America doesn't have a jobs issue, WE HAVE A WAGE ISSUE.

A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!

You do know fuck head that New York state raised it's Minimum wage right?

You do know that, I used the NY story to highlight a national issue and you do know that states like NY and California have no choice but to raise wages when the cost of living is outrageous to began with? Oh and it needs raising again.....its 9 bucks an hour....like really?

Well no kidding it should be $20 bucks an hour in New York

When the average rent in a hell hole is around 3 grand, you tell me what 9 bucks will do?

If you can't pay the average rent, you should move somewhere where you can get a job and afford the rent. That's what normal, independent people have always done.
Where do you stay while looking for a job in a place you can afford the rent after spending your money moving?

A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!

Hey Ricky Retardo, what if we had a "War on Poverty?"

You do know that, I used the NY story to highlight a national issue and you do know that states like NY and California have no choice but to raise wages when the cost of living is outrageous to began with? Oh and it needs raising again.....its 9 bucks an hour....like really?

When the average rent in a hell hole is around 3 grand, you tell me what 9 bucks will do?

If you can't pay the average rent, you should move somewhere where you can get a job and afford the rent. That's what normal, independent people have always done.

If you can't afford the average rent, how can you afford to move?

Two feet, it's free

Ask my son, who took a job some 55 miles from his home. He spent 2 weeks sleeping in my car in the parking lot of his employer, until he received his first paycheck and rented an apartment, and moved his family.

What a bunch of entitled pussies people have become.

Ask my son, who took a job some 55 miles from his home. He spent 2 weeks sleeping in my car in the parking lot of his employer, until he received his first paycheck and rented an apartment, and moved his family.

In your car or his? Sounds pretty entitled to me. How did he feed his family while this was going on?

Providing for the general welfare gives the feds the power to tax. I disagree the minimum should be raised. I think taxes should go up to provide more funds to people making less than what would give them adequate housing, food, etc.

That would sure motivate people to do something meaningful with their lives. I don't bust my ass every day for you or anyone else. I do my job to earn money for myself. If you don't have adequate housing or food do something about it. ffs

That would sure motivate people to do something meaningful with their lives. I don't bust my ass every day for you or anyone else. I do my job to earn money for myself. If you don't have adequate housing or food do something about it. ffs

In other words; I have mine so fuck everyone else?

No. "I have mine. Why didn't you work to get yours?"

What percentage of your total income is disposable income? (total income minus taxes, shelter, utilities, food, transportation)

Being essentially debt free, a large percentage.

My guess is that you haven't heard of 'working class poor.' These are people that work full-time that barely squeak by in meeting basic needs. The top two States, Mississippi and Arizona are both RED States.

So you don't know.

The working poor are growing because our government punishes people for working.

Low wages are fine, if you aren't taxed up the ASS and if your food doesn't cost more than your life's blood is worth. And both of those conditions are creately SOLELY by the tyrannical, unconstitutional and communistic policies that punish people for working.

The working poor are growing because our government punishes people for working.

How so?

Low wages are fine, if you aren't taxed up the ASS and if your food doesn't cost more than your life's blood is worth. And both of those conditions are creately SOLELY by the tyrannical, unconstitutional and communistic policies that punish people for working.

Low wages and high food costs are created by corporate America.

Who's taxed 'up the ass?' It's not corporations. It's not the rich/wealthy.

Ignorance of how labor markets work is as plentiful as it is sad. Jobs do not exist to insure the welfare of the worker. It's as simple as that. Jobs exist because there is a task that someone can't or won't do.

Example: I don't want to paint my house so I hire a painter to do it. I enter into an agreement with the painter on a price. NEVER do the personal needs of the painter come up. I do not negotiate based on his/her rent/mortgage or car payment/insurance/gas. It is the responsibility of the painter to decide if the proposed wage is worth the work to be done.

I am sure that the Liberal leaning folks in this thread always take these issues in to account when hiring labor for their own projects (sarcasm). The truth is that these people buy the cheapest insurance, gas, food, cars, homes, clothing etc... That they can possibly negotiate. Your rage, logic and sanctimonious drivel should be embarrassing to you and are certainly a waste of everyone's time.

You proven that you are the poster child for ignorance is bliss.

1) Jobs DO exist to insure the welfare of the worker.

2) You equate contracting with a contractor as an employee.

3) You are a fool if you think you can negotiate insurance, gas, food, cars, homes, and clothing.

And there you go folks. Herein lies the problem. There is one group that doesn't understand basic economics.

I will ignore #1 as the response is ridiculous and cannot be intelligently discussed.
#2 - The example was meant to illustrate the transactional relationship between labor and need. The methodology works regardless of labor type and need.
#3 - I can be an ass hole and give you the definition of "negotiate" but I wont. Feel free to pick another word. You clearly know what I am speaking of but here are some examples: If there are 4 gas stations on the corners of an intersection the busiest one will always be the one with the lowest price on gas. I can also assure you that people "shop" for insurance all of the time. Auto rates (for instance) can be very different from carrier to carrier. people will change without thought of service or the welfare of the agent they are leaving.

