🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Am I Racist?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I spent the last 2 months on a one month job.

Delay after delay WITHOUT CHARGING THEM.
Customer was black. After one week he informed me that we (me and and my daughter) were not allowed to use their bathrooms.

I'm sorry but in 30 Yeats of doing this the only segment that give me problems are blacks.

Not all of them mind you, I have several amazing female customers. One I would definitely %$@&< but I gigress....

I only get grief with ONE SEGMENT OF THE POPULATION A

Customer was black. After one week he informed me that we (me and and my daughter) were not allowed to use their bathrooms.

I'm sorry but in 30 Yeats of doing this the only segment that give me problems are blacks.

Not all of them mind you, I have several amazing female customers. One I would definitely %$@&< but I gigress....

You SIR are honest in calling out "them"
Does that make you in any way a RACIST?
Judge rules....YES.

Are you surprised?

Humans of every color, creed, culture and race can be equal opportunity assholes, I've found. I am mostly white, my wife is East Indian Guyanese; she would tell you, if you were doing work on our home, you couldn't use the restrooms. That's her prerogative as a homeowner. Years ago, I did chimney work on the side for extra spending money. Covered head to toe in soot I didn't want to use customers' toilets for fear of making them filthy. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Are you racist? You're not required to like anyone, so only you can answer that particular question.

• Banned
Humans of every color, creed, culture and race can be equal opportunity assholes, I've found. I am mostly white, my wife is East Indian Guyanese; she would tell you, if you were doing work on our home, you couldn't use the restrooms. That's her prerogative as a homeowner. Years ago, I did chimney work on the side for extra spending money. Covered head to toe in soot I didn't want to use customers' toilets for fear of making them filthy. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Are you racist? You're not required to like anyone, so only you can answer that particular question.
I only get ripped off when working for blacks.

Sorry but in 31 years those are the facts

What do you want to do next with your daughter in tow? Use their kitchen to prepare your lunch during your break???

You sound a tad racist because you targeted blacks as "the worst". Well, I find working for christians of any color the worst. Does that make me christiancist?

Is there a little more to this?

Work for customers with whom you are most comfortable. Everyone has preferences. Fuck anyone who doesn't like it. Why buy yourself grief?

You SIR are honest in calling out "them"
Does that make you in any way a RACIST?
Judge rules....YES.

Are you surprised?
That's fucking ridiculous.

The OP said he had to deal with "delay after delay with them," and did so without charging extra for the delays.

It's perfectly clear he was referring to THESE particular customers.

If you're offended by his statement, then YOU are an idiot. We can't walk around on pins and needles because we're afraid to offend some overly sensitive pussy who looks for "racism" in every interaction.

Many well-meaning bleeding hearts are plain fucking stupid. Yet they often ASSume that THEY are so well versed in the structure and use of our language that they have some God-given right to tell other people how they must use it.

As racism is a social construct you can't be.....In your case it's just that sometimes you have to fire a customer. Just finish-up the job then never take another from them.....Done and done. ;)

No, sir, you are not a "racist."

As others have said, some members of ethnicity X are the nicest people in the world.

They often are not so greedy as are many people of other ethnicities.

BUT for some reason they have an unusually large proportion of, well, not very nice people.

So a lot of Americans are afraid of them.

They fear that they might be the victims of a physical attack. (Many Asians have found out the hard way.) (Many New York City subway riders are scared every time they board a train.)

Just continue to be very respectful and courteous when dealing with them.

As others have said, people of all ethnicities do not want workers to use the family bathrooms.

Best wishes.

Forum List

Back