Alternative Voting System

It's called English. Learn to use it. A republic means the citizens elect representatives
I'm sure you'll show that definition in a dictionary.

Wait! What am I saying?

That would mean the UK is a republic and not a constitutional monarchy.

Oh well, I'm sure somewhere there's a definition so cunning one can pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.

So, why don't you move to Ireland?

I live in Ireland and have business interests in US as well...

I am not telling anyone what to do , I just points out that one man one vote is a cause of a lot of US political problems. You have congress having an approval rating below 20% and yet 96.4 percent of incumbent lawmakers were re-elected in 2014.

That does not seem healthy
So what percentage of your votes in Ireland are dictated by the Brits? We know you aren't a real country because you can't even vote for yourselves to be one. You're a colony and colonies can afford to play stupid self gratifying games as long as mommy is there to take care of the big stuff.

You know Republic of Ireland is an independent country. We have a Prime Minister and Parliament. I think you might be confusing us with Northern Ireland or Scotland.

Hey Ireland can butt out of our business, don't make us come over there and stomp you and take over your island.

I am not telling anyone what to do , I just points out that one man one vote is a cause of a lot of US political problems. You have congress having an approval rating below 20% and yet 96.4 percent of incumbent lawmakers were re-elected in 2014.

So what percentage of your votes in Ireland are dictated by the Brits? We know you aren't a real country because you can't even vote for yourselves to be one. You're a colony and colonies can afford to play stupid self gratifying games as long as mommy is there to take care of the big stuff.

You know Republic of Ireland is an independent country. We have a Prime Minister and Parliament. I think you might be confusing us with Northern Ireland or Scotland.

Hey Ireland can butt out of our business, don't make us come over there and stomp you and take over your island.

If you can beat someone by using your brain, you can always fall back on just telling people to get lost. That's how idiots do it. And millions of idiots can't be wrong, can they?

I know. I wasn't suggesting the two main parties would disappear.
As I said, I like Mixed Member Proportional much better than First Past the Post. The latter left me feeling unrepresented and disenfranchised more often than not. But just about any form of proportional representation is better than a pure district seat style system, imo, which is much more open to political capture.

It's called English. Learn to use it. A republic means the citizens elect representatives

Wait! What am I saying?

Oh well, I'm sure somewhere there's a definition so cunning one can pin a tail on it and call it a weasel.
I have no idea what the UK calls themselves. The US and Germany are two examples of a republic I provided. The fact that it obviously rubs your vagina the wrong way isn't my problem.

The fact you can't accept the dictionary definition you were given nor provide a dictionary definition of your own is in line with the rightard need to redefine words to present an argument.

That you don't know that electing representatives does not define a republic, as in the case of the UK, merely confirms your ignorance.

Last edited:
The fact you can't accept the dictionary definition you were given, nor provide a dictionary definition of your own is in line with the rightard need to redefine words to present an argument.

That you don't know that electing representatives does not define a republic, as in the case of the UK, merely confirms your ignorance.
It was defined a while back asshole. Pop your head out of your pussy for a change. You need me to prove it again?

Definition of REPUBLIC
Full Definition of republic
  1. 1 a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government b (1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government c : a usually specified republican government of a political unit <the French Fourth Republic>
That's what we have, we don't need your approval.

The fact you can't accept the dictionary definition you were given, nor provide a dictionary definition of your own is in line with the rightard need to redefine words to present an argument.

It was defined a while back asshole. Pop your head out of your pussy for a change. You need me to prove it again?

Definition of REPUBLIC
  1. 1 a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government b (1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government c : a usually specified republican government of a political unit <the French Fourth Republic>

dictionaries sometimes include the most inane of usages. Some now have a definition of twerking. The fact that a whole bunch of misinformed people keep repeating what you do is probably enough to get your definition in some dictionaries, along with, hopefully, the right one.

As I think I referenced earlier, the Supreme Court recently had a case that dealt with this and sided against your idea. The states are guaranteed republics in the US Constitution. Some took this as you might and said because that means representative government only, states cant have ballot initiatives. Thankfully, and for the good of all Americans, they ruled against that idea.

So legally, where it counts really, you are wrong.

Definition of REPUBLIC

dictionaries sometimes include the most inane of usages. Some now have a definition of twerking. The fact that a whole bunch of misinformed people keep repeating what you do is probably enough to get your definition in some dictionaries, along with, hopefully, the right one.

As I think I referenced earlier, the Supreme Court recently had a case that dealt with this and sided against your idea. The states are guaranteed republics in the US Constitution. Some took this as you might and said because that means representative government only, states cant have ballot initiatives. Thankfully, and for the good of all Americans, they ruled against that idea.

No, you're full of shit. We have legislators, senators, presidents, mayors, council members, all of which prove we're a republic. We don't need your permission. Ballot initiatives are a bad idea, idiots vote on things they know nothing about. You like that, I don't.

Definition of REPUBLIC

No, you're full of shit. We have legislators, senators, presidents, mayors, council members, all of which prove we're a republic. We don't need your permission. Ballot initiatives are a bad idea, idiots vote on things they know nothing about. You like that, I don't.

no it is you that is full of shit, if you think idiots vote on ballot initiatives...then idiots vote in your vaunted "reps" ......

and boy hasn't the wisdom of our "representatives" been on full display over the years.

There is a reason that grafting politicians try to avoid public votes on white elephants they propose....because the wisdom of the people will usually shut down such graft.

Wait! What am I saying?

The U.K. Has no written constitution.

It's a "my guys aren't the problem. It's the other 543 people in Congress that suck" mentality.

It's a "my guys aren't the problem. It's the other 543 people in Congress that suck" mentality.

You're Right there.

I just offered a new idea for people to discuss.. I think you are struggling with a new idea.

It is best you actually say what you don't like about the new idea over your present one...

You just a bad attempt at trying to insult me, is that because you haven't got the capacity to understand new ideas.

That's pretty sad...

I just offered a new idea for people to discuss.. I think you are struggling with a new idea.

It is best you actually say what you don't like about the new idea over your present one...

You just a bad attempt at trying to insult me, is that because you haven't got the capacity to understand new ideas.

That's pretty sad...

When I want Irelands opinion I'll give it to them.

Definition of REPUBLIC

no it is you that is full of shit, if you think idiots vote on ballot initiatives...then idiots vote in your vaunted "reps" ......

and boy hasn't the wisdom of our "representatives" been on full display over the years.

There is a reason that grafting politicians try to avoid public votes on white elephants they propose....because the wisdom of the people will usually shut down such graft.
The problem is not really idiocy (though I think there is far to much of that as well) but rather ignorance. The reality is that the vast majority of those that vote simply do not have the knowledge required to effectively weigh legislation. The purpose of having representatives is that the voters *should* have the ability and time to evaluate a small number of individuals on weather or not they would represent their interests/beliefs when they are weighing such legislation.

Of course, IMHO, people in this nation have become far to used to a government that keeps them safe, happy and wealthy that they have ignored the duty to properly chose those representatives and the entire system has run away. A symptom of being to successful.

Forum List

Back