Americans Back Obama's Proposals to Address Gun Violence

It has nothing to do with the will of the American people. The right to keep and bear arms is a God given right to all of us.

Right....so you think the will of the American people should be ignored?

Which one of the founding fathers was God, by the way?

I think Obama and the rest of these left-wing nutters are scrambling around trying to pick up the pieces. They've lost already. The will of the American people is against them trying to take away our rights.

Latest poll from American News - independent poll:

Should the federal government regulate guns of any type?
Yes........................28% (272883)
No.........................71% (681207

Should Congress ban semi-automatic weapons?
Yes........................22% (217420)
No.........................77% (743035)

If Congress does not act should President Obama use an executive order to ban or strictly control the sale of semi-automatic weapons?
Yes.........................20% (197623)
No..........................79% (761568)

Do you agree that the Second Amendment gives citizens the right toown and bear guns without infringement?
Yes..........................81% (779447)
No............................18% (180405)

Yeah, we all know that Lakota and her sources are always bullshit. Good post Paul I was thinking about looking up a few polls myself. Thanks.

The unbiased Gallup = bullshit source, while the utlra right wing "american news" = fair and balanced? :cuckoo:

You right wing nutcases are insane. Many we should see what unskewed's results are, they were dynamite in the 2012 election :lol:

It has nothing to do with the will of the American people. The right to keep and bear arms is a God given right to all of us.

Right....so you think the will of the American people should be ignored?

Which one of the founding fathers was God, by the way?

I think Obama and the rest of these left-wing nutters are scrambling around trying to pick up the pieces. They've lost already. The will of the American people is against them trying to take away our rights.

Right wingers keep saying the plan is to 'take away' your guns. No one is taking away the right to bear arms. What is being done is restricting what kinds of guns and how much ammunition is allowed. Where does it say anywhere in the gallup poll questions that the right to have a gun is going to be taken away?

Americans clearly support Obama's gun proposals - especially universal background checks.

Since when do we put enumerated rights up for a vote?

Obama and every elected Congress Critter who votes for any of these is violating their oath of office, "to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States"

Obama and every elected Congress Critter who votes for any of these is violating their oath of office, "to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States"

I haven't seen Obama do anything to infringe on the constitution. The GOP on the other hand think it's toilet paper.

And yet the polls say the opposite.

I look forward to seeing your proof, though.

Change is coming. NRA extremists are only making it worse. To folks who may not know - not all gun owners are as nutty as the NRA.

I'm pretty sure Quantum posted something to the effect that this poll pertaining to "overwhelming support" of background checks was bogus.

I'll shoot him a pm, and see if I am correct.

by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- Given the chance to vote "for" or "against" each of nine key proposals included in President Barack Obama's plan to reduce gun violence, Americans back all nine. Americans are most likely to be in favor of requiring background checks for all gun sales (91%), increasing funding for mental health programs aimed at youth (82%), increasing funding for programs to train law enforcement and schools in responding to active armed attacks (79%), and increasing criminal penalties for people who buy guns for others -- so-called straw purchasers (75%).

xih4azwyiu-8ea8zcvrlbw.gif

gbzvay5a-ekzzwg9uureyw.gif
DETAILS: Americans Back Obama's Proposals to Address Gun Violence

Who the fuck answered these questions? Complete idiots? Did Gallup poll a collection of grade school students who don't know anything about guns?

What the fuck is an armor piercing bullet supposed to be? Every bullet made pierces armor, that is what they are fucking designed to do. Are we supposed to ban all bullets? If they are worried about armor piercing, why do they want to ban the lighter "assault weapons" tat actually have less armor piercing capability than a standard hunting round?

Given the chance to vote "for" or "against" each of nine key proposals included in President Barack Obama's plan to reduce gun violence, Americans back all nine. Americans are most likely to be in favor of requiring background checks for all gun sales (91%), increasing funding for mental health programs aimed at youth (82%), increasing funding for programs to train law enforcement and schools in responding to active armed attacks (79%), and increasing criminal penalties for people who buy guns for others -- so-called straw purchasers (75%).
And the American people have every right to see this majority opinion expressed in law.

