All That Work and Texas State Senator Wendy Davis Still Wins.

A leftist judge legislating from the bench???

The judge was a Bush appointee.

So, if even a conservative felt obligated to strike it down, it had to be over-top-crazy unconstitutional, since moderately unconstitutional things won't get any reaction from conservatives.

And yes, some parts were not overruled. The 20-week limit had not come into play yet, so it wasn't addressed by the decision.

in case you didn't know....Texas has jobs....the parents can work...

Yeah, TX has jobs...meanwhile, TX is also one of the biggest takers of federal money, they have a high percentage of poor people, people on welfare, teen pregnancies etc etc.

And anyway, what does being employed have to do with a personal choice? Yes, a woman can work and still have a child; but, if the woman chooses not to have that child that is entirely HER choice.

why shouldn't Texas accept federal money.....the feds aren't doing their job and preventing the illegals from entering the country...

what does being employed have to do with killing a baby.....? stop calling it a "personal choice" as if you are choosing to wear red instead of green...

being employed just means that the parents can support the child....not the state....

Being employed does not mean that a woman cannot decide that she does not want to give birth. Keep your fucking nose out of her PERSONAL business.

So, if even a conservative felt obligated to strike it down, it had to be over-top-crazy unconstitutional, since moderately unconstitutional things won't get any reaction from conservatives.

And yes, some parts were not overruled. The 20-week limit had not come into play yet, so it wasn't addressed by the decision.

What did he strike down, comrade?

And the 20 week limit was specifically upheld.

What did you pro-abortion zealots win, exactly?

Oh...so this is a victory for the anti-choice side. Congrats are in order then. :eusa_clap:

The link to the article was given to you. Read it. Inform yourself. Don't keep demanding that the liberals do your work for you.

"Other portions of the law, known as House Bill 2, include a ban on abortions after 20 weeks and a requirement beginning in October 2014 that all abortions take place in a surgical facility. Neither of those sections was part of this lawsuit."

Revealing your side as liars was probably the high point.

So why did you even pretend you were concerned about women's health? We knew it was a lie, you knew it, everyone knew it. You were trying to ban abortion by backdoor tactics. The judge saw through that crap, as did everyone.

Try just being honest for a change. After all, the only thing worse than a sick control freak is a dishonest sick control freak.

Oh...so this is a victory for the anti-choice side. Congrats are in order then. :eusa_clap:

I support choice. I think parents should have a choice where to send their children to school - you don't.

I think adults should have a choice as to what weapons they can have, what magazine capacities those weapons have. - you don't.

I am pro- choice.

You are pro-abortion: You seek to promote and increase abortion - it has nothing to do with "choice."

And I don't live in Texas, so this has little to do with me. But the pro-abortion victory celebrations are a bit strange, since the only thing this did was allow RU486 - while the ban on late-term abortion was upheld.

Davis wins with the blood of the innocent on her.

To the left, this is a win.

We know the RW doesn't want to give women the power to control their own bodies.

So they'd better get out their wallets if the ruling doesn't stick. Lots and lots of illegitimate children will be born and they will need care for at least 18 years.

You can't have it both ways Conservatives

Either back off on abortion or be prepared to pay for those children through adulthood

I support choice. I think parents should have a choice where to send their children to school - you don't.

Actually, I agree. But you DO know that parents have that choice already right? I believe schools should also have a choice whether to accept a student or keep a student or not...right now, only private schools have that choice. All schools should.

I think adults should have a choice as to what weapons they can have, what magazine capacities those weapons have. - you don't.

I do also...except for high power automatic and tanks....don't think we should have tanks.

I am pro- choice.

As am I. Women should have the choice of what to do with their own body up to the point where a fetus is viable on its own.

You are pro-abortion: You seek to promote and increase abortion - it has nothing to do with "choice."

If women are educated...if men take responsibility as to where they stick their main brain, the need for abortion would lessen, which is an excellent thing.

And I don't live in Texas, so this has little to do with me. But the pro-abortion victory celebrations are a bit strange, since the only thing this did was allow RU486 - while the ban on late-term abortion was upheld.

Probably one of your better decisions. Texas is the armpit of America.

We know the RW doesn't want to give women the power to control their own bodies.

The RW is willing to give women the power to control their own bodies, but expects them to live with the consequences of their choices.

Davis wins with the blood of the innocent on her.

To the left, this is a win.

go right ahead and control your own body......but leave the BABY'S body alone....:eusa_hand:

Health-Reform-and-Abortion.jpg

The RW is willing to give women the power to control their own bodies, but expects them to live with the consequences of their choices.

You can't have it both ways

The woman is facing a dilemma. She is pregnant and cannot afford to raise a child.

What options are you giving her not to abort?

The woman is facing a dilemma. She is pregnant and cannot afford to raise a child.

We have this process called Adoption. It's a recent development. It's only been around forever.

We have this process called Adoption. It's a recent development. It's only been around forever.

If the only option you are giving a single mother is adoption, you had better start doing a better job of finding homes for unwanted children. The foster care system in this country sucks. Adoption rates are still low.
A nice cuddly white child has adoptive families lined up. But take a child from a minority or a child with physical issues and his prospects are dim

I'm not trying to have it both ways. She made her decision, there was a consequence. She needs to deal with the consequences of her decisions. I was not part of her decision, so I have no need to be part of dealing with her consequences.

Forum List

Back