America has a 54% reduction in it murder rate since 1992

The United States has 300 million guns in private hands

We also have a second amendment that ensures it stays that way

The price we pay is more murders, suicides, mass murders and domestic assaults. What Sandy Hook demonstrated is that we are willing to accept it

Yet, as the OP demonstrated, the murder rate has decreased. The facts do not appear to support your agenda.

By the way, the US suicide rate is also DOWN since 1992:

File:Suicide-deaths-per-100000-trend.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, despite more of those evil firearms, the murder and suicide rates have dropped.

Is it down as low as European countries? How about Canada? Austrailia? Japan?

This country has one of the highest murder rates in the world because of our gun culture

Actually, we don't make the list of the top 100 countries ranked by murder rate.

Really......name an industrialized country with a higher murder rate

Now it's "industrialized"? Way to move the goalpost. Sorry, but the fact remains we don't make the top 100. You want to fiddle with how a "country" is defined, feel free.

This country has one of the highest murder rates in the world because of our gun culture

Actually, we don't make the list of the top 100 countries ranked by murder rate.

How many gang related shooting s did we have?
How many murders did we have in those strict gun control cities versus those cities with less restrictive gun control?

Just in case people just posted without watching the video the guy in the video breaks the data down.

[ame=http://youtu.be/FWNOiw_XIV8]Crime Stats Piers Morgan MSM Won't Discuss - 2013 Gun Control Debate - YouTube[/ame]

The United States has 300 million guns in private hands

We also have a second amendment that ensures it stays that way

The price we pay is more murders, suicides, mass murders and domestic assaults. What Sandy Hook demonstrated is that we are willing to accept it

Yet, as the OP demonstrated, the murder rate has decreased. The facts do not appear to support your agenda.

By the way, the US suicide rate is also DOWN since 1992:

File:Suicide-deaths-per-100000-trend.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, despite more of those evil firearms, the murder and suicide rates have dropped.

Is it down as low as European countries? How about Canada? Austrailia? Japan?

Which? Murder or suicide? If it's the latter, many of those countries have a far higher rate of suicide than in the US. Japan especially. In fact, the combined murder/suicide rate in Japan is equal to that of the US. Far out, eh?

Now it's "industrialized"? Way to move the goalpost. Sorry, but the fact remains we don't make the top 100. You want to fiddle with how a "country" is defined, feel free.

Let's start with we are the wealthiest nation on earth we should not settle for the standards of Somalia or Nigeria

The rest of the world mocks us

How many murders did we have in those strict gun control cities versus those cities with less restrictive gun control?

Murder rate is murder rate. Dead is still dead

We pay a price for our second amendment rights and it is not safety

Gang related and self defense is not the fault of the law abiding citizens
Fuck your safety I suggest you arm yourself.

The majority of murders in this country are from someone you know not from random crime. There is a lot of "I'm going to kill that bitch" in this country and guns sure make it easier

The majority of murders in this country are from someone you know not from random crime. There is a lot of "I'm going to kill that bitch" in this country and guns sure make it easier

Related as in murder suicide? It's not my responsibility to baby sit grown ass people How many of those shootings were in defense of self or others?

Measuring the Extent of Gang Problems

12% of murders in the US are gang related. Like I said, most murders are someone you know

Measuring the Extent of Gang Problems

12% of murders in the US are gang related. Like I said, most murders are someone you know

How about we go with something more cent?

Rise in gang membership prompting police, lawmakers to take action ? Portland ? Bangor Daily News ? BDN Maine

From bigrebnc's article: http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/...ip-prompting-police-lawmakers-to-take-action/ But despite the words of concern coming from law enforcement officials, one of the nation’s top gang researchers said he’s skeptical that Maine is in danger of significant gang activity.

"Alex Alonso — a southern California man who has been studying gang culture for more than 20 years, has testified as a subject matter expert in more than 200 court cases and follows gang activity nationwide through his website StreetGangs.Com | Where All Neighborhoods Get Along — said he’s seeing a trend of federal agents overstating gang presences across the country.

“They’ve been doing this a lot lately,” Alonso told the BDN Wednesday. “They’ve been allocating resources in smaller communities across the country to take on small-time street groups. I’ve been seeing this pattern. I don’t see anything significant in Maine. I think law enforcement has to rationalize their budgets.”

Last edited:
From bigrebnc's article: But despite the words of concern coming from law enforcement officials, one of the nation’s top gang researchers said he’s skeptical that Maine is in danger of significant gang activity.

"Alex Alonso — a southern California man who has been studying gang culture for more than 20 years, has testified as a subject matter expert in more than 200 court cases and follows gang activity nationwide through his website StreetGangs.Com | Where All Neighborhoods Get Along — said he’s seeing a trend of federal agents overstating gang presences across the country.

“They’ve been doing this a lot lately,” Alonso told the BDN Wednesday. “They’ve been allocating resources in smaller communities across the country to take on small-time street groups. I’ve been seeing this pattern. I don’t see anything significant in Maine. I think law enforcement has to rationalize their budgets.”

Are you saying the feds are lying?

From bigrebnc's article: But despite the words of concern coming from law enforcement officials, one of the nation’s top gang researchers said he’s skeptical that Maine is in danger of significant gang activity.

It's your article, bigrebnc. Read it, man!

ps: this often happens with the articles you post ~ you apparently don't understand them.

It's your article, bigrebnc. Read it, man!

ps: this often happens with the articles you post ~ you apparently don't understand them.

My link did not say what you posted
What you posted came from this.
Alex Alonso has been researching gangs in Los Angeles, the United States and abroad since 1993 and has developed a unique perspective on gangs through his ethnographic/geographic approaches. He is familiar with the active gangs of New York during the 1970s, and he has studied in depth the structure and history of organized crime in New York City and New Jersey. Most recently he has written on the social history of Los Angeles’ contemporary gangs and is publishing a comprehensive book on Los Angeles’ current gang crisis.
Alex Alonso Contact Information | StreetGangs.Com

Nothing about serious rise in violence by numbers in the first article.

The second article discusses two teen beating another teen because he wanted to leave a gang in Memphis, so the black community created a hotline: commendable.

Third article discusses Sacramento's approach by the mayor to reduce violence among teen and you adults, which is most commendable, but does not document significant increases in violence.

Fourth article discusses San Diego's approach by the mayor to reduce violence among teen and you adults, which is most commendable, but does not document significant increases in violence.

I was right no one wants to talk about it.

Easy answers:

The left wont talk about it because they want gun control, and this shows our country is seeing fewer murders of it's citizens (interestingly, though, murders of cops has risen)
The right wont talk about it because it suggests that the cops.......er, I mean, fat, bloated, greedy, worthless government workers.....are doing a damn good job.

Cops in America are "in the fight" against crime. Thats 50% of the reason murder rates are down overall, but the murder rate of cops on-duty is up. They are taking it to the criminal element.

NOW....a question for BigReb: How many of your guns have you literally had sex with? Just be honest. I know at least your .50 cal and .45's. I bet it even fits into the .22's.

Forum List

Back