America going to default

What the fuck is that kind of logic. Yes your have no new debt but nation's pristine credit rating would be trashed. This would result in much higher borrowing costs for the country -. So in fact your debt would go up. fucking madness if you see defaulting as a good thing

Does Greece improve confidence by spending more or spending less?

Why would borrowing costs rise if we balanced the budget?
Isn't it more likely costs would rise if we continued our unsustainable borrowing?

fucking madness if you see defaulting as a good thing

Who said that? Where? Twit.
Well you saying that even if america defaults, obama can end it by paying it off. He can,t on his own as even if he does llar would lead to a sharp increase in the cost of nearly everything, as more US dollars would be needed to pay for imports. The collapse of the dollar would lead to a massive increase in inflation. Filling your car might cost $200 or more. Goods would soar in price.

Anyway i am not a fan of spending but cutting spending through defaults is not the way to go. a balaenced budget is. You need to cut things but not through shutting goverment down or defaulting. I say this for both dems and gop

Well you saying that even if america defaults

No, I'm saying America won't default.

Yes i know that mate but it won,t stop any of this stuff happerning such as

Next up - the US dollar would absolutely collapse, as confidence in the country and its currency would evaporate overnight. The collapse of the US dollar would cause absolutely havoc throughout the world. You think that the US dollar has experienced a large decline over the past couple of years? Watch what happens if the United States defaults.

Next up - the US dollar would absolutely collapse, as confidence in the country and its currency would evaporate overnight.

Adding no new debt would increase confidence in our currency.

What the fuck is that kind of logic. Yes your have no new debt but nation's pristine credit rating would be trashed.

Fiscal responsibility and on time debt payments would "trash" our credit rating?

Care to explain how that would be the case?

This would result in much higher borrowing costs for the country -. So in fact your debt would go up.

Let me explain it this way: Image you were spending way more than you made every month by taking on more and more debt. Then, you decide to stop taking on more credit cards to max out and instead, began spending no more than you made every month while continuing to make your credit card payments on time.

Now, would the bank raise the interest rate on those credit cards? If so, why?

Oh good God...:cuckoo:

Ok lets get over this lie about "default". There is plenty of govt revenue coming in every day to pay the interest on the debt. There is no chance of a default on the debt unless obama chooses to pay something else before the debt.

missing a food stamp payment or a gift payment to NPR is NOT a default.

STOP THE LIES ABOUT THE COUNTRY GOING INTO DEFAULT !

I am not lying about dire conquences of the country going into default being bad. Might not be in first 24 hours but would be if longer then two or three days.

BBc news said this on website today

what would happen if country default

Markets around the world would plunge and global interest rates would rise.
furthermore, the impact on the US's creditors could be dire. Japan, for instance, owns about $1.14 trillion of US debt - which is equivalent to 20% of its annual economic output.

In the US, Goldman Sachs estimates that $175bn would immediately be withdrawn from the US economy and it could lead to a very deep recession.

i think that sums it up how bad it would be

The Democrats seem all too willing to raise the debt ceiling into infinity. Seems that they don't believe that raising the debt will do any harm whatsoever. So, I don't suppose that not paying the debt period, would be any more dire.:eusa_hand:

mate take your baised rose tinted glasses. Both dems and gop are to blame for this and both seem unwilling to avoid your country going into default.

Also if you think that not paying the debt peroid would not be dire then your living in disney land world mate and that talking from londerner who seen a thing or two

I am not a liberal or a conservative. Just a brit from london worried america going send world ecnomey into the tank. mate almost all the media are saying a default be nightmare. even if obama pays this off it won,t stop one of the short-term effects is that the rating agencies will review and likely lower the rating. They have scales used to determine the creditworthiness of bond issuers, and defaults can lead to an issuer's rating slipping below investment grade.

Governments unable to pay off their bonds suffer long-term effects, including not being able to access the capital markets to borrow again. This may make it difficult to meet basic service needs of taxpayers, such as education.

Geez, try to pay attention. There is 10 times the revenue coming in that is needed to pay the interest on the debt.

Yes i know that mate but it won,t stop any of this stuff happerning such as

Next up - the US dollar would absolutely collapse, as confidence in the country and its currency would evaporate overnight. The collapse of the US dollar would cause absolutely havoc throughout the world. You think that the US dollar has experienced a large decline over the past couple of years? Watch what happens if the United States defaults.

horseshit, maybe a double Pimms cup is in order Govna!

Mate don,t resort to personal abuse. it does your fellow countryman no favours. I am not being obtuse. As fellow poster rightly said But that's not even the point. The system is based on confidence AND psychology which would both be badly shaken by failing to raise the debt limit and pay our FULL agreed upon debts ON TIME.

So now you agree there is plenty of money to avoid anything close to default, but you insist we must fund every damn pet program and project in government?

Uh, no. Sorry, no.

The time has long come to get rid of many of those programs and begin to live within our means, which in now way implies default.

So in your world all ecnomic respected journals like wall street journal are talking stupid that default will be not a bad thing. I don,t agree in funding every department. don,t be so fucking stupid putting words in my mouths . I said that like many conservative have that defaulting would be fucking nightmare and that will happen whatever the president does post thursday. wall street journal, cnn, csnbc, goldman sachs see it like that.

