American Conservatism, b. 1955, d. 2020?

I'm more concerned with the Trump supporters. Even if we elect someone else, something far-too-close to half of our country supports Trump's "vision". So, no, it's not just "ONE GUY" in the White House. As this site shows, there are plenty of deplorables ready to push for more fascism.

You use the word fascism like it means poopoohead. Since the key elements to fascism involve the demand for absolute conformity of opinion, a marriage between industy and state, contempt for democracy and an expansionist military policy, HOW, exactly, does Trump represent a fascist viewpoint?

Heck, it is the DEMOCRAT party that has done nothing but show their contempt for democratic principles through their ever shifting schemes to overturn an election, and the political correct cancel culture of the left that represents a demand for absolute conformity of opinion. It is the Democrats who have been doing the most to control who gets to run a business and who doesn't, and so these claims that it is Trump who is a fascist are ridiculous.

Do you even know what the word means or are you simply repeating the banalities of others, here?

THis is a retail politics confrontation.. Not CDZ material.. Also the OPost copied almost the entire article, violated copyright laws and exposed USMB to complaints and legal actions.. Snipping down the Opost and moving to Gen Discuss...

This is what I mean when I say there is no need for “intellectual conservatism” today. Thomas Jefferson was NOT a “conservative” but a radical Republican. Despite being a slaveholder.

Could be there are more important issues.. Like having CAREER politicians who never face defeat once elected to Congress. The whole CONCEPT of Congress changed by the 2 party duopoly being in opposition for FAR too long.. Makes it into tribal warfare...

Getting CITIZEN legislators and LESS party "nesting" in our Congress and ENCOURAGING AND SUPPORTING outsiders --- just might "trump" (pun -- yes) a WHOLE lot of other issues.. We're in "outsider territority" with public sentiment.. COULD BE DANGEROUS.. But not if populists with a plan and track record get elected as Indies..

The fact that this thread stayed locked all weekend is on me.. Was unintentional.. Wouldn't have moved it from CDZ AND locked it.. Was fighting drainage issues all weekend on the hill behind the house..

Forum List

Back