America is building its own version of the Berlin wall

Since the US doesn't recognize dual citizenship, all you would need do is become a citizen of another country and tell the US to pound sand on their fees. I seriously doubt immigrants to the US pay fees to their former country when they take the citizenship oath here.
Seriously? My mother, my son and I are all dual citizens. Where'd you get that from Tex?
Tex is correct. You can be a dual or triple citizen but that doesn't mean anything here in U.S. You are still a U.S. citizen. You still pay your taxes. If you renounce your citizenship that's a heck of a different story. That's massive paper works and fees plus specialized lawyer to help you.
We have employees all over Asia and South America. One of them wanted to have a dual citizenship Philippines/USA to avoid paying taxes. Phil. gov. welcome him with open arm. However US gov. told him SO. He tried to renounce his citizenship during this process he made an appointment to see me regarding his plan. After explaining I told him, how the fuck I'm going to pay you. This is like paying an illegal alien working for me overseas. That was the end of his adventure.

Paying him would not have been a problem, many US companies have foreign employees. Hell even the US Government has them.

Patriotism shouldn't be a justification for tyranny.

straw-man.jpg

My wife and I plan on retiring in the Philippines, but not to escape taxes, since we really won't have any by then. It's just a lot cheaper to live there, so there's no need to "renounce" anything.

They also don't have bed wetting liberals either, so that's a plus.

Here's to wishing you as early a retirement as possible :beer:

I wasn't aware that there was a fee to renounce your citizenship. I thought you could just leave the Country and e-mail the State Department. Anyway, how this equates to a freaking Berlin Wall is anybody's guess.

I've nread that the federal government has increased its fee for people who want to renounce there citizenship which makes it harder for them to do so. At the same time, the government doesn't prosecute illegal citizens. Isn't it ironic that you can come in for free but can't if you want to leave. It is like they are trying to build a great big wall that prevents people from leaving. It is not a solid wall because that would be to obvious but an economic one where only the well to do can afford to leave.
Do they shoot you in the head for trying to escape?

That would be unpopular....it's much more excepable to increase fees to the point that make doing such a thing unaffordable. Why hasn't anyone asked why the fees were being increased in the first place?

There's no fee to give up a green card. You can just walk away. And your 'record number' lumps in greencard holders. How many actual American citizens gave up their citizenship? Your article can only confirm 150 or so.

I wasn't aware that there was a fee to renounce your citizenship. I thought you could just leave the Country and e-mail the State Department. Anyway, how this equates to a freaking Berlin Wall is anybody's guess.

Poor critical thinking skills. Worse, the source cited by the OP lumps in greencard holders with US citizens. There's no fee to abandon a green card. The actual number of US citizens the article was able to confirm was closer to 150.

1/10th the 'record number' cited by the article.

Forum List

Back