ALL intelligent life MUST be exactly like us!!! NOT a very intelligent assumption. To other possible intelligent life, YOU may be no more "intelligent" than an insect.

The fact remains, the ONLY intelligent life we have to go by is our own. Unless we find life existing elsewhere, under a different set of variables and conditions, the only intelligent and logical assumption to make is that which is self evident. We cannot assume that life could even exist under a different set of variables and conditions. I'm not saying it's impossible, only that, whatever forces enabled the special circumstances in play here, would also be in play elsewhere, if life exists.

Your last point is actually a very good one. We have a word in which we invented to define what we realize as human cognizant rationalization and thought... Intelligent. We have no way of knowing or understanding anything beyond that. This is where I think a strong argument can be made for Spiritual Nature. If it's possible for you to rationalize that what we perceive as "intelligence" might only be on the level of an insect in relation to a superior intelligence, then it's possible for an omniscient Creator to exist. So you've actually, unwittingly, made a rational argument for the existence of God. Good work!

Forum List

Back