America dumbs down

why do you feel the need to justify the obvious wilful ignorance that the article is so deftly pointing up?
I wasn't justifying anything, nor was I attempting to. I was merely giving my opinion, stating what I thought of the article, and nothing more. Did you not post it to get others' opinions and views? Was I wrong to respond to your article and give an opinion? If you didn't want opinions on your piece, then why did you post it?
your opining is off topic.

Ah, settle down.

It's not "off topic", it's just "not well thought through" to imply that a band of nomadic primitives wandering the desert umpteen thousand years ago actually got it right when they came up with the childlike concept of a God-thing creating everything in a week. No doubt it sufficed to entertain the primitive undeveloped intellects of the time. But the idea that there are people in a state government in 2015 that have failed to develop past that point, that's alarming indeed, which I think is your point in posting this story.

Just curious, can you prove without any doubt that GOD didn't create everything? Do you know that for a fact, and can prove it? HINT: No one has ever been able to prove that there is no GOD, or that GOD doesn't exist. No one has ever proven that GOD did not do it all. Serious question, where did everything come from? What was there in the beginning? Remember, you can't get something from nothing. So, there had to be something first before there could've been anything. Go ahead, give it your best shot. Not just your opinion, but proof beyond any doubt. Thanks. Looking forward to your answer on that subject.

That can't be done; it would be proving a negative. But theism isn't science anyway; it's a matter of faith. And faith in that sort of thing starts with what "feels" right. And the idea of the planet being 4400 years old yet carrying fossils and minerals many times older explained on the basis that "well, God's a practical joker" -- just doesn't pass the smell test.
I didn't ask for an opinion, your opinion, I asked for proof. We all have opinions on the subject, all of us. But, opinion is NOT FACT !!! Please give the proof that you have there is NO GOD, and not just slurs directed towards those of us that do believe there is a GOD, and that GOD exist. Poking fun at us is not proof. Please, other than just an opinion and slurs, give proof that GOD is not the creator, and that he doesn't exist. Thanks. I'm looking forward to something beside an opinion.

I wasn't justifying anything, nor was I attempting to. I was merely giving my opinion, stating what I thought of the article, and nothing more. Did you not post it to get others' opinions and views? Was I wrong to respond to your article and give an opinion? If you didn't want opinions on your piece, then why did you post it?

Ah, settle down.

It's not "off topic", it's just "not well thought through" to imply that a band of nomadic primitives wandering the desert umpteen thousand years ago actually got it right when they came up with the childlike concept of a God-thing creating everything in a week. No doubt it sufficed to entertain the primitive undeveloped intellects of the time. But the idea that there are people in a state government in 2015 that have failed to develop past that point, that's alarming indeed, which I think is your point in posting this story.

Just curious, can you prove without any doubt that GOD didn't create everything? Do you know that for a fact, and can prove it? HINT: No one has ever been able to prove that there is no GOD, or that GOD doesn't exist. No one has ever proven that GOD did not do it all. Serious question, where did everything come from? What was there in the beginning? Remember, you can't get something from nothing. So, there had to be something first before there could've been anything. Go ahead, give it your best shot. Not just your opinion, but proof beyond any doubt. Thanks. Looking forward to your answer on that subject.

That can't be done; it would be proving a negative. But theism isn't science anyway; it's a matter of faith. And faith in that sort of thing starts with what "feels" right. And the idea of the planet being 4400 years old yet carrying fossils and minerals many times older explained on the basis that "well, God's a practical joker" -- just doesn't pass the smell test.
I didn't ask for an opinion, your opinion, I asked for proof. We all have opinions on the subject, all of us. But, opinion is NOT FACT !!! Please give the proof that you have there is NO GOD, and not just slurs directed towards those of us that do believe there is a GOD, and that GOD exist. Poking fun at us is not proof. Please, other than just an opinion and slurs, give proof that GOD is not the creator, and that he doesn't exist. Thanks. I'm looking forward to something beside an opinion.

Slow down dood. You've been a reasonable intelligent poster on this site so read slowly here....

I didn't make any such claim. Ergo I don't need to "prove" it.

Ah, settle down.

I agree with that argument, as far as it goes. So far, science can't even begin to address the question of creation.

Ah, settle down.

are you really this dense?
you cannot prove a negative..
it has been explained clearly that there is no evidence for or against the existence of god.
that is not a slur, it a fact ....

Ah, settle down.

the answer lies in the statement and the correct one goes like this " there is no evidence supporting the existence of god conversely there is no evidence disproving the existence of god.
most believers will interpret that as meaning since there is no proof proving god does not exist then he must.
that is an assumption. with no basis in fact.
what the statement means is there is no evidence for either....
HINT: There is no evidence that says otherwise either. People have been trying to disprove the existence of GOD for centuries, some are considered to be the sharpest brightest minds ever known. Their results, NO PROOF !!! So, you can throw slurs at those that do believe there is a GOD all day long, but can you disprove there is NO GOD? Waiting to hear your proof, thanks.
you really must learn to read "
the answer lies in the statement and the correct one goes like this " there is no evidence supporting the existence of god conversely there is no evidence disproving the existence of god.
most believers will interpret that as meaning since there is no proof proving god does not exist then he must.
what the statement means is there is no evidence for either...
It's nothing more than common sense. Before there was anything, there had to be something. Something doesn't come from nothing. Again, common sense. So, since something can not come from nothing, where did it all start? Your answer? Thanks. Oh, and by the way, I can read very well, thank you. I picked up on the jest of what you had to say, and your meaning back a few comments ago.