What percentage of your total income is disposable income? (total income minus taxes, shelter, utilities, food, transportation)

My guess is that you haven't heard of 'working class poor.' These are people that work full-time that barely squeak by in meeting basic needs. The top two States, Mississippi and Arizona are both RED States.

So you don't know.

How so?

Entrepreneurs are taxed up the ass.
Working class people are taxed up the ass. Gas is taxed up the ass. Our property is taxed up the ass. We are forced to purchase insurance at ridiculous and back breaking rates, which means we have less and less for our children and food.
And our wages aren't low, dumbass. High food costs are created by government interference with production and resource management.

Ignorance of how labor markets work is as plentiful as it is sad. Jobs do not exist to insure the welfare of the worker. It's as simple as that. Jobs exist because there is a task that someone can't or won't do.

Example: I don't want to paint my house so I hire a painter to do it. I enter into an agreement with the painter on a price. NEVER do the personal needs of the painter come up. I do not negotiate based on his/her rent/mortgage or car payment/insurance/gas. It is the responsibility of the painter to decide if the proposed wage is worth the work to be done.

I am sure that the Liberal leaning folks in this thread always take these issues in to account when hiring labor for their own projects (sarcasm). The truth is that these people buy the cheapest insurance, gas, food, cars, homes, clothing etc... That they can possibly negotiate. Your rage, logic and sanctimonious drivel should be embarrassing to you and are certainly a waste of everyone's time.

3) You are a fool if you think you can negotiate insurance, gas, food, cars, homes, and clothing.

What a tard, I have had two jobs where I got a free car, gas, car insurance and they paid for housing for three months

What a tard, I have had two jobs where I got a free car, gas, car insurance and they paid for housing for three months

And I'm sure you declared all of the above as income.......Right

Wages aren't the problem in this country. The biggest issue we face is culture rot and that is basically the disease manifesting all of these other symptoms.

So you don't know.

How so?

Entrepreneurs are taxed up the ass.
Working class people are taxed up the ass. Gas is taxed up the ass. Our property is taxed up the ass. We are forced to purchase insurance at ridiculous and back breaking rates, which means we have less and less for our children and food.
And our wages aren't low, dumbass. High food costs are created by government interference with production and resource management.
Obviously you have never had a business or you were too dumb to understand all the tax write offs business owners get.

If employers in this country paid a living wage your Son wouldn't be sleeping in your car.

If employers in this country paid a living wage your Son wouldn't be sleeping in your car.
Weird how he is sleeping in a car he doesnt own but other people are entitled pussies?

Wages aren't the problem in this country. The biggest issue we face is culture rot and that is basically the disease manifesting all of these other symptoms.
I disagree somewhat. Wages are a big problem. The other problem is people settle. Its like a ladder and low wages are the bottom rung. You can demand or wait for someone to pay you more but its easier to just climb.

Weird how he is sleeping in a car he doesnt own but other people are entitled pussies?
It's FAMILY you moron! What point do you think you're making? Family, friends and to a lesser extent the community you live in has a vested interest in your personal success. No one is suggesting that no one in life help you. It is the federally mandated help that is the issue.

Stop arguing with blinders on and discuss for a while.

It's FAMILY you moron! What point do you think you're making? Family, friends and to a lesser extent the community you live in has a vested interest in your personal success. No one is suggesting that no one in life help you. It is the federally mandated help that is the issue.

Stop arguing with blinders on and discuss for a while.
Lots of people dont have family that can or will let them sleep in their car. Obviously you are not acquainted with the person that made the pussy claim. She is suggesting just that.

Bullshit, he wasn't working at all. Once he started working, he was fine.

And his woman stays home and takes care of their two children.

No foodstamps, no subsidies. Which means they pay MORE for stuff than the pigs who refuse to work.

Bullshit, he wasn't working at all. Once he started working, he was fine.

And his woman stays home and takes care of their two children.

No foodstamps, no subsidies. Which means they pay MORE for stuff than the pigs who refuse to work.
I call bullshit. Obviously someone was getting some help or they would have starved to death.

And there you go folks. Herein lies the problem. There is one group that doesn't understand basic economics.

I will ignore #1 as the response is ridiculous and cannot be intelligently discussed.
#2 - The example was meant to illustrate the transactional relationship between labor and need. The methodology works regardless of labor type and need.
#3 - I can be an ass hole and give you the definition of "negotiate" but I wont. Feel free to pick another word. You clearly know what I am speaking of but here are some examples: If there are 4 gas stations on the corners of an intersection the busiest one will always be the one with the lowest price on gas. I can also assure you that people "shop" for insurance all of the time. Auto rates (for instance) can be very different from carrier to carrier. people will change without thought of service or the welfare of the agent they are leaving.

1) You are ignoring the fact that wages provide for welfare of the employee?

2) You are trying to compare a contractual business contract with an employee. Apples and Oranges.

3) You save a few pennies on gasoline from an industry who's prices are fixed. You 'shop' insurance, but the only actual/real savings are comparing an A+ company with a D company.

Forum List

Back