Am i the only one who thinks it's GOOD the government shuts down?

Those Government employees who perform functions that will cause public harm immediately if they are not there get classified as "essential" and are not subject to a government shutdown

Many government functions.......contracts, R&D, public assistance, legal, budget work on a monthly or fiscal year timeline. Their absence is not felt for months but it still costs money

Bull shit. All that’s a lie. Every food stamp recipient gets their stuff. All Medicaid and Medicare stuff still gets processed. Every federal employee (leach) gets payed on time for every hour worked. Those who get sent him (which all should) won’t get paired or diddnt when it happened to us. But then if you don’t work you don’t deserve money.

Your fellow Americans should be penalized for taking a federal job?

Federal Employees do not lose pay during a shutdown
Congress pays them for not working and gives them their back pay
so, how are we saving money, paying people who don't have to work for it?

Costs us money and Congress does not pay a political price

"IF WE DON'T SOLVE THIS FUNDING ISSUE , THE GOVERNMENT WILL SHUT DOWN !!!"

....alright

...bye
I bet you'd be very happy to see disabled veterans suffering even more on top of their service connected disabilities waiting for their compensation checks to come so they eek out what's left of their life, wouldn't you you fucking freak?

Lie. Never happened before and wouldn’t happen again. It’s lemmings like you repeating those lies that causes all the trouble. What you do here is worse then not paying the vets. You use the memory of their service to spread lies on a message board. Makes you a skosh more scummy then the typical libtard.
Lie. Never happened before and wouldn’t happen again. It’s lemmings like you repeating those lies that causes all the trouble. What you do here is worse then not paying the vets. You use the memory of their service to spread lies on a message board. Makes you a skosh more scummy then the typical libtard.
Another ignorant fuck that does't know Shit from Shinola. I am a vet you sack of wet turds, with two deployments to the armpit of the World in 1966 and again in 1967 with an adjudicated disability award of 100% Total and Permanent! So who might have more inside info on the VA and a bit keener insight and INTEREST in the possibility of an interruption of benefit payments????

The following is from a 2013 VA notification promulgated after the last fucking shutdown your fucking cabal engineered which put the hammer to your bullshit claim that veterans would NEVER have their monthly compensation withheld;

"Claims processing and payments in the compensation, pension, education, and vocational rehabilitation programs are anticipated to continue through late October. However, in the event of a prolonged shutdown, claims processing and payments in these programs would be suspended when available funding is exhausted"
~~ https://www.va.gov/opa/docs/Field_Guide_20130927.pdf ~~

If there are not funds, there can be no payments, shit for brains. Without prior legislative relief which is NOT IN PLACE PRESENTLY, you imbecile, checks could not be drawn from zeroed out accounts!!

We will start with “I’m a get” take your service and ram it right up your asshole you rear echolon cock sheath. Shit birds like you are typical. You flaunt your 1 year national guard and 12 year RaoTC service so you can get a free cup of coffie. So up front, fuck your service. It does not entitle you to shit from me or any other American and it does not Imbue one with super special insight to shit. I don’t owe you dick . So just because you went to Boy Scouts in middle school and had to dodge cocks in the showers which gave you PTSD, your free money would not stop. Diddnt last time and won’t this time.
Congress claimed it was necessary. They get the government blame.

The best thing about the government shutting down is it shows how much we really don't need it. If they want to shut it down, then shut it down. It doesn't change my life one bit. In fact, it could only make it better.

one of the main functions of the federal government is to organize for war....but we got twitter now

So let me ask everybody here. What would happen if we had a major shutdown that lasted for months, and nobody really knew the difference? Wouldn't that tell us something? Five or six months later, everybody is still doing fine.
Time to fire all incumbents due to a, lack of confidence. That is all.

If only the American people were smart enough to to such a thing. Congress has an approval rating just above gonorrhea and yet incumbents are reelected at a greater than 95% rate.

We are a stupid group of people sometimes.

No doubt.
You have idiots advocating for a Republican shutdown while Republicans hold power in both the executive and legislative branches.

....alright

...bye
I bet you'd be very happy to see disabled veterans suffering even more on top of their service connected disabilities waiting for their compensation checks to come so they eek out what's left of their life, wouldn't you you fucking freak?

Another ignorant fuck that does't know Shit from Shinola. I am a vet you sack of wet turds, with two deployments to the armpit of the World in 1966 and again in 1967 with an adjudicated disability award of 100% Total and Permanent! So who might have more inside info on the VA and a bit keener insight and INTEREST in the possibility of an interruption of benefit payments????

The following is from a 2013 VA notification promulgated after the last fucking shutdown your fucking cabal engineered which put the hammer to your bullshit claim that veterans would NEVER have their monthly compensation withheld;

"Claims processing and payments in the compensation, pension, education, and vocational rehabilitation programs are anticipated to continue through late October. However, in the event of a prolonged shutdown, claims processing and payments in these programs would be suspended when available funding is exhausted"

If there are not funds, there can be no payments, shit for brains. Without prior legislative relief which is NOT IN PLACE PRESENTLY, you imbecile, checks could not be drawn from zeroed out accounts!!
why wouldn't there be funds? do you think they stop taking tax dollars out of my paycheck? really? LOL
Want to, "take it to a federal judge", if it happens again?

....alright

...bye

We will start with “I’m a get” take your service and ram it right up your asshole you rear echolon cock sheath. Shit birds like you are typical. You flaunt your 1 year national guard and 12 year RaoTC service so you can get a free cup of coffie. So up front, fuck your service. It does not entitle you to shit from me or any other American and it does not Imbue one with super special insight to shit. I don’t owe you dick . So just because you went to Boy Scouts in middle school and had to dodge cocks in the showers which gave you PTSD, your free money would not stop. Diddnt last time and won’t this time.

Hmm...
Kneeling for the anthem is disrespectful?
Only to the mono-cultural right wing.

....alright

...bye

I am the only one thinking that there are too many people in the US who don't have the education to actually consider the consequences of such actions? Probably not.

Oh no what will we do without the Department of Education, the Department of Labor, or the IRS?

We could take money from those parasites and pay down the debt.
End the drug war to pay for health care, right wingers.

I totally agree we should legalize and tax all drugs too.

Everyone is affected by a shutdown, most just do not know enough to understand it.

If you eat food that you did not grow yourself with your own seeds that were not bought from someone, a government shutdown will have an impact on you.

There are less USDA inspections, FSA offices close and farmers cannot receive their loan payments and cannot pay their bills. These things the price of all agricultural products to go up due to the uncertainty of how long it will all last.

Also, all crops reports and estimates stop, thus again causing the price of all commodities to rise since there is no data upon which to set the prices. Commodities like milk, field corn, soybeans, beef cows, and more all have monthly production reports that are used to set the prices for the commodities.
dude, why? money is still being received from the taxes right? I mean where else would they be getting the money? Again, they are still taking my money from my paychecks, that doesn't stop? so why wouldn't they get their funds? what exactly stops?

What stops is the people who work for the government, they stop working. So while your money is coming out there is nobody in the FSA or USDA office to process that money.
Believe it or not the money does not go straight from your paycheck to the farmers.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
why do they stop? I asked you that, why, the money is still coming in. you just said so. so what is it exactly causes them to stop other than someone thinks they should?
A failure of the House to cover expenses and Congress to pass a budget.

Now you want to take care of the veterans. where were you when obummer was chief? and why? the VA is budgeted for. tax revenues will pay them. Do you think because the government shuts down, bills aren't paid?
People get paid.....only takes longer
If a vet has issues or need advice or info he is out of luck

People get paied on time when they show up and punch the clock. Period. Food stamps get sent, vets get priority service (now that Bammer is gone) and life gos on.
Government gets shut down under Fat Donnie.....vets are out of luck

That’s just not the case. You can believe that, but facts don’t back it. If one has money coming from the govt in the form of SSI, food stamps or VA benifets those who receive them will still get them. Have every other time.
I said you will get defined benefits
If a vet has a new claim, is protesting a decision on benefits, wants approval of a medical procedure
He has to wait......government is shut down
Should we change the locks on Capital Hill when that happens? A vote of No Confidence.

dude, why? money is still being received from the taxes right? I mean where else would they be getting the money? Again, they are still taking my money from my paychecks, that doesn't stop? so why wouldn't they get their funds? what exactly stops?
If that money hasn't been appropriated, you fucking imbecile, with the government shut down because of a budget not being passed or any other mandatory budgetary provisions remaining unfulfilled, just how the fuck can there be any LAWFUL disbursement of those funds sans the lawful AUTHORITY under law? GAWD DAMN you fucking idiots must have a court appointed fiduciary controlling your funds with you being too fucking stupid and incompetent to take care of your own affairs by yourselves.
the right wing only cares about being legal to the law, when it involves the poor.

....alright

...bye
If it was not for the Lame Stream Media no one would ever notice when it "shuts down".

The Government shutdown is planned so you don't notice

Unless you have a government contract, or problems with your Social Security, or have a VA claim, or are worried that the shutdown wasted $26 billion the last time

But God forbid a park shuts down

....alright

...bye
If it was not for the Lame Stream Media no one would ever notice when it "shuts down".

Unless you have a government contract, or problems with your Social Security, or have a VA claim, or are worried that the shutdown wasted $26 billion the last time

Or walking on public sidewalks because the Park Service pays overtime to its employees to block the sidewalks and roads to make everything as inconvenient as possible for taxpayers so we notice.
131001083159-01-shutdown-1001-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

scenic-overlooks-closed-over-shutdown-3.jpg

....alright

...bye

Or walking on public sidewalks because the Park Service pays overtime to its employees to block the sidewalks and roads to make everything as inconvenient as possible for taxpayers so we notice.

Why is that good?

What is gained by doing so?

....alright

...bye

Why is that good?

What is gained by doing so?
Yes, great question. What is gained by the government paying overtime to close public areas from the taxpayers during a so called shutdown?

The credit rating is meaningless.

And it makes sense that our credit rating gets downgraded. if a person carried as much debt as this country no one would lend him money
It doesn't make sense at all.
The downgrade has not a thing to do with borrowing. It increases the rate on the existing balance. It only costs us more to pay off the existing debt.

What benefit was gained in return for this?
We aren't paying off our debt all we are doing is servicing the debt.

If we were paying it off the balance wouldn't be going up by the second

Then address that problem . Shutting down the gov doesn't do that . It does the opposite !

If your personal finances are out of control do you fix it by just not paying bills for a while !?

The government still pays its bills during a "shut down" because the government is never 100% shut down during a so called shut down

Yeah. That's what we are debating. A true full shutdown would be a dangerous distaster .

These soft shut downs are stupid . When the gov gets back up all that missed work needs to be caught up. Meaning overtime .
It won't be a full shut down.

It seems your grandfather's death had no impact on you so your analogy is poor

Not really. Of course it had an impact on me, but I didn't notice it. Seems to be about the same as what you said, the govt shut down, you didn't really notice it, but it would have had an impact on your life whether you noticed it or not.
If you didn't notice it had no impact.

I have relative I have never met. If they all died 10 minutes from now it would have no impact on me whatsoever

That's rubbish. Of course it had an impact. It had an impact on my mother, it had an impact on me because I would have gone to stay with him had he been alive, I might have got to know him, he might have changed my view on things. You seriously can't have such a shallow mind, can you?

Maybe might have would have could have yada yada

The fact is none of that happened you yourself said you didn't know the man. and you can't say for certain any of those maybe might haves would have come to be.

The problem here is that there's a difference between what happened and what could have happened. You're saying that something didn't have an impact. You're saying that if something doesn't happen, it doesn't have an impact.

So, if a child doesn't have an education, it doesn't have an impact on their life because it's something that COULD HAVE HAPPENED.

Bullshit. You're just arguing for the hell of it

No you just are always convinced you are right.

If we take your example of a dead relative that you never met, might never meet as having some impact on your life then the death of each of the 7 billion people on the planet can be said to have an impact on your life and we know that is just not true.

Your education example fails because there is the assumption that a person cannot educate himself

....alright

...bye

Unfortunately for you, parks are not considered "essential government services"

....alright

...bye

Unfortunately for you, parks are not considered "essential government services"
Why would they be?

Forum List

Back