Am I The Only One Who Didn't Celebrate Independence Day Today?

I prefer waiting until November 5th. Then I'm REALLY going to celebrate. 😁

We celebrated, but in a subdued way. A friend of my wife's was going to come over and have grilled dogs with us. She's from the Philippines and teaches at the same Christian school my wife works. Her husband and five kids are just about ready to pack up and emigrate here legally, as soon as she can find a house here.

But it was storming pretty hard today and she asked us to cancel the get-together. Even so, the rain stopped for awhile, so the wife and I had grilled chedderwursts, potato salad, and beans. But then the rain started again, so the fireworks display 18 miles from here was cancelled. We didn't set off any fireworks or shoot any guns like we usually do. It was just too rainy and muddy, and I didn't feel like cleaning guns all day tomorrow and picking up brass in the mud.

We celebrated, but in a subdued way. A friend of my wife's was going to come over and have grilled dogs with us. She's from the Philippines and teaches at the same Christian school my wife works. Her husband and five kids are just about ready to pack up and emigrate here legally, as soon as she can find a house here.

But it was storming pretty hard today and she asked us to cancel the get-together. Even so, the rain stopped for awhile, so the wife and I had grilled chedderwursts, potato salad, and beans. But then the rain started again, so the fireworks display 18 miles from here was cancelled. We didn't set off any fireworks or shoot any guns like we usually do. It was just too rainy and muddy, and I didn't feel like cleaning guns all day tomorrow and picking up brass in the mud.

Halloween is the next big one and that's more up my alley anyways. I mean I'm obviously really patriotic but that's every day not just on July 4th. Halloween is the only time of year that I can be somebody that I'm not and this year I'm going for one of those undead pirates in the first Pirates of The Caribbean movie because that's the theme of a Halloween party that I'm wanting to attend this year. 😁

Nah, we went down to Virginia City to BBQ with friends and watch the fireworks coming up in a couple of hours.

Here's the view from the patio

Attachments

• 20240704_194544.jpg
    20240704_194544.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 1
Halloween is the next big one and that's more up my alley anyways. I mean I'm obviously really patriotic but that's every day not just on July 4th. Halloween is the only time of year that I can be somebody that I'm not and this year I'm going for one of those undead pirates in the first Pirates of The Caribbean movie because that's the theme of a Halloween party that I'm wanting to attend this year. 😁
Be sure and do the thing where you blacken the room and pass around the body parts of a recently dismembered person. Great fun. Do the 'notched blade' 'cut into the bloody arm' thing as well. That is as realistic and horrifying as it gets.

Be sure and do the thing where you blacken the room and pass around the body parts of a recently dismembered person. Great fun. Do the 'notched blade' 'cut into the bloody arm' thing as well. That is as realistic and horrifying as it gets.

Umm... Alrighty then. :scared1:

The flag reminds me that America is the "great nation" promised to the 13th tribe of Israel, Manasseh. The thirteen stripes represent the descendants of all thirteen tribes that migrated here from northern Europe early on, that built this nation. The red stripes mean valor in war and sacrifice. The white means purity, especially toward the Christian faith.
The field of stars not only represents the 50 states but all the promised descendants of Abraham that God said would be as numerous as the stars in the heavens. May God continue to bless America. :bowdown:

Umm... Alrighty then. :scared1:
This is just an example of the notched knife prank. To get really serious you need a large knife whose notch appears to cut deeply into your forearm with fake blood literally dripping off your elbow. You have to be careful though as people will definitely be calling 911. Yes Virginia, it is that realistic.

1720153132759.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back