America First = America Last

This was triggered by listening to Trump lecture other leaders in Asia about America First and how they should put their countries first too

No perception of economic cooperation being good for all
Only ...Every man for himself

Obama's self-ankle grabbing was surely no example of "economic cooperation". Just a clear invite to take advantage.
The Great Obama was able to negotiate with other nations because he was respected and trusted

Donnie Dealmaker has been more interested in destroying Obama's legacy than in doing what is best for our country

:cuckoo:

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I win

This was triggered by listening to Trump lecture other leaders in Asia about America First and how they should put their countries first too

No perception of economic cooperation being good for all
Only ...Every man for himself

Obama's self-ankle grabbing was surely no example of "economic cooperation". Just a clear invite to take advantage.
The Great Obama was able to negotiate with other nations because he was respected and trusted

Donnie Dealmaker has been more interested in destroying Obama's legacy than in doing what is best for our country

:cuckoo:

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I win

Negative. You've merely doubled your madness.

America First is Trump's economic policy
Every country looks out for their own best interests and everyone wins

Economic competition does not work like that. Teaming and competing as a group gets you more economic "wins" than looking out for your best interests

Think of a Basketball Team.
If every player looks out for himself and tries to score as many points as they can, you have a bunch of players ball hogging and gunning for shots

Winning Basketball Teams rely on teamwork and doing what is best for the team. Spread the ball around and look for the open man

Trump's economic policies leave the US isolated and left out of economic opportunities

Our trade with our major trading partners, is not a team sport, it is them fucking US.
China has sold us lots of great products for unbelievably cheap prices. You don't like a good deal? ...n

A good deal for the individual at the price of the American worker being fucked?

No, I don't like that deal.

There is no better option. Tariffs would force us all to pay more and cost more jobs as our exports decrease.

Tariffs led to our building factories in Europe to sell to European customers. They built factories here to get around the tariffs. Fords and GM vehicles are built in Australia. No Tariffs for that. BMW, Volkswagen, Toyota’s, Nissan, and many more are built here. Tariffs increase manufacturing if history is any indication.
Tariffs do not work and have never worked, that is what we learn from their long history. They are a tax on us, nothing else.

last thing i worry about is MONEY or selling things and for all my 68 years years under my parents money supply or my money supply everything has been fine G5000 .

i have the needed things for life and lots more has been available to me and my family , i really am not interested in MORE G5000 !!

In fact the push for MORE is detrimental to USA Sovereignty and Independence and then Freedom and Liberty and American-ism G5000 ,

"Think of a basketball team"? So much for the angry and ignorant left's concept of the U.S. standing in the world.

last thing i worry about is MONEY or selling things and for all my 68 years years under my parents money supply or my money supply everything has been fine G5000 .
Selling things = jobs.

Econ 101.

'' I '' have always had a job when i wanted one G5000 . Besides that , for Americans without jobs they can thank USA Government politicians and their immigration policies these last 30 - 40 yeaes since R; Reagan G5000 .

GOOD for the Trump ,what you describe is American INDEPENDENCE RWinger
95% of the world's consumers are OUTSIDE the United States.
This is true. However, a trade imbalance does not indicate that we are reaching the 95% of people to effectively sell to them. What it indicates is that they are reaching the 5% that we have.

That is kind of the point here - there are a lot of people that we can be selling to but it seems that instead of selling to them the opposite is occurring - they are selling to us more than we can to them.

Economic competition does not work like that. Teaming and competing as a group gets you more economic "wins" than looking out for your best interests

If every player looks out for himself and tries to score as many points as they can, you have a bunch of players ball hogging and gunning for shots

Winning Basketball Teams rely on teamwork and doing what is best for the team. Spread the ball around and look for the open man

Trump's economic policies leave the US isolated and left out of economic opportunities

Our trade with our major trading partners, is not a team sport, it is them fucking US.
China has sold us lots of great products for unbelievably cheap prices. You don't like a good deal? ...n

A good deal for the individual at the price of the American worker being fucked?

There is no better option. Tariffs would force us all to pay more and cost more jobs as our exports decrease.

Our exports are already much lower than our imports, without tariffs. WHy do you think that is?

just a comment but i think that USA was funded by Tariffs for a long time and little i know of tariffs i have no problem with a return to TARIFFS .

Tariffs led to our building factories in Europe to sell to European customers. They built factories here to get around the tariffs. Fords and GM vehicles are built in Australia. No Tariffs for that. BMW, Volkswagen, Toyota’s, Nissan, and many more are built here. Tariffs increase manufacturing if history is any indication.
Tariffs do not work and have never worked, that is what we learn from their long history. They are a tax on us, nothing else.

What tariff do I pay for a Toyota truck built in Texas? What Tariff do I pay for a Volkswagen from Tennessee? These foreign brands build cars here to avoid those tariffs. It seems to be a good deal all around. We get manufacturing that provides jobs for skilled labor, we get a cheaper product. The company increases market share and profit. Win, win, win.

Now. Remove those tariffs, and what happens? Those companies move their factories to countries with cheaper labor. Like Mexico. Then we get a cheaper product still, but no skilled labor jobs that went away with the factory. Lose, lose, lose.

Imagine a basketball team where the coach tells you, "you didn't sink that basket! Someone else sunk it for you"

Forum List

Back