Alvin Lee is going home

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
Alvin Lee Is Going Home: 'Ten Years After' Guitarist Dies

Guitarist Alvin Lee, whose incendiary performance with the British band Ten Years After was one of the highlights of the 1969 Woodstock festival, has died.
A bit of "I'd Love to Change the World"
He was 68. Lee's website says he "passed away early this morning [Wednesday] after unforeseen complications following a routine surgical procedure." An assistant to his daughter also confirmed the news to NPR.
His band's biggest hit — "I'd Love to Change the World" — came a couple years after Woodstock. We'll embed a clip from that.

Alvin Lee Is Going Home: 'Ten Years After' Guitarist Dies : The Two-Way : NPR

Oh man, I'm fuckin' bummed! He was one of my personal favs. I saw him in concert 1-1/2 times. The 1/2 was when I got busted for coke in the mens bathroom during intermission.

That guy really knew how to bring it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzrpJdN6UgY]Ten Years After - Help Me (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

Guitarist Alvin Lee, whose incendiary performance with the British band Ten Years After was one of the highlights of the 1969 Woodstock festival, has died.
He was 68. Lee's website says he "passed away early this morning [Wednesday] after unforeseen complications following a routine surgical procedure." An assistant to his daughter also confirmed the news to NPR.
His band's biggest hit — "I'd Love to Change the World" — came a couple years after Woodstock. We'll embed a clip from that.

RIP Alvin. He was a terrific blues and jazz guitarist with lightning fast runs. Not a bad vocalist either.

Sorry to hear it, Spoonman.

RIP, Alvin Lee.

Forum List

Back