Ah, settle down.

I agree with that argument, as far as it goes. So far, science can't even begin to address the question of creation.
that's false assumption..

why do you feel the need to justify the obvious wilful ignorance that the article is so deftly pointing up?

Ah, settle down.

That can't be done; it would be proving a negative. But theism isn't science anyway; it's a matter of faith. And faith in that sort of thing starts with what "feels" right. And the idea of the planet being 4400 years old yet carrying fossils and minerals many times older explained on the basis that "well, God's a practical joker" -- just doesn't pass the logical smell test.

I'm not an "atheist". It would be as arrogant to purport to know that as it would to proclaim theism as a fact. So I have no intention of proving or disproving something I don't claim.

Know what else doesn't pass the logical smell test?

All together now....

South Carolina! :eusa_dance:

Ah, settle down.

it has been explained clearly that there is no evidence for or against the existence of god.
What negative? GOD is not a negative, anymore than the alternative is. So, if you, nor anyone else can disprove GOD, then what you're saying is nothing more than opinion.

Ah, settle down.

Feel free to elaborate.

Ah, settle down.

How is it false? Please explain. Thanks.

Ah, settle down.

HINT: There is no evidence that says otherwise either. People have been trying to disprove the existence of GOD for centuries, some are considered to be the sharpest brightest minds ever known. Their results, NO PROOF !!! So, you can throw slurs at those that do believe there is a GOD all day long, but can you disprove there is NO GOD? Waiting to hear your proof, thanks.

It's nothing more than common sense. Before there was anything, there had to be something.

There did?

Why?

If there was "something" before there was "anything" --- then by definition there was not "not-anything".

Ergo: false premise. Or we could say, premise commits suicide before reaching its own period.

Ah, settle down.

It's nothing more than common sense. Before there was anything, there had to be something. Something doesn't come from nothing. Again, common sense. So, since something can not come from nothing, where did it all start? Your answer? Thanks. Oh, and by the way, I can read very well, thank you. I picked up on the jest of what you had to say, and your meaning back a few comments ago.
no it's not..... there is again no evidence supporting you statement it's just wishful thinking....
no reason to get unhinged.
your belief is in no danger ...

Ah, settle down.

Slow down dood. You've been a reasonable intelligent poster on this site so read slowly here....

I didn't make any such claim. Ergo I don't need to "prove" it.
Then please state "there is no GOD" as an opinion. Thanks.

It's nothing more than common sense. Before there was anything, there had to be something.

There did?

Why?

If there was "something" before there was "anything" --- then by definition there was not "not-anything".

Ergo: false premise. Or we could say, premise commits suicide before reaching its own period.
Is there something now, at this very minute? Is there anything that you can see, touch, or smell? If so, where did its makeup begin? Remember, there has to be something before there can be anything. Something can NOT come from nothing. So, using basic logic, there had to be something to start with. Now, going by that very simple logic, where did it all begin?

Ah, settle down.

What negative? GOD is not a negative, anymore than the alternative is. So, if you, nor anyone else can disprove GOD, then what you're saying is nothing more than opinion.
if there is no proof that a thing existed, in this case god, it's a negative..
try it this way, "you cannot disprove god because there is nothing to disprove" the reverse is also true you cannot prove god because there is nothing to prove it .
belief is not proof of god's or anything else's existence as it only proves itself..

There did?

Why?

Is there something now, at this very minute? Is there anything that you can see, touch, or smell? If so, where did its makeup begin? Remember, there has to be something before there can be anything. Something can NOT come from nothing. So, using basic logic, there had to be something to start with. Now, going by that very simple logic, where did it all begin?
At a cocktail party....

Feel free to elaborate.
keep reading..

The true anti-science crowd is the ones who are shrieking "MANMADE GLOBAL WARMING!!!!! CONSENSUS!!! SETTLED SCIENCE!!! DIE YOU FUCKING DENIER!!!" without even one lab experiment

That's truly anti-Science

How is it false? Please explain. Thanks.
goggle false premise than get back to me..

if there is no proof that a thing in this case god it's a negative..
try it this way, "you cannot disprove god because there is nothing to disprove" the reverse is also true you cannot prove god because there is nothing to prove it .
belief is not proof of god's or anything else's existence as it only proves itself..
Fair enough. Lets go with that for a minute here. Where did it all begin? By that I mean, before there was anything, what started everything into motion? What is the source from which all originated? Any idea? Care to take a stab at it? Please, go ahead and give your theory on exactly where everything originated and how it all was set into motion. Thanks.

Forum List

Back