But hey you might be right in disney world and everything will pan out just ok. You follow that logic if you wamt

Default would be a nightmare. We aren't going to default.

Stop saying this. Please.

Next up - the US dollar would absolutely collapse, as confidence in the country and its currency would evaporate overnight.

Adding no new debt would increase confidence in our currency.

What the fuck is that kind of logic. Yes your have no new debt but nation's pristine credit rating would be trashed.

Fiscal responsibility and on time debt payments would "trash" our credit rating?

This would result in much higher borrowing costs for the country -. So in fact your debt would go up.

Let me explain it this way: Image you were spending way more than you made every month by taking on more and more debt. Then, you decide to stop taking on more credit cards to max out and instead, began spending no more than you made every month while continuing to make your credit card payments on time.

mate read this it explain all. What Would Happen if the United States Defaulted on its Debt?

he been involved in this he whole life. he not coming from gop or dem viewpoint either.

your the fucking cuckoo if you think that default can be solved like eating a pie

I am not lying about dire conquences of the country going into default being bad. Might not be in first 24 hours but would be if longer then two or three days.

furthermore, the impact on the US's creditors could be dire. Japan, for instance, owns about $1.14 trillion of US debt - which is equivalent to 20% of its annual economic output.

In the US, Goldman Sachs estimates that $175bn would immediately be withdrawn from the US economy and it could lead to a very deep recession.

The Democrats seem all too willing to raise the debt ceiling into infinity. Seems that they don't believe that raising the debt will do any harm whatsoever. So, I don't suppose that not paying the debt period, would be any more dire.:eusa_hand:

mate take your baised rose tinted glasses. Both dems and gop are to blame for this and both seem unwilling to avoid your country going into default.

Also if you think that not paying the debt peroid would not be dire then your living in disney land world mate and that talking from londerner who seen a thing or two

yes, both parties are responsible, but only one is trying to fix it.

Listen carefully, ya limey duck, we are going to pay the interest on the debt, there will be no default on the debt.

America won't default.

So now you agree there is plenty of money to avoid anything close to default, but you insist we must fund every damn pet program and project in government?

Uh, no. Sorry, no.

The time has long come to get rid of many of those programs and begin to live within our means, which in now way implies default.

So in your world all ecnomic respected journals like wall street journal are talking stupid that default will be not a bad thing. I don,t agree in funding every department. don,t be so fucking stupid putting words in my mouths . I said that like many conservative have that defaulting would be fucking nightmare and that will happen whatever the president does post thursday. wall street journal, cnn, csnbc, goldman sachs see it like that.

But hey you might be right in disney world and everything will pan out just ok. You follow that logic if you wamt

You are if you fucking stupid dem and gop leaders don,t come to a deal. As sky reporter on uk tv said it sums up the dysfunction of your american political system if you don,t

mate read this it explain all. What Would Happen if the United States Defaulted on its Debt?

he been involved in this he whole life. he not coming from gop or dem viewpoint either.

your the fucking cuckoo if you think that default can be solved like eating a pie

America won't default.

Uh, no. Sorry, no.

I think our limey friend has been into the gin too much tonight. :cuckoo:

America won't default.

I hope your right as i am not confident it won,t. Both sides seem milles apart from a deal with less then 48 hours to go

I think our limey friend has been into the gin too much tonight. :cuckoo:

Really mate stop the abuse. I think your drinking if you think obama on his own can solve this. He can,t

Hey, troll from London, how many times you have to be told that not raising the debt ceiling is NOT a default? Unless you are a troll even being so brainless as the left usually is, would result in some understanding that there is no default anytime soon.

You are if you fucking stupid dem and gop leaders don,t come to a deal. As sky reporter on uk tv said it sums up the dysfunction of your american political system if you don,t

BULLSHIT! If they don't come to deal, we still rake in plenty of money to make the debt payments.

But you know this. You're being purposefully obtuse.

That's it, I quit. This thing is a fucking troll. Can you smell it?

th

Hey, troll from London, how many times you have to be told that not raising the debt ceiling is NOT a default? Unless you are a troll even being so brainless as the left usually is, would result in some understanding that there is no default anytime soon.

i know that. but if you don,t raise it it will lead to default soon enough

obama intends to default.

It should be obvious by now. The only way we can default is if it's deliberate.

BULLSHIT! If they don't come to deal, we still rake in plenty of money to make the debt payments.

But you know this. You're being purposefully obtuse.

That's it, I quit. This thing is a fucking troll. Can you smell it?

th

sign of when someone is losing the arguement is when your resort to old he a trolll.

I admit you still have money but it won,t be enough on it own to pay off by obama if investors pull out of america over this. That is not trolling. that just fact

obama intends to default.

It should be obvious by now. The only way we can default is if it's deliberate.

Mate i don,t think either side wants to default. if they do then they are fucking insane.

i know that. but if you don,t raise it it will lead to default soon enough

no, it won't.
==========
and let me tell you something, junior. If you want to be respected on this board, don't lose it to negging when you are losing your argument over standard leftard talking points :D

Forum List

Back