Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

But, they added, the issue can't entirely be addressed by improving workers' skills, since low-wage jobs reflect the strength of a local economy. Recent research suggests "there simply are not enough jobs paying decent wages for people without college degrees (who make up the majority of the labor force) to escape low-wage work," they wrote.

In other words, even if low-wage workers undergo job training and learn new skills, they're not guaranteed to find good-paying jobs anywhere near where they currently live.

Then work two jobs

This study is by the Brookings Institution a famous Liberal "Think Tank". The data has not been reviewed and is likely skewed to put a negative spin on the remarkably robust jobs economy.
Poor in America means you’ve got an iPhone 6 and your DVD player doesn’t play Blu Ray.
Actually it means you struggle to support your family, fear getting sick or injured, have little hope of retiring comfortably
Cry me a river. People sell their children in other nations so the rest of the family can eat once a day.

Ummm...that is the standard you hold America to?

I thought you guys were supposed to Make America Great?
Only a liar can claim there’s poor people in America who are mentally sound.

Wait...you are saying that all poor people in America are not mentally sound?

Really?

Poor in America means you’ve got an iPhone 6 and your DVD player doesn’t play Blu Ray.
Actually it means you struggle to support your family, fear getting sick or injured, have little hope of retiring comfortably
Cry me a river. People sell their children in other nations so the rest of the family can eat once a day.

Really?
Poor in America is to live like royalty in half the world, ignoramus.

Really?

What does that have to do with them being mentally sound or not?

Really?

What does that have to do with them being mentally sound or not?
Because some mental midget (I was thinking of you) would post someone sleeping naked in a gutter.

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,

giphy-S.gif

Your desperation is duly noted!

Which means, MORE THAN HALF of Americans are in HIGH PAYING JOBS!

Medium to high. There are 3 categories.

No, if you bothered to inform yourself, you would know that there are five quintiles.

Income%20quintiles-M.jpg

Household Income Quintiles

But, they added, the issue can't entirely be addressed by improving workers' skills, since low-wage jobs reflect the strength of a local economy. Recent research suggests "there simply are not enough jobs paying decent wages for people without college degrees (who make up the majority of the labor force) to escape low-wage work," they wrote.

In other words, even if low-wage workers undergo job training and learn new skills, they're not guaranteed to find good-paying jobs anywhere near where they currently live.

Then work two jobs
So you are claiming there are 53 million infilled jobs where they can work two jobs?

Really?

What ever happened to Making America Great?

We are the richest nation in the world and you brag that our poor are not in Third World Poverty

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,
I doubt it was any different under the Great Ears.

What the OP and his dumbass Leftard comrades never mention is that $200K a year in San Fagcisco means you’re eating tuna casserole and top romen every night. But $12/hr in a majority of America you can buy a house still.

Which is why we need better trade policy to increase jobs and wages,

AND, we need to deport the illegals to increase the power of the workers relative to the power of the employers.

AND, we need to reduce LEGAL immigration also.

We will never see the type of rising wages, our fathers did, as long as employers have effectively unlimited labor pools.

Really?

We are the richest nation in the world and you brag that our poor are not in Third World Poverty
You go find someone starving to death, I’ll take them in.

WTF?

Yeah, the obummer economy caused millions to lose their full time jobs, and now, thanks to Trump, that terrible situation is being reversed.

Of course obummer, your hero, had 8 years to fuck this country up. Trump has only had three years to correct that mess.

Trump is Bush 3 on steroids.

Yeah, the obummer economy caused millions to lose their full time jobs, and now, thanks to Trump, that terrible situation is being reversed.

Of course obummer, your hero, had 8 years to fuck this country up. Trump has only had three years to correct that mess.

Still ANOTHER old fart chimes in. Nice try, gramps!

No. That was Ears.

Part of this is because employers have never had such an easy time finding incredibly qualified hard working employees. It's so easy to replace workers so companies get rid of their best employees before they are due for a raise. It's an employers market. This is leading to overqualified work until ready to drop workers filling low pay jobs.

WOW-M.jpg

Still ANOTHER old fart chimes in. Nice try, gramps!

Inhale, enjoy.

I doubt it was any different under the Great Ears.

The Great Obama did not give business a 40 percent tax cut
Doesn’t seem to have made its way down to the workers

Really?

You go find someone starving to death, I’ll take them in.
We gave a $1.5 trillion tax cut to billionaires and brag that at least nobody is starving?

Forum List

Back