Just as the minority has every right to challenge the majority opinion in court. Should the courts rule in favor of the minority, then the majority would be compelled to yield to the rule of law.

What we have a right to is not to be governed by polls of idiots that don't understand what the fuck they are talking about. BBs are armor piercing rounds, no one wants to ban BBs.

Tell it to the Judge!

None of the citizens of the US deserve to have a birth-right restricted because of the actions of the mentally ill or criminals who have taken lives and injured people with guns.

Just because there are people who slander others is no reason to limit free speech.

Just because there are criminals who hide weapons or bombs is no reason to search everyone without a reason.

These rights are what make America free - lose them and you lose the America we love.

Spend what it takes t oprosecute the criminals and get help for the insane. Do what it take to protect our children and ALL citizens from criminal acts - not by eroding our rights but by targeting the criminals.

Get back to me when the details come out, I doubt the numbers will be any where close to the generic bs posted here.

The bitch is full of shit, Bing had has this new thing where you could get real time reaction on what obama was saying. 12.9 million Americans and not once did obama get out of the negative. When he started talking about gun control obama fell down too -60

14356c11-f8a4-4bee-bd06-dd9ca41de680.jpg

WASHINGTON -- Reaction to President Obama's State of the Union address Tuesday was largely positive among those who watched the speech, according to instant polling conducted by CNN/ORC.

The network's poll found that 77 percent of viewers had a somewhat or very positive view of the address, and 22 percent had a negative response. At the end of the speech, 71 percent said Obama's policies would move the country in the right direction, up from 65 percent earlier in the evening.

More specifically, 70 percent said Obama's policies on guns would move the country in the right direction, up from 61 percent pre-speech.

More: State Of The Union Poll Shows Largely Positive Reaction

WASHINGTON -- Reaction to President Obama's State of the Union address Tuesday was largely positive among those who watched the speech, according to instant polling conducted by CNN/ORC.

The network's poll found that 77 percent of viewers had a somewhat or very positive view of the address, and 22 percent had a negative response. At the end of the speech, 71 percent said Obama's policies would move the country in the right direction, up from 65 percent earlier in the evening.

More specifically, 70 percent said Obama's policies on guns would move the country in the right direction, up from 61 percent pre-speech.

More: State Of The Union Poll Shows Largely Positive Reaction
Again total bullshit.
Real time reaction from last night state of the union.

14356c11-f8a4-4bee-bd06-dd9ca41de680.jpg

None of the citizens of the US deserve to have a birth-right restricted because of the actions of the mentally ill or criminals who have taken lives and injured people with guns.

Just because there are people who slander others is no reason to limit free speech.

Just because there are criminals who hide weapons or bombs is no reason to search everyone without a reason.

These rights are what make America free - lose them and you lose the America we love.

Spend what it takes t oprosecute the criminals and get help for the insane. Do what it take to protect our children and ALL citizens from criminal acts - not by eroding our rights but by targeting the criminals.

A citizen of the United States has the right to not have the populace disarmed. and just because a group of people choose not to properly read that right doesn't change it.

We're going to behave like rational people and use the creation of law to solve the problems of gun violence in America. You can either assist or get the hell out of the way.

If anyone even dreams of trying to disarm Americans, you are dreaming of war.

Now Lakhota I know you are not First Nations. I know you are not American.

What is your skin in this game?

What's your game girl, boy, woman, man, it?

Oh and I hope you did notice my challenge in the bull ring. I've called you out.

by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- Given the chance to vote "for" or "against" each of nine key proposals included in President Barack Obama's plan to reduce gun violence, Americans back all nine. Americans are most likely to be in favor of requiring background checks for all gun sales (91%), increasing funding for mental health programs aimed at youth (82%), increasing funding for programs to train law enforcement and schools in responding to active armed attacks (79%), and increasing criminal penalties for people who buy guns for others -- so-called straw purchasers (75%).

xih4azwyiu-8ea8zcvrlbw.gif

gbzvay5a-ekzzwg9uureyw.gif

DETAILS: Americans Back Obama's Proposals to Address Gun Violence

All his proposals will do is to keep good people from doing harm...which they never would have done in the first place. Obabble should to stick to providing condoms to his hos...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back