Am I an asshole

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
I can't help recalling how France turned and ran the other direction when the call went out for support in going after the Nutjob organization that was behind the slaughter of 3,000+ Americans.

Freedom Fries
Freedom Toast

Am I being an asshole in thinking they should be on their own in their hunt for vengeance over a couple hundred Frogs?

:bsflag:

I can't help recalling how France turned and ran the other direction when the call went out for support in going after the Nutjob organization that was behind the slaughter of 3,000+ Americans.

Freedom Fries
Freedom Toast

Am I being an asshole in thinking they should be on their own in their hunt for vengeance over a couple hundred Frogs?

The United States would not exist were it not for the French.

Nah, you're not an asshole for feeling that way. Neither are those who want to offer support. At the end of the day, I think most Americans step up and treat others the way they want to be treated, even if they think it's undeserved. Also, ultimately the nations who support freedom are in it together in fighting the global war on terror...it's in everyone's best interest to defend their allies, hence NATO.

Nah, you're not an asshole for feeling that way. Neither are those who want to offer support. At the end of the day, I think most Americans step up and treat others the way they want to be treated, even if they think it's undeserved. Also, ultimately the nations who support freedom are in it together in fighting the global war on terror...it's in everyone's best interest to defend their allies, hence NATO.
Thanks
And that goes along with Billy's reply above yours

I get our history with France
I'm grateful for them.
I just never (publicly) see it reciprocated

I've been there (spent a week) and their arrogance is just as visible on a personal level at it is in a general way.

I'm sorry for any loss of life.

That evil twin in my head just can't help but holler at my bottle of Merlot, "How's it feel, bitches?"!!

Freedom Fries
Freedom Toast

The French were conservatives back then.

Freedom Fries
Freedom Toast

Haym Saloman wasn't French.

Freedom Fries
Freedom Toast

Your not being a ass ho, but nobody likes war. I get it, they didn't want to fight a war that didn't involve them. The US is thousands of miles away from the middle east, these countries are practically next door.

The French stood by us after 9-11 as did the Germans.

They knew the invasion of Iraq would inevitably fail.

Freedom Fries
Freedom Toast

Your not being a ass ho, but nobody likes war. I get it, they didn't want to fight a war that didn't involve them. The US is thousands of miles away from the middle east, these countries are practically next door.

Using your outlook, if they didn't want to help as a result of something that didn't involve them, why should the U.S. be willing to help them because of something that didn't involve us.

you mean by holding a grudge for them not agreeing to invade a country that had nothing to do w/ 9/11? Them being proven right that the war-for-profit would turn into a 10+ yr, TRILLION $$$ unpaid-for, quagmire resulting in countless 1000's of US serviceman's deaths & the eventual creation of ISIL? Yeah, that would make you an asshole.

Last edited:
Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. The conservatives who told French jokes were funny to me because I laughed at the inherent assumption that a liberated Iraq would be more loyal than France.

you mean by holding a grudge for them not agreeing to invade a country that had nothing to do w/ 9/11? Yeah, that would make you an asshole.
Fair enough. Not the first time you called me an asshole. But the chickenshits cut and run right when more support would be needed.

Forum List

Back