Amend Florida's 'stand your ground' law, says lawyer for Markeis McGlockton's family

Have you ever used your weapon to dissuade someone w/o shooting?

• Total voters
He resisted because he was being choked. I said that numerous times too. Let someone strangle you and see if your body doesn't automatically fight to breathe.

Gracie, I love your posts, but on this one you are DEAD wrong. The officers arrested him and were trying to handcuff him. He resisted by pulling away and refusing to be handcuffed, at which point they took him to the ground, along with the illegal choke hold. Had he cooperated, he would have probably died of a nice heart attack anyway, somewhere else in a short period of time.
Illegal choke hold -------- nuff said.

If you ever watch the video, the officer's arm never gets close to his neck. THe fat ass had his own weight kill him.
So which is it, an illegal choke hold or not ?? You said it was an illegal choke hold.

He resisted because he was being choked. I said that numerous times too. Let someone strangle you and see if your body doesn't automatically fight to breathe.

Gracie, I love your posts, but on this one you are DEAD wrong. The officers arrested him and were trying to handcuff him. He resisted by pulling away and refusing to be handcuffed, at which point they took him to the ground, along with the illegal choke hold. Had he cooperated, he would have probably died of a nice heart attack anyway, somewhere else in a short period of time.
Illegal choke hold -------- nuff said.

choke holds are not illegal. It was just against police department policy.
If results in a death, it becomes more than just a violation of department policy. It becomes an illegal act.

This wouldn't be happening if Pam Bondi filed charges.

Personally, I don't think that was a righteous shooting.

Why? Wasn’t it the person who was the shooter pushed violently to the ground? That is the act that accelerated the violence up until that moment it was just talking! What dosen’t Crump address that? Because his client ( the dead one) was the violent aggressor! What the dead guy should have done is called the police!
Wasn’t the person who shoved him backing up when he saw the gun?

Pushing is nothing, clocking someone is different.

When you go all monkey and jump around them and yoke them out is something different as well, however, it can provide a peaceful solution to an otherwise violent altercation at times..

Or you could just kick them in the knee.

Letting the shooter off the hook without even a full investigation or possible charges of manslaughter being brought, is what challenges our laws that are used inappropriately to justify such a thing.

Is this little parking lot stalker worth it in the end ??
His life is as valuable as anyone’s!
What about the dead guys life?

Again, The dead pusher was measuring up a massive kick to down fat mans head. hitching up pants, leering down, advancing. The Gun came out just before. Pusher then began to drift, they (she was out of car heading for back) had planned to hit him front and back. Prove me wrong.
Let’s stick to the facts shall we?

All I'm saying is: If a guy pushed me to the ground, then I drew a weapon, and he was backing up with hands up, I would not shoot him.

Somehow the popo don't see it that way. I wasn't there, so Idk.

Tbh, i have good reactions, and would probably be able to avoid being pushed to the ground.

Letting the shooter off the hook without even a full investigation or possible charges of manslaughter being brought, is what challenges our laws that are used inappropriately to justify such a thing.

You mean the attacker?
I mean the guy who was killed when he backed away. Does his life matter?

Maybe...when you have a gun....and a law supporting you...it is easier to use the gun than to de-escalate the situation. Maybe, when your pissed, you would rather shoot then talk.

You mean the attacker?
It did, he threw it away when he attacked another human, or don’t you believe in self defense?

You mean the attacker?
It did, he threw it away when he attacked another human, or don’t you believe in self defense?
I believe in using the minimum needed to defend myself. I also believe in trying to de escalate a situation.

You mean the attacker?
I believe in using the minimum needed to defend myself. I also believe in trying to de escalate a situation.
Well ewe wasn’t there getting shoved around wiz ewe?

Maybe, when your pissed, you would rather shoot then talk.
I think too many people see the stand your ground law as allowing them to get away with shooting someone and getting away with it in a situation where the escalation of the use of force isn't actually warranted.

Shooting and killing someone isn't the appropriate legal self-defense response to being shoved.

You mean the attacker?
Neither were you.

On the other hand, I was in a similar shoving situation years ago.

I did not have a gun.

Neither did the other person,

No one was hurt. No one died.

Maybe it is time to quit glorifying guns as a means of handling disputes and start to value other means?

This wouldn't be happening if Pam Bondi filed charges.

Personally, I don't think that was a righteous shooting.

Why? Wasn’t it the person who was the shooter pushed violently to the ground? That is the act that accelerated the violence up until that moment it was just talking! What dosen’t Crump address that? Because his client ( the dead one) was the violent aggressor! What the dead guy should have done is called the police!
Wasn’t the person who shoved him backing up when he saw the gun?
It's what most people saw.

Maybe, when your pissed, you would rather shoot then talk.
I think too many people see the stand your ground law as allowing them to get away with shooting someone and getting away with it in a situation where the escalation of the use of force isn't actually warranted.

Shooting and killing someone isn't the appropriate legal self-defense response to being shoved.
De escalation training is not valued enough in American society. Greater emphasis is placed on learning to shoot, whether it is the police or civilians.

You mean the attacker?
Neither were you.

On the other hand, I was in a similar shoving situation years ago.

I did not have a gun.

Neither did the other person,

No one was hurt. No one died.

Maybe it is time to quit glorifying guns as a means of handling disputes and start to value other means?
Was there a physical and or age disparity? Or are you okay with beating up old people and why the mother fuck didn’t you apply that fucking standard to the attacker? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Forum List

Back