Americans have had over 200 years to prove democracy can work, but...

It really is a Constitutional Republic where we the people elect our representatives through democratic elections.
Couple of questions: Who are our representatives supposed to represent? And who do they actually represent?

A failure of a democracy is a failure of its people. Look at us! Are we Americans the stupidest people on the planet? A democracy requires agreement among the people, yet we can't even agree that we even are a democracy. Our nation appears to be failing. The only thing nearly all people can agree on is - exactly who is responsible for our failure. Nearly everyone will say "It's the Other Side!". And they have PROOF! They can provide links to mounds of evidence on the internet supporting their beliefs. The problem with the internet is, and we should all know this by now, no matter what your beliefs are or how crazy they are, you can always find supporting evidence for them on the internet. There undoubtedly is some honest, rational information available on the internet, but who needs it if it challenges our own beliefs and there is an unlimited amount of alternative 'truth' online that we can spread instead?

Without blaming "the Other Side", can anyone see a way out of this mess?
the entire world of journalism agrees that Fox News and OF COURSE internet conspiracy nuts is total BS as well as Donald Trump. There is no real evidence of election fraud global warming fraud vaccine fraud Pedophilia Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera.... just scumbag lying pundits repeating the same crap.

Couple of questions: Who are our representatives supposed to represent? And who do they actually represent?
We elect them but it seems due to money concerns, corporate/donor interest often override voters opinions. Part of the flawed democracy tag.

Electing Means Giving Up Your Natural Right to Vote on the Issues

The ruling class's Constitution established a republic, which is an omnipotent oligarchy of pre-owned politicians and is the oppositie of democracy.

Notice how all the Communist tyrannies call themselves "republics." That is not a misuse of the term; elitist contempt for the majority is the essence of all republics.
Lifetime politicians was not the goal. It turned into that as the government grew and changes to the constitution occurred. Many different cultures and we pushed diversity instead of unity.

You were dragged down by other countries, allies and enemies alike. It breaks my heart, it truly does. I still hold out hope, but you have to shed any negative influence.from nations who dislike America but only say so in whispers behind your backs.
the brain washed right wing ignoramus and scumbag GOP is the problem. you IOW.

At the moment they are showing how they love to risk the world economy for politics. just incredible scumbags, anything to protect the rich from paying their fair share in taxes.

"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the other forms that have been tried"...Churchill. Try China if you want a form of government where there is no argument. The problem for the U.S. is that the entire mainstream media has become the propaganda arm of one political party and it ain't republicans. People instinctively know that the Biden administration is corrupt but the media defends it and it looks as though the government is in chaos which it is not.

We elect them but it seems due to money concerns, corporate/donor interest often override voters opinions. Part of the flawed democracy tag.
We need more citizen solidarity to overcome this. Solidarity seems impossible now that our representatives have us so strongly divided, but, if we start electing representatives capable of representing us instead of their donors and other special interests, we may have a chance.

I'd like to thank everyone that provided excellent examples of the kind of stupidity I was referring to concerning how we Americans are lost in our "Blame the Other Side" mentality.

A failure of a democracy is a failure of its people. Look at us! Are we Americans the stupidest people on the planet? A democracy requires agreement among the people, yet we can't even agree that we even are a democracy. Our nation appears to be failing. The only thing nearly all people can agree on is - exactly who is responsible for our failure. Nearly everyone will say "It's the Other Side!". And they have PROOF! They can provide links to mounds of evidence on the internet supporting their beliefs. The problem with the internet is, and we should all know this by now, no matter what your beliefs are or how crazy they are, you can always find supporting evidence for them on the internet. There undoubtedly is some honest, rational information available on the internet, but who needs it if it challenges our own beliefs and there is an unlimited amount of alternative 'truth' online that we can spread instead?

We aren't a democracy we're a constitutional republic

"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the other forms that have been tried"...Churchill.
I was thinking that myself. I must have gotten that from some history show about Winston.

Teach folks that we aren't a democracy first thing, I guess

Try and stick it to workers and you deserve what you get. Get rid of unions benefits, paid vacation, and paid sick days...all things that minutely benefit workers. Then tell us how bad those things are. Good idea.

Everybody has the right to their own definitions, but that's not important. What's important is getting our government back on track. You can call it communist, I don't care.
No, words have meaning. This country is going to shit now cause men want to be called women and vice versa

In democracy the people are the highest authority. In a constitutional republic it's the constitution

Last edited:

Forum List

Back