America overwhelmingly wants Term Limits for Congress.

He made a sound argument until he started playing identity politics. Then I turned it off.

Anyone who watches this and is still against term limits is either an idiot, a member of Congress, or both.

We have been over this for the last fifty years and still no consensus....The Supreme Court said it was unConstitutional because it wasn't in the Constitution..

On the state level they did make some states with term limits but other states wouldn't change their constitution.

Change the Constitution and that is the ONLY way you get Term Limits on Congress. I personally think they should repel Term limits on the President and have said so since for ever even when Clinton or Obama might have won a third term.

Anyone who watches this and is still against term limits is either an idiot, a member of Congress, or both.

I'm all for term limits. One year your first term. Four years your second term. No more terms after that and you get yanked the minute your BS and incompetence reaches any point that 100,000 sign a petition from your state to hose your ass.

You have identified the unfortunate dilemma we face in trying to GET term limits. The very ass fucks who can GIVE us term limits have a DIRECT interest in NOT having term limits.

We must take this issue on ourselves in a STATE-led constitutional convention, which is challenging on its own, because the state legislators all have aspirations for Congress, and no incentive to change the current system.

We have been over this for the last fifty years and still no consensus....The Supreme Court said it was unConstitutional because it wasn't in the Constitution..

Where is abortion in the Constitution?

You have identified the unfortunate dilemma we face in trying to GET term limits. The very ass fucks who can GIVE us term limits have a DIRECT interest in NOT having term limits.

We must take this issue on ourselves in a STATE-led constitutional convention, which is challenging on its own, because the state legislators all have aspirations for Congress, and no incentive to change the current system.

I agree with this.

The constitution is amended by votes from state legislatures, not Congress. Do the state legislatures benefit from Congress not having term limits?

Of course there should be term limits.

Scum like Biden and McConnell should only have 2 terms.

the truth is, it won't happen....which you seemed to spell out well....

but we do have the ability to term limit them right now, and that is through the primary....

It's happening in democratic seats.... AOC took a long timer's seat, as just one example.... and another long time Dem is also gonna lose his seat by a younger guy who ran against him.... both shocking results.

it can be done, though not easily.... leg work instead of money.

If they're really in favor of term limits...why don't they primary the congressmen and women out after a few terms?

I mean...we HAVE term limits...we just call them primaries and elections.

It's just like why Sports team owners want salary caps, unless they are forced to do something, they just don't feel like doing it.

Why should anyone be elected to more than 2 terms?

To garner money and power?

Deep State assholes like Pelosi and McConnell should be limited in time in Congress.

Why should anyone be elected to more than 2 terms?

To garner money and power?

Deep State assholes like Pelosi and McConnell should be limited in time in Congress.

I'd say two terms for senator, 5 terms for the House.

12 years and 10 years respectively, enough to keep some institutional history.

Forum List